Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Omg my whammy bar is messed. :cry: It's so loose. At least it still registers when I touch it.

Thank God I pre-ordered another guitar whenever they're coming out. I'll just use that one.

EDIT: Wait....I just realized that I still have warranty left! Maybe I can get it fixed! \' ....wait....calm....don't jinx it... :-$ :pray:

Wait... Where can you pre-order extra Wii guitars!? :XD:

My whammy bar isn't loose, but sometimes it doesn't work at all for a few hours, it always seems to happen when I need it too. Like during boss battles #-o

I believe I pre-ordered with Toys R' Us. I did it a while ago, so I'd have to look to see for sure.

Wow, Guitar Hero has 500 Posts. ::'

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha for a speed challenge you wanna see misrlou (sp?) on expert , or even hard for that matter. its not complex strings of notes that get you, its just tiredness from strumming so damn fast.

"The Way It Ends" ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Prototype

On expert that just craps all over misrlou. Pretty much the entire song save for maybe %10-15 is just an insane stream of double strumming notes.

If you're whammy bar is messed, and the warranty is no good, you can easily use an elastic as a temporary fix. If you know anyone confident enough to open your guitar, i have seen many tutorials on youtube on how to do a more permanent fix by putting an elastic on the inside.

To extend the life of your whammy bar remember, there is little point in whammying non starpower notes (you gain absolutly nothing pointwise from whammying, only extra starpower from starpower notes) and whammying slow gives you the same as whammying like a sugar buzzed humming bird (as long as the notes are glowing blue you are getting starpower)

And some people can't get easy and medium, you can't forget the fact that the beat is waaaaayyy off on those settings and you don't play notes even though you hear them. And also some people take longer to get into the game then others. And also the notes are really slow, and i find people strum before the note comes, and hyperspeed can really help them out. I

Knights of Cydonia is the easiest song on it's tier, if you can alt strum any good, I beat it my first try (not very good though)h

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

And some people can't get easy and medium, you can't forget the fact that the beat is waaaaayyy off on those settings and you don't play notes even though you hear them. And also some people take longer to get into the game then others. And also the notes are really slow, and i find people strum before the note comes, and hyperspeed can really help them out.

Thank you, that is true and a big reason for why I was having trouble with Medium. A lot of times, you're getting really into the song, you know what's coming next, and you go full blast into it in time with the song and you've gone and strummed too fast, screwing up the whole beat and now you have to miss a couple of notes to get back on track. It's especially hard to get some of those series of half and quarter-notes, as it's difficult to tell them apart sometimes and the timing is often just wrong.

Meh, just a bit of defense against those who are ridiculing us newbie players for having problems. I just got this for Christmas and had never touched a GH game before in my life. I have now beat all songs on Medium and I'm working on improving my speed and dexterity (damn red+blue chords) before I move onto Hard and Expert. So give us a break.

p2gq.jpg

^ I started playing Guitar hero with #2 about like 5 months ago maybe. I breezed through easy no problem, but had a problem with blue notes on medium.

Now I'm blazing through on expert though. Also to throw it in, but i played the alto sax for a good 6 years before I even tried guitar hero, so I had plenty of experience with moving my fingers fast lol.

And some people can't get easy and medium, you can't forget the fact that the beat is waaaaayyy off on those settings and you don't play notes even though you hear them. And also some people take longer to get into the game then others. And also the notes are really slow, and i find people strum before the note comes, and hyperspeed can really help them out.

Thank you, that is true and a big reason for why I was having trouble with Medium. A lot of times, you're getting really into the song, you know what's coming next, and you go full blast into it in time with the song and you've gone and strummed too fast, screwing up the whole beat and now you have to miss a couple of notes to get back on track. It's especially hard to get some of those series of half and quarter-notes, as it's difficult to tell them apart sometimes and the timing is often just wrong.

Meh, just a bit of defense against those who are ridiculing us newbie players for having problems. I just got this for Christmas and had never touched a GH game before in my life. I have now beat all songs on Medium and I'm working on improving my speed and dexterity (damn red+blue chords) before I move onto Hard and Expert. So give us a break.

*Gives Break*

:P

At least now you can get better while I fix my whammy bar.

As for repairs, I think I still have about a month left on my warranty, and I sent them an e-mail about repairs. I'm hoping to get a reply back soon.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Just started hard yesterday, I got 5 stars on about 95% of the career songs on medium, so I felt it was time to move on. However, I've only managed to complete the first 4 songs on hard :/

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

As for repairs, I think I still have about a month left on my warranty, and I sent them an e-mail about repairs. I'm hoping to get a reply back soon.

So much for that "month" left on warranty! I took it back yesterday, and it turned out I was on my 59th day of a 60 day warranty! :XD: How lucky is that?!?!

So my whammy bar is now fixed. *goes back to shredding* 8-)

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot. NOM and I played a couple of co-op songs together. Ummm...Suck my Kiss, That one long abbreviated song, Bulls on Parade, and Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll. I played hard while he played medium. We got 90%+ on most if not all of them. I think we got 88% on the abbreviated song...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Oh, and I almost forgot. NOM and I played a couple of co-op songs together. Ummm...Suck my Kiss, That one long abbreviated song, Bulls on Parade, and Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll. I played hard while he played medium. We got 90%+ on most if not all of them. I think we got 88% on the abbreviated song...

FCPREMIX :)

And the 88 was your fault :P .

p2gq.jpg

Im stuck on 3's and 7's knights of cydonia and before I forget on hard mode.

This.

There's just no way in hell I'm going to get past those two songs. Any tips?

Before I Forget - Just practice over and over on the parts you're having trouble on, do it on Slowest, then Slower, then Slow, then Full Speed. It really helps, that's how I did it.

3's & 7's - Don't really remember that song :anxious: I'll play it later tomorrow (if I have time), and try to give you some tips.

Its the start of before I forget that screws me over, the triple chords are o.k

also is the foo fighters and velvet revolver pack worth buying?

Just practice it over and over, save all your star power until the bridge, and hope for the best :D Actually I forget if the Bridge is as hard on hard as it is on expert, I don't think it is, meh <.< :lol:

I don't have GH3 on the 360, so I can't answer your second question, but if you like the songs then go for it.

Been looking to get this game now for a now month now but ive just got a Wii for christmas so i was wondering which one you lot would suggest

Wii

or

PS2

Problem is that my PS2 is in my room all the time and we are still undecided where to put the Wii although I would like to get another game.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Get it for the Wii, no online play on PS2.

Online play for Wii sucks anyway, so it doesn't really matter :lol:

I beg to differ. Wii online is free, and there is no difference in quality besides the stupid friend codes, but that's not a big deal if all you want to do is play people.

And downloadable content is coming in the first quarter of '08 too.

p2gq.jpg

Get it for the Wii, no online play on PS2.

Online play for Wii sucks anyway, so it doesn't really matter :lol:

I beg to differ. Wii online is free, and there is no difference in quality besides the stupid friend codes, but that's not a big deal if all you want to do is play people.

And downloadable content is coming in the first quarter of '08 too.

dlc for the wii!? sweet!