24/29 May 2007 - Lores and Histories - Varrock's New Look

Dork

This update is a joke right? We'll get the REAL update tomorrow? Please...for the love of all that is holy.

Thank God we have our polls. GF Jagex and nice waste of an update. Morons...

It seems clear that Runescape is way too newb for a mighty gamer like you -- I think that you should drop your Runescape subscription and just play WoW full time -- please!

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gfjagexcopy.png

This update is a joke right? We'll get the REAL update tomorrow? Please...for the love of all that is holy.

well... except for today, i wouldn't go there just to look at the houses... as i would need something to do, but really... the graphics enchant the gameplay a little more, and i find this an awesome update

btw... so good to come in here at tif, and know that there's no moaners here? you're playing wow, complain about how bad rs is, what morons jagex is and such there instead.

but i'm stopping now, don't want to start a flame war, so i'll just stop here :P

Scherzo.png

and as i said, i didn't want this to become a flame war.... i can see how some people prefers wow over rs, and the other way (really off-topic btw) and i can really understand your argument about not updating graphics, but hey, we all can have different opinions, right?

Scherzo.png

What is wrong with you people? I'm mad at the fact that Jagex wasted 2 weeks to bring us an update that I feel is completely worthless. Yes, for Java, it looks awesome. That is not the point.

The point is that graphic updates are what I care about the LEAST in this game, and EVEN AN OFFICIAL RUNESCAPE POLL SHOWS THAT GRAPHICS ARE THE LEAST CONCERN OF MOST OF RUNESCAPE!

This is not just me, and this is not some random poll. It is a poll that Jagex conducted themselves. To make matters as awful as possible, graphics updates arent number 3, 4, or even 5 on the list. They are DEAD LAST. 2% of 50k+ people voted for graphics updates, and its what we get.

There are plenty of existing features that I like about Runescape, and plenty of things I would like to do that I have not yet done (for those reasons I continue to play this game on occaision and continue to view these forums), but I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who is outraged that they wasted 2 whole weeks worth of updates to release something that very little of the population really cares about. The mini game is...meh, I dont care about that. It's stupid too, but atleast there isn't an official poll that strictly conflicts with that update.

People who are telling me to leave...all I have to say is this: I don't care. If the best counter-argument you can come up with is to just tell me to leave, then you have about the intelligence of a paper clip. I rant about an update and even show concrete proof that graphics updates are a complete waste of time and please very little of the population. What do you come up with? "GO PLAY WOW MASTER GAMER LOL!!" Great... :uhh:

Also, I really do not expect them to come out with a "second update" and this one just being fake. Why? Because I am not an imbecile. My previous post was just an overt use of sarcasm used to attempt to make my rant more pronounced. Apparently some of you didn't get that. :-s

EDIT:

Strange.png

Sorry, but this is just hilarious.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

gfjagexcopy.png

Are you trying to say that Jagex haven't added any areas for skill training since august of 2006? :-k

EDIT:

Just to be REALLY clear here for you - Varrock had every single point on that poll EXCEPT updated graphics - its looked the same since beta, so maybe they wanted to spruce it up a bit. Stop acting so personally offended they released an update YOU didn't like.

What is wrong with you people? I'm mad at the fact that Jagex wasted 2 weeks to bring us an update that I feel is completely worthless. Yes, for Java, it looks awesome. That is not the point.

The point is that graphic updates are what I care about the LEAST in this game, and EVEN AN OFFICIAL RUNESCAPE POLL SHOWS THAT GRAPHICS ARE THE LEAST CONCERN OF MOST OF RUNESCAPE!

This is not just me, and this is not some random poll. It is a poll that Jagex conducted themselves. To make matters as awful as possible, graphics updates arent number 3, 4, or even 5 on the list. They are DEAD LAST. 2% of 50k+ people voted for graphics updates, and its what we get.

There are plenty of existing features that I like about Runescape, and plenty of things I would like to do that I have not yet done (for those reasons I continue to play this game on occaision and continue to view these forums), but I find it hard to believe that I am the only one who is outraged that they wasted 2 whole weeks worth of updates to release something that very little of the population really cares about. The mini game is...meh, I dont care about that. It's stupid too, but atleast there isn't an official poll that strictly conflicts with that update.

