How nice is "too nice"?

wizardguy31

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i help people whenever Im not busy and there asking u to tell them something or take them somehwere but i will not teach people how to do something like bandos dks rock lobs ect. i help a friend learn how to do rock lobs and he told all his friend how good the charms were and wanted me to teach them how to do it because i was a good teacher....so too nice in my opinion is do hard or time consuming thing for people u dont even know

Iwatch_po12n.png

dk drops- 35 x dragon hatchet 35 x berserker ring 37 x warrior ring

Dragon drops- 4x left half 2 x med helm 4x skirt 2 x legs 4x shard 9 x claws

Bandos drops-6x Tassets 2x boots 4x chestplate 1x hilt[/color]

erkid"]I only help people if they have the time to spell properly. Spend your time spelling decently and I will spend my time helping you.

So in your book, care for grammar and education is directly proportional to how high someone is placed in your hierarchical scale of worthiness. Good sir, that is not charity.

As for Wizard, I think you should do whatever you want. The very creation of this thread is telling that your philanthropic mindset is slowly turning to a more self-concerning onewhich isn't necessarily a bad thing. However cliché it may sound, just do whatever you want to do, but don't deny someone charity because you are worried about something, such as your time, do it because you just don't want to.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

I don't go out of my way to help people and I NEVER give out items or cash. I figure if someone is asking for it, it just means they're too lazy to figure out how to get it themselves. That's an insult to ME.

They may as well say, "Hey! I'm too lazy to work for 5k gp but since you worked for it you should just give it to me since you've got way more than that anyway!"

It frustrates me. I'm not mean about it, but I will give them a blunt no and tell them to go earn it. That's not uncalled for or mean, it's just a simple answer with advice attached. If they choose to see it as you being a jerk, that is their issue.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

erkid"]I only help people if they have the time to spell properly. Spend your time spelling decently and I will spend my time helping you.

So in your book, care for grammar and education is directly proportional to how high someone is placed in your hierarchical scale of worthiness. Good sir, that is not charity.

What [bleep]erkid tries to state here is that he will not help people that are to lazy to properly ask for it. If people start to talk in internet-slang, I tend to ignore them aswell. If a person chats in complete sentences, this shows me the person is capable of finding things out. Chatting in complete sentences points towards being educated or at least, not being lazy. Personally it gives me the feeling the person is capable of understanding things and is actually looking for advice, more then items.

For myself, I will help people when I get the feeling they want and need the help. Help is never given out in terms of expensive items. Small items, like a spade at farming for example, are definitly things I like to hand out. Other then that I firmly believe in the earlier mentioned: 'Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime' (Don't know the correct english version, this is a rough translation from the dutch-version')

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I usually only help people who actually ask me politely/give me a good impression...

Seriously, you're asking me for help and you can't be bothered to type properly or say please?

I hate beggars. They are so lazy, and can't help themselves. Seriously if you're so lazy that you can't click a button, spell the freaking place you want to go to (with a spellcheck furthermore) and look for it on the map, I really have nothing to say to you. Jagex has even provided dungeon maps, so there's absolutely no reason for asking you to bring them somewhere.

Item beggars are even worse. With conveniences impossible in real life (I'm looking at you, Grand Exchange), and yet you can't be bothered to earn some stupid cash to buy whatever you want, I facepalm.

If you want to help people sometimes, then go right ahead, but DO NOT feel like you are obligated to help everyone that asks for it. I try to answer most people's questions but I draw the line at giving them free stuff or walking them to a place or through quests. Advice is always more helpful to a fellow player's learning than just doing it for them. Unfortunately, if there is one thing rs has taught me it's that the nicer you are to someone, the more they use and take advantage of you. So help if you want but don't spend all of your time doing things for other people. You should be nice to yourself first.

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Basically, help if you want to, but don't be compelled to do it. I'm the person who wouldn't give anything to someone who at least had the potential to get things done. Now, a newbie, fresh into the game, they're the people who actually could use some real help. Making them some basic armor or just helping them out is nice but not needed.

Twibb.png