For the British: Is this the worst summer ever so far?

Futurama

For those of you in Britain, what do you think of the weather at the moment? This June has been one of the hottest on record for Spain, but where's our sodding sun? It's been raining again all day here! This is NOT what you call a summer! :(

Discuss. :)

logo.jpg

typical british summer tbh..

I really hate it when all the news reports say

MOST HORRIBLE STORM ON RECORDS!!! GLOBAL WARMING IS KILLING US AS WE SPEAK!! RUN TO THE HILLS!! because like 4 people died in a flood..

What do they do... burn all the records yearly so it technically is the worst on record... purely because they dont have any others? Its stupid.

Yes i would like it to be more sunny.. but im off to a med cruise this summer hols so i dont really care abt the weather here.

Tk5SF.png

Britain... while every other bloody country in the world is heating up, we all get colder. lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Lol yeh. Im british and proud. I dont think the weather really knows what it wants to do. One minute its a heat wave, the next its a tycoon, ITS ANNOYING!! :?

do you mean typhoon?

weather cant be a tycoon...although..

WEATHER TYCOON! the latest crappy tycoon game which can occupy your attention for all of 4 minutes before you realize its exactly the same as every other tycoon game!

Tk5SF.png

WEATHER TYCOON! the latest crappy tycoon game which can occupy your attention for all of 4 minutes before you realize its exactly the same as every other tycoon game yet you still find yourself playing it for 5 hours a day
:D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

WEATHER TYCOON! the latest crappy tycoon game which can occupy your attention for all of 4 minutes before you realize its exactly the same as every other tycoon game yet you still find yourself playing it for 5 hours a day
:D

hehe... sadly so true

Tk5SF.png

Tell me about it <.<

I live in Yorkshire, and I'm working for the next couple of weeks in an office by the river/canal. So when the river/canal burst it's banks on Monday and we had to leave an hour early due to flood risk I thought, "hell yeah! here we go!"

Then I get home and the power's off at home, and was for 24 hours. So no hot water, heating or electricity for 24 hours, and sod's law, I get the morning of work the next day! Typical! Still, gave me a good excuse to get some proper reading done.

Anyway, enough of my rant, I understand some people had it properly bad (especially in Sheffield) so I suppose I got off lucky really.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

MOST HORRIBLE STORM ON RECORDS!!! GLOBAL WARMING IS KILLING US AS WE SPEAK!! RUN TO THE HILLS!! because like 4 people died in a flood..

Stop trying to be funny.

I live in the North of England and I know many people that have been evacuated, I'm sorry it's spoiling your summer time but you know only 4 people have died. Nevermind about the guy that got trapped in a drain and drowned despite frantic attempts to rescue him.

Stop trying to be funny.

I live in the North of England and I know many people that have been evacuated, I'm sorry it's spoiling your summer time but you know only 4 people have died. Nevermind about the guy that got trapped in a drain and drowned despite frantic attempts to rescue him.

stop trying to be all depressing

I also live in the north of england. I am sorry for the people who died... but im just saying that the media blows it out of all proportion. Now.. while typing this, global warming has killed another 16 billion people according to the latest figures... im off to hide in my environment-proof shelter.. You would too if you were smart.. or its gonna get ya!

Tk5SF.png

Ugh so much rain. It's .. Depressing.

The M1 has been closed and Sheffield is a flood. I think South Bound of M1 and some junction around 35 as been opened up, but traffic is VERY slow. 50 MPH and busy.

I walked my girl to school and we had to walk though very deep water under a motorway bridge. Not as bad as what is happening elsewhere.

Unlucky assassin, you live like .. close to me but we were fine here. I live on top of a hill yay.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Ugh so much rain. It's .. Depressing.

Rain and thunderstorms makes me happier than a summer day with a light breeze :mrgreen: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm British.

I love the rain, and the coldness, and the winter-ey-ness.

I love when it floods the roads, and the huge puddles.

and when the water runs down the side of the roads.

but not the devastating effect it can have on people and the environment.

Indeed.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

The M1 has been closed and Sheffield is a flood. I think South Bound of M1 and some junction around 35 as been opened up, but traffic is VERY slow. 50 MPH and busy.

That sounded like a radio announcement. :shock:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

That sounded like a radio announcement. :shock:

Proceed with caution, and check your breaks whenever possible.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

I live in Yorkshire,
Didn't know that where abouts if you dont mind me asking.

Im from Leeds origionally but live in Huddersfield now.

My stepdad's parents live in Barnsley and the are they live in is pretty high up however they are now living on an island as there is water all around their estate.

iteme3721.jpg

I love rain. I put on my jacket, go out to the park with my iPod, just sit there, listening to music and thinking.

But I live in the middle of the desert (AZ :x ) so it's a rare occasion. Rain is expected next week though, so that's cool.

Anyway, hope some sunshine goes your way (I wish I could give you some of AZ's sunshine, 100 degrees Farenheight daily is a bit too much sunshine -.- ).

Don't you realise by now? Whenever Wimbledon comes along, it will consistently rain until all British contenders are out.

Henman got knocked out today and it started being sunny. Coincidence? Psh, I spit at your coincidence! (hygienically)

Nevermind about the guy that got trapped in a drain and drowned despite frantic attempts to rescue him.

well now, thank you - you have gotten rid of my fear of being buried alive and replaced it with being buried alive in a drain then slowly getting drowned.

dang - i hate being claustrophobic... :evil:

Rainy days? Sounds like heaven to me...

Man QFT. I'd love a nice, rainy day. Had one actually last week while I was on vacation but it happened during the night.

Other than that its just been damn hot.