Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

The farthest I've ever gotten in it one-handed (with actually trying to hit the pattern, not spamming frets randomly) was 11 notes, I believe. Pretty sure I have actually managed a 2x multiplier, at least... Every once in a while, I'll attempt one of the numerous tapping methods, and I get 9 notes every time... I just haven't figured them out yet. It's all about speed *and* consistency on One, and I have to build up both of them...

On each of the slower practice speeds I can go farther... I can FC the triplets on slowest one-handed, but it's a rather large jump between 11.2 NPS and 22.5...

:o I can get 4x multiplier (30 note streak) on FSA one handed occasionally, can almost always manage to get >10 notestreak at some point in it. Most I've ever got was a 50ish note streak.

This is just from playing the song normally, not doing it in practice. Highest % of FSA I've had one handed is about 90%. Shame I suck at Darkness section and the bit after FSA :P

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DarkDude, what method are you using? Going for each note/anchoring top note/randomly spamming frets?

FSA has always been one of my greatest weaknesses... I've never passed the song without using star power there because I've never figured out how to do it at all consistently :(

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Don't know how to describe it, sort of "randomly spamming" mixed with going for the notes. All I know is that when I can get a good run in it it's usually a good run, other times I just fail epically.

Anyway, I've "beaten" GH:WT now, got the achievements for finishing it on Expert (It's also stackable, so you get easy, medium etc.), still have a few "bonus" songs to beat, only one song I have actually failed on and that's Satch Boogie, should have it beat in a few tries, only tried a couple of times last night, the new slide sections are what screws me over in it :s

Very disappointed with it to be honest, Satch Boogie is the only "hard" song and that's not even up to Raining blood's standard, every song other than that is easy to pass with a few that are hard to do well on but I wasn't anywhere near failing them :s

Going to finish off all songs on Guitar then move onto bass and see how that is in career.

Maybe because GH3 was ridiculously hard and anyone who can do extremely well on it, which is most people on this thread, will not find new songs challenging unless they surpass GH3's difficulty. Which was extreme. Therefore, not going to happen.

I think you have to keep in mind that GH has a massive casual audience that is no where near the skill level of those few "elite." That would be us. People at Saidn's level are even fewer.

So, in short, get over it.

p2gq.jpg

Maybe because GH3 was ridiculously hard and anyone who can do extremely well on it, which is most people on this thread, will not find new songs challenging unless they surpass GH3's difficulty. Which was extreme. Therefore, not going to happen.

I think you have to keep in mind that GH has a massive casual audience that is no where near the skill level of those few "elite." That would be us. People at Saidn's level are even fewer.

So, in short, get over it.

Expert should be for people who are good enough to play it, it shouldn't be dumbed down just so people can say they can beat expert. The lack of any extremely tough songs was a huge disappointment, make them "bonus" songs like TTFAF was so the average joe doesn't even have to play them, give those of us who want a challenge have it.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that they were trying to find songs that very hard to play "overall". As in not extremely difficult on just guitar, but just decent on all instruments. Maybe that's why there aren't any TTFAF style songs in GH:WT. (Although I would love to play drums on TTFAF...)

Idk, just a random thought.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Expert should be for people who are good enough to play it, it shouldn't be dumbed down just so people can say they can beat expert. The lack of any extremely tough songs was a huge disappointment, make them "bonus" songs like TTFAF was so the average joe doesn't even have to play them, give those of us who want a challenge have it.

There are plenty of people good enough to play Expert. Having 20+ FC's and passing TTFAF is another matter.

Someone who can do that on GH3, with its insane difficulty, is just going to be disappointed with new installments. Period.

I'm sure DLC will provide some "challenge." Also Diesel brings up a good point. You can't whine about the guitar difficulty when there are now other aspects to the game that the creators have to look for. Have a go at drums, try out the new bass mechanics (which look freaking sweet). Try singing. I know I will.

p2gq.jpg

How is DarkDude playing GH:WT?! It's not even out yet..

Theres plenty of ways. Leaks... imports... Sears...

I think he might be from Europe, where it's already out. But I'm probably wrong.

EDIT: Yup, he is from Europe.

I'm going to get the Guitar Bundle for World Tour since the guitar is amazing and my RB1 drums are good enough. I'm having little success with my Wii GH3 Customs at the moment, because I've only gotten one copy working properly and it lags during the songs.

EDIT2: I'm installing GH3PC at the moment for customs, and I don't know if I've told you guys this yet but I just finished making my SGplorer. I took a PS2 SG that I got for $20, bought a used Xplorer for $25, and swapped the guts so now I have a working SG guitar for the 360. I have 6 buttons on my workbench ready to solder on for Start, Select, X-Box Guide, Left/Right D-Pad (for practice mode speed in RB), and a Killswitch (button to strum). I have to do that since I couldn't align the Xplorer circuit board with the SG's normal buttons. I also have a headphone jack to solder onto the Select button so I can have a Star Power Pedal. I can't wait to bring it into the Rock Band 2 tournament on November 1st and show off :D I'll post pics when its done.

