Scooter Libby's prison sentence commuted

chris1216

Just saw it on the news and it's absolutely stunning. President Bush basically handed Libby everything but a pardon. No jail, just 2 years of parole.

If you don't know who libby is, just look up the undercover CIA officer debacle with Valerie Plame.

In short-

1) Husband of undercover CIA officer gets mouthy about Bush administration

2) Bush administration leaks identity of CIA officer

3) Debacle ensues

4) Karl Rove dodges the bullet and Scooter Libby bites it for perjury

5) Scooter Libby gets sentenced to 2 years in jail

6) Appeals court says "yeah you're going to jail sorry"

7) Bush says "advance to go! collect only 2 years of parole!"

This is amazing on so many levels-

1) It's political suicide

2) It's so wildly unethical it's mind boggling

3) I don't think there's a check on prison commutes by a president

I can't even master a -.- anymore these days...

every president usualy will pardon tons of ppl at the end of their tenure. clinton let rapists and murders out and noone said snikes about that. so tough luck who cares...not like she was an important person anywhay.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

every president usualy will pardon tons of ppl at the end of their tenure. clinton let rapists and murders out and noone said snikes about that. so tough luck who cares...not like she was an important person anywhay.

:lol:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

i understand clinton giving pardons to rapists and murders at the end of his tenure, as it does hurt you politically, but he must have had his reasons for letting off the rapists and murders he did pardon - surely he didnt just pardon every single murderer or rapist for the heck of it. the thing that gets to me about bush letting off Libby though, is the high role he held. bush is basically saying that common law doesnt apply to high ranking government officials. what ever happened to all americans being equal before the law?

EDIT: I take that back about clinton - he let a few people off for personal/financial reasons. DISGUSTING

PDM

Oh yea, and...I am shocked to hear about the unfolding of these events.

...Is what you WON'T hear me saying.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Well, bush has already made himself dictator with the new presidential directive, why shouldn't he go around freeing traitors and criminals, as long as they're his daddys rich friends? :roll: :wall:

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Guess he feels like going out with a bang. He probably figures that he's screwed up so much already that he may as well make the rest of America hate him before he gets out of office. Wonder what else he'll do before 2008.

What I find funny is everyone is up in arms that Scooter Libby got his prison sentence commuted, but no one cares that we never even tried the guy who actually leaked her identity(they know who it is with 100% certainty). Also she was supposed to be an undercover agent, but from what I hear she really sucked at that anyway and there were lots of people close to finding out about her anyway.