People who are telling me to leave...all I have to say is this: I don't care. If the best counter-argument you can come up with is to just tell me to leave, then you have about the intelligence of a paper clip. I rant about an update and even show concrete proof that graphics updates are a complete waste of time and please very little of the population. What do you come up with? "GO PLAY WOW MASTER GAMER LOL!!" Great... :uhh:

Also, I really do not expect them to come out with a "second update" and this one just being fake. Why? Because I am not an imbecile. My previous post was just an overt use of sarcasm used to attempt to make my rant more pronounced. Apparently some of you didn't get that. :-s

EDIT:

Strange.png

Go back to playing WOW zomgz gamerx0rxz!!!!!1111oneoneone

Lol, kidding, I 100% see what you mean.

Recent updates have been really crappy indeed, just like this one.

I NEVER visit a place for its graphics... I can't see WHY did they do that.

Margus.png

Stop acting so personally offended they released an update YOU didn't like.

Are you kidding me? Are you even coherent? Do you wipe yourself? Do you have any idea of how a business is expected to operate?

If any of the above answers are "No" then forgive me, just ignore what I say.

I'm upset that they continue to release graphics updates when it is perfectly clear that 98% of the people do not even care about it! Honestly...an update that I didn't like...what a joke. I don't like 95% of the updates, but I don't really make a fuss about it. WE DO NOT NEED MONTHLY GRAPHICS UPDATES. If McDonalds got rid of their French Fries, would people have the right to be mad? What if McDonalds started to make nothing but new FISH entrees, and stopped making burgers, should people get mad? Yes. When a company has CONCRETE KNOWLEDGE of what their customers enjoy, they should cater to their needs, not to the thing that they want THE FRIGGN LEAST.

This is not about ME, jagoff, because I rarely play this game. This is about outrage that 1.) Jagex doesn't even care about the polls and 2.) If they do care about the polls, they completely fail.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

EDIT:

Strange.png

Go back to playing WOW zomgz gamerx0rxz!!!!!1111oneoneone

Lol, kidding, I 100% see what you mean.

Recent updates have been really crappy indeed, just like this one.

I NEVER visit a place for its graphics... I can't see WHY did they do that.

i disagree that graphics are completely useless but i agree thta they made us wait a few 2 weeks for this update.

tifsdac6mc.gif

How do we fill case # 30 ? I tryed pickpocketing the Curator and he says he has nothing of value.

BTW: I have done all the quests. :-k

I think this is the case that you stole from during a quest yourself.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

This shows why the folks at Jagex are making millions off nerds like you and me and you, well, aren't making millions.

The poll didn't ask "do you care about graphics?" The poll asked, "Why do you go to an area?" I might go to an area to train, but while I'm there, I want the graphics to be as good as possible. So while someone might not go to an area for the graphics, they might stop playing the game altogether if the graphics aren't updated. Do we really think Runescape would be as big as it is if it still had its original graphics? No way!

To take your fast food example (an industry that you seem to know something about, probably as an employee), sure McDonalds tries to come out with new products that they think people will want to buy, but they also spend a lot of money remodeling and updating the appearance of their restaurants. Why do they do that? Because they know (like Jagex knows) that to compete for customers, you have to give the customers substance and ambiance, both.

So whine away if you like, and Jagex will just keep doing what they're doing, and you'll keep paying them five bucks per month for the privilege of whining about it.

punitivedsig.png

How do we fill case # 30 ? I tryed pickpocketing the Curator and he says he has nothing of value.

So we are unable to fill this case :?: #-o

queenvalerie.png

EDIT:

Strange.png

unless you can make a game better keep your mouth shut you immature person trying to get kicks out of taking the mick out of people. if you think runescape sucks, go try crack or heroine its good graphics i hear. this is a topic about the new update not rants

on topic: done it all except a few: the uzer one and the myrque one

Stop acting so personally offended they released an update YOU didn't like.

Are you kidding me? Are you even coherent? Do you wipe yourself? Do you have any idea of how a business is expected to operate?

If any of the above answers are "No" then forgive me, just ignore what I say.

I'm upset that they continue to release graphics updates when it is perfectly clear that 98% of the people do not even care about it! Honestly...an update that I didn't like...what a joke. I don't like 95% of the updates, but I don't really make a fuss about it. WE DO NOT NEED MONTHLY GRAPHICS UPDATES. If McDonalds got rid of their French Fries, would people have the right to be mad? What if McDonalds started to make nothing but new FISH entrees, and stopped making burgers, should people get mad? Yes. When a company has CONCRETE KNOWLEDGE of what their customers enjoy, they should cater to their needs, not to the thing that they want THE FRIGGN LEAST.

