What was the 1st thing you did as a noob? 1k+ views

Guest Rob

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think I died because of the dark wizards, then I started mining.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Someone locked me in the goblin house... :cry: but then I found full mith on the ground! :shock: Sold it to someone for 1.5k (this was before noobs thought: if the rune scimmy is 26k, then the rune long is 25k!), bought full iron off a smither I found in varrock, bought a newcomer map, realized there was a world map, memorized it, and then I never needed one again! \' And Can you believe it? All in about 3 hours...

My friend helped me through.. I died on my first char (went into al kharid unknowingly and died to scorpion >_<;) then made 2nd char (current character) and trained on goblins til lvl 20ish before i discovered falador.. :o

And no.. I never begged.. and I NEVER will. Ever.

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

Guest Kickpointy

I sat in Varrock West Bank Basement and collected that coin respawn. When I got 300gp I though I was a millionaire.

When I just created my first account, I knew next to nothing about the game. So I looked around for a while, admiring people in colored armors and capes (as I only had the basic newb gear), and then walked across the bridge where I found some low-level goblins that I started to fight :). During the same first game session, I found out about firemaking, cooking and woodcutting, all on my own, since the newb island didn't exist back then.

First thing I did was explore, got lost alot. Then I found the lumbridge/varrock farm and killed chickens because there were always members there buying feathers for 5-10gp each. I made lots of money as a lvl 3+ noob training on chickens and selling feathers.

squirrel.jpg

~HOORAY FOR BEING MUTED!~

nothing i was never a noob but i was a newb

first thing i did as a newb was kill a rat

13zwenn.png

hmmmm....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................................................................

i think i went mining in dwarven mine, got killed by scorpions coupla times. oh, first i killed one of those lvl 2 men after i typed to him and he wouldn't talk, thought i pked him because right after i did it, a man respawned at the castle :oops:

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Let's see...

First of all it took me forever to figure out how to open the door to get out of the bank in tutorial island... :oops:

But after I got off tutorial island I killed a few goblins, wandered around, and ended up in Port Sarim. I killed chickens and sold their feathers to the fishing store. I was too afraid to leave cause I never thought I'd be able to find it again. I was considering getting a job at the store. :lol: Didn't know that was just for a quest. :roll:

I did that until about lvl 16, which then I went and did Ernest the Chicken. After that, I stayed in Draynor Manor doing two things 1). Leading people through the levers part of Ernest the Chicken and helping out with the other parts if they needed it and 2). Showing people how to get out, which I did far more often. :lol: After a long time of doing that I finally left...

Black, Red, and White

I'm a DeKk3rite!

i had a friend that helped me start and he told me to kill chickens then he brought me to karumja to the banana plantation and to just pick bananas i got like 15k (or it could have been 1500 i thought that was a ton when i started )

f2p for life

I apologize for my terrible spelling

brianw789.png

First off all the title of this thread is incorrect. When you start off, you are actually a newb (or newbie).

Second, the first thing I did was explore a bit. Once I found the chickens in the farm south of Falador I trained my combat on them for a while and sold the feathers for money that bought me full steel.

I am proud to say that I was never a begger, scammer, noob, or one of those people that doesn't know there is a world map button just above their play screen.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

i thought that catherby was F2P :oops:

Then i thought it was also called draynor villiage.... :oops:

i thought that falador was a the westernmost edge of the map (stupid newbie map...) i thought that the only way to get a new picaxe was buy it from another player or go to the mining guild... :oops:

and plenty more... i have a "map" of RS as i thought it was when i was a noob...

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

Follow my friend to wilderness and get killed by a giant rat!!

untrimmedslayercape2.png

U N T R I M M E D S L A Y E R C A P E - 22 August 2009 (No Soul War used for any exp)

Memberlist of Untrimmed Slayer and seeker: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=untrimslay

Q U E S T C A P E - 31 May 2008

~ F I R E C A P E ~ - 5 Dec 2008

What was the 1st thing you did as a noob??

I bought a goblin armour for 100gp from a player... :?

Did you beg?

Yep. -.- I'm slightly ashamed of that now. If another n00b asks me for free stuff, heads will roll... <.<

Did you die?

Pretty sure... Probably got killed by a goblin. ::'

Did you get lost like I did?

Yeah! Back then I coudn't even find my way from Lumbridge to Varrock without getting lost in the process.

Did you work up stats?

Stats? What are those? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to find my way to Varrock.

Stood up for 5 min observing Lumby, walking east picking up any gold pieces I found, made my way to varrock. I can remember myself being quiet about everything and not talking to anyone or asking for any help. Figured out things on my own. :wink:

Dart.jpg