EDIT3: (Lol third edit in like 5 minutes), has anyone seen this new Logitech guitar? It looks like the biggest waste of money ever, I have no idea who is going to buy it.

Lol, about time. I think we're at about 120 pages including those lost in the rollback. GH thread > God thread. Win.

Yes, indeed.

I can't wait for World Tour, I have to settle with just the Game for now because I'm running low on cash and still have to be able to afford the RB2 tournament, Saw 5 with my friends next week, and either Legendary or Gears of War 2. I'll end up getting the guitar for Hanukkah, so hopefully my SGplorer is ready by Sunday!

I'm also still grounded, so I hope that my parents will give back everything by Sunday. I haven't played Guitar Hero or Rock Band in like 2 weeks... (besides 2 songs at my friends house, and one Easy song with the Wiimote, lol)

Just got 3rd for Monsoon on GH:WT :( 400 points behind 2nd and 4k behind 1st so obviously my paths are wrong or I'm activating at the wrong time bleh!

Have about 10 top 10s at the moment, those will of course go down over the next week days as more people get the game, I want to try and get top in one song though :(

Meh...well, since I can no longer get onto GH.com from my house I have decided to step down as Leader of the tour group. I will be going to my grandparents house tomorrow and I will appoint a new leader.

Now the only question is...who? Anyone interested in the job?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

So I just watched a video for bass on BYOB.

Holy [cabbage].

It doesn't look that hard, open notes are just confusing at first, but even after watching it just once it doesn't seem that tricky at all, just think of it as an extra fret. It's the same as learning the bass pedal for drums, except since I've never played WT I wouldn't know and it's probably insanely hard \'

Went for slightly harder songs tonight:

BeforeIForget.png

Thought I had lost my ability to do the Bridge, but my first run of it in practice was a FC, so apparently not. This was my second reFC of the night, my first was 563,814... on this run my whammy cut out (my guitar is having all sorts of problems, the yellow fret was also dropping every few runs), losing me 800-ish points in the bridge activation. Decent score, but I can definitely improve on it...

I also found out in the runs after this one (I did try for another reFC, but I was tired of the song by this point) that I actually *could* hit a squeeze I hadn't been trying for before, which means even more possibility for reduxness.

Better than a reFC: A new FC!

TakeThisLife-3.png

Haven't played this since the day after my choke run (that day I stumbled through it and did nothing interesting), so I decided to try it out today. While my first few runs were nothing to be proud of, I had everything back under control in short order, and the FC came quickly. Unfortunately my star power usage wasn't that great, but it's the first FC, so reFCs may yet come...

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Our library has a guitar hero game there and they hold tournaments every so often, and if you beat the librarian at it, you get the fines cleared off of your card.

Our library is real "hip".

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

... I will let this picture speak for itself:

SchoolsOut-2.png

Hopefully you all know what School's Out optimal was thought to be...

Haxer.

Grats :D School's out as my first On disc FC (2nd overall after Dream on) so it holds a special place in my heart :P

Saidin, do you offer lessons in tick squeezing by any chace ::' ?

Speaking of firsts, I managed to grab two 1sts for TTL and TWIE on Hard across all systems :D !

TTL was the hardest, me and LemonMeringue were battling for first for quite awhile, and I though he had me beat when he managed to squeeze 80% minus ticks. However in the end I finally managed to get a run where I got all the double squeezes except in the third activation and the fourth (which was adjusted) and didn't drop any ticks!

[hide=Take This Life (Hard), 454,578, 1st all systems!]TakeThisLife--Hard100--454578.jpg[/hide]

[hide=The Way it Ends (Hard), 412,556, 1st all systems!]TheWayItEnds--Hard100--412556.jpg[/hide]

Also, I uploaded a video of a FC of FSA on Hard, so hopefully I can translate that to a real run soon and get it on video as well! I also made an FC video of Monsters because I'm 99% with the solo, and getting it on my first run proved that.

One FSA FC (Hard) - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRpCwp8LM

EDIT: Monsters vid is up - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y0pRhbMr8c

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I didn't want to post this on ScoreHero, because if it proves wrong I have a feeling I'd be flamed to death, but I have a theory on squeezing with HOPOs... I can't be entirely sure (wish I could film my runs, because then I could check), but I believe I actually hit the red note at the beginning of the activation *in* the yellow sustain, as in after the center of the yellow note had already passed. If this is correct, I think it would mean that you can in fact hit a note after the next note - if the next note is a HOPO. You'll never be able to hit a strummed note after the next strummed note, but I honestly believe I hit that first note after I shouldn't have been able to.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg