What was the 1st thing you did as a noob? 1k+ views

Guest Rob

I found the cow fields and fought there for a long time without upgrading any weapons or armor. I remember meeting this level 44ish person in mith who I thought was one of the Runescape gods at that point. He was one hitting cows for crying out loud!

Torlen.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...it's been quite a while..probably about 5 yearsish..but i distinctly remember not being able to move my character correctly. For instance, i would go south instead of north, east instead of west..east instead of north..took me a bit to realize there was a compass. Actually, I remember some nice player helping me out at the time..

After I figured out the compass, i started mining...don't remember where tho..then I fished a long time, then i went and fought the dark wizards over by draynor....i fished and killed the wizards...yeah..that's what i remember.

:)

"it's frustrating when you know all the answers, but no one bothers to ask you the questions"

lostdreamer3.png

i found runescape on miniclip. my first 2 accounts got killed, 1st by highwayman, 2nd by zombie random event, so i made a new 1 my present 1. i spent my first month on rs killing goblins and selling logs to the general store in lummy, until i had 17k and cmbt 30!!!!! i also remeber getting lost on tutorial island...

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

First I lagged out in Draynor I think, but somehow I died. Must have attacked a guard or something. Then I fought cows for a while and died. Then spent like a week looking for a general store to buy a tinderbox. Then I made fires and cooked chicken. Then I wanted to go fishing and tried every fishing spot I could find until I realized I needed a net. Then I spent a few days finding a fishing store.

First thing I did was try to find Falador - all I had was newb map (didn't know about world map). That was an adventure in itself what with getting mugged, meeting NPCs, getting attacked by over-zealous jail guards etc., and generally getting lost. When I finally got there, I mined until I could do Doric's quest. Did that, then discovered these three suspicious looking blokes north of Fally. This was three days after tutorial. I tried pickpocketing them and it said you can only do that on a member's server. <.< I got members that minute.

Then I discovered farming...

Love me faaarming. ::'

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

well being as this was in rsc when i started, the first thing i did was run around a promtly get lost, as good as i can guess i was over by the cabbage patch in rimmington, i remember this cause all the pkers hung out there and i got killed really really fast (this was before the wild came out and lumb was the only safe spot) after that i found that you could buy silk in al-kerid and sell it in varrock for like 5x the profit!! did that til i could by full steel and i cant remember the rest.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Had my buddy beside me irl to guide me a bit.. I went straight for the mine between varrock and al kaharid because my buddy mined for money a lot and I thought I'd get rich.. I mined for a long time;\ I remember spending my first 5k on a iron pickaxe:(

When i first joined RS i did many things

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââasked other noobs what to do...

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââLaugh at the game saying its lame not knowing i would soon be addicted

"My Weapon is my faith. Even I die, my faith shall never fall before the enemy"

POP-Signature-v23.gif

First thing I did was mine and smith. Then you had to mine copper and tin in SE varrock walk a full load to the furnace near lumby then walk back to varrock and sell what you made :wall:

i went into wilderness and pk'ed a lvl 3 in lvl 20 something wilderness <3:

i don't pk anymore :XD:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

First thing I did? wandered around killing goblins till I got hopelessly lost and ended up in Draynor (there were no new-comer maps at the time). Then I had the unfortuante chance of accepting a quest to kill the infamous Count Draynor :shock: ....I learnt my lesson.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

I was lucky enough to be helped by a higher level the instant i got to lumbridge. Gave me 1k and full iron, shame i got the iron scammed straight away after -.-

Darn that armour trimming scam. I now make sure i report anyone saying free armour trimming :twisted:

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

• 1 month later...

i mined, got about 50 bronze bars, then wlaked to varock to smith, and got killed by dark wizards

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Typed in all the people I knew played RS already into my friends list. Then I went mining for an hour. :wall:

After that I was in Varrock and my one of my friends gave me full mith armour. I was like OMG!! MITH!!! but then again everyone did that back in RSC. ::'

Pasty.png