This is not about ME, jagoff, because I rarely play this game. This is about outrage that 1.) Jagex doesn't even care about the polls and 2.) If they do care about the polls, they completely fail.

Im interested where you plucked the 98% figure from. Jagex has made it clear that they are commited to improving the graphics of the whole game, nothing you can do about it, dont like it? Well i dont like pking or lag shame about that isnt it? Tbh most Runescape players are stupid, today in the museum the amount of people shouting what do i do here? wheres the tool rack? whats pottery? was astonishing (note most of these people where lvl 80+). So i wouldnt listen to what these people suggested either. The fact is that making a graphics update wont stop anyone playing except for the lvl 108's with 7000 hours of play time behind them who thought to themselves 'this is the update to rekindle my interest in this game.' and were disappointed that it wasnt teh uber new skillzor.

This most definetely IS about you, you couldnt care less that many people actually enjoy graphics updates you only care that you DONT.

P.s:Polls are not responded to by everyone and thus cannot be said to be representative of the populace, also any significant update takes ages to implement and proof.

So we are unable to fill this case :?: #-o

I'm not sure about that but you don't need 143 to be able to journey to the island when it comes out, just talk to the lady about kudos and if she sais that she will inform when the island comes out it meens you have enough.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Probably the funniest thing I have seen in this topic so far has to be one of the first few pictures posted where people are saying something along the lines of "Is this Varrock" and "Woah it changed?"

How do you play a game with very frequent updates and not read them?

Anyways...

The graphics to me, didn't seem to improve much. Now, I haven't actually logged into RS to see them in person, but I am basing it on the pictures I have seen in both this thread, as well as the Varrock evolution thread.

Some areas look MUCH better, but most areas just changed, not necessarily better or worse...just a different look.

Like (to me) the roofs of buildings look better, while the outer brick walls look not necessarily worse, but less detailed. And the east bank entrance seems less impressive then before...a 'cheaper' look like the building was downgraded? No more hand rails and only 1 set of stairs?

As for the reason behind the updates.

Firstly, as has been said, that poll is slightly irrelevant because it asks why people visit a place, not if they care about graphics in general. People would rather visit a place to train then a place that has good graphics because they training serves a real purpose, BUT it doesn't mean they don't care about graphics.

I also don't think that Jagex updates the graphics necessarily for current customers, but rather to bring in future customers and stay a competitive game. New games are released every year with better and better graphics, and Jagex will never compete with them neck and neck, but if Jagex can stay in the area with improving their graphics over time, that will remain an alternative.

The first thing most people look at before playing a game is pictures of the game. The better Jagex makes the game look, the better this pictures look and the more appeasing the game seems. For example, one picutre I have seen that looks great from this update the the museum pictures of the red dragon and KQ. Put this into the game pictures section and it may help persuade more people to play.

As far as the update taking 2 weeks. How do we know that something small wasn't planned for last week, but they found something wrong with it that needed to be fixed so they had to put it off a few weeks. Updates take months to write, so I would imagine if they found something that didn't work out right,m it could take a week or more to fix it.

Also is it really that important to have an update every week? Theres more then enough to do in RS for a few months if there was no updates let alone 2 weeks.

I as well would love some 110 or 120+ updates but I don't think that will ever happen unless Jagex uses a combat or stat restriction. I think fight caves was meant to be a 110 or 120+ updates and we have people that have done it at level 50. I think to Jagex, a level 120 update would be an update that a level 120 could do without too much trouble and a level 100 would have a little difficulty doing.

I think in Jagex terms, what we want is a level 150 update that would be difficult for a 110-120, and near impossible under 100. However I think we all know that isn't happening.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

EDIT:

Strange.png

Why is my picture hilarious? Are you laughing at me or Jagex. If your laughing at Jagex for one small mistake, then thats really stupid. Everyone makes mistakes. If your laughing at me because of something in that picture, please tell me what? Did i make a mistake and that is spelled correctly?

barrowbarkr2.png

It was an ok update... but I don't understand all the raves about how great Varrock looks now. It doesn't look that much better to me - just different. I am glad they took out that spearwall on the western side - it was a PITA during clay mining.

The museum was handled a lot better than the Karamja diary. At least you didn't have to go run and gather all that stuff up again.

Now, back to power fletching...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours