Rap/Hip-hop.

Intriguing

um ghost ride the whip anyone? 8-) the bay is the best dont hate . the bay kills ny. ohhh comon <3: no! :twisted:

ny isnt even that great compared to the bay. people in east oakland go so dumb every night at the sydeshows. Yellow bus ridin? :XD: =P~

How can you say that NY is not that great? ALL the greatest MCs come from NY. Rakim, Mos Def, Biggie, Pharoahe Monch, Wu-Tang Clan, Jay-Z, DMX, KRS1, Nas and more. Don't even start with the bay being better.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um ghost ride the whip anyone? 8-) the bay is the best dont hate . the bay kills ny. ohhh comon <3: no! :twisted:

ny isnt even that great compared to the bay. people in east oakland go so dumb every night at the sydeshows. Yellow bus ridin? :XD: =P~

How can you say that NY is not that great? ALL the greatest MCs come from NY. Rakim, Mos Def, Biggie, Pharoahe Monch, Wu-Tang Clan, Jay-Z, DMX, KRS1, Nas,Papoose, and more. Don't even start with the bay being better.

Had to be mentioned

How can you say that NY is not that great? ALL the greatest MCs come from NY. Rakim, Mos Def, Biggie, Pharoahe Monch, Wu-Tang Clan, Jay-Z, DMX, KRS1, Nas and more. Don't even start with the bay being better.

ok how about e40,Mac dre, mistah f.a.b., the pack,too short,sean t,messy marv,yukmouth, san quinn, e-a ski,mac mall+WHo brought back vans?

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I'm a huge metalhead.

Yey for metal! :)

Anyway, I appreciate people's continued contributions to this thread. I haven't been able to check out any more the the artists recommeneded since the 2nd page really, but I should be able to do that a bit later today.

Cool.

ok how about e40,Mac dre, mistah f.a.b., the pack,too short,sean t,messy marv,yukmouth, san quinn, e-a ski,mac mall+WHo brought back vans?

Where are they? Oh yea I know, NOWHERE. Your making yourself look foolish.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Just to stir this up a bit but what artist/songs would you recommend to someone who's never really had an interest in rap before? I'm a huge metalhead.

I guess you could say I'm not really looking for some guys talking about how big of a pimp they are or how much they get from their girl. More of something that kind of just makes the (good) rap what it is.

To be honest I've never given the genre a shot so I'm curious.

I think this goes into your street...Cerberus. They've got this dark mytholgyish/fantasy lyrics (they aren't called Cerberus for nothing of course) like lyrics. Same goes for the beats. Men of the Maelstrom is really good.

They're from Holland by the way, lyrics in English.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

well its early and i feel like givin you a few good songs. there just some of my favorites so people dont hate on them for no reason. he asked for good artists and SONGS.

i dont know if your using a file sharing system, but most of these are on youtube.

david banner - cadilac on 22's (not about cars, about death)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlYK7ZbGL5w

ludacris ft. playaz circle - 2 miles an hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URnZ2mg4UOY

lil wayne ft. currency - dead presidents

lil wayne ft. juelz santana - black republicans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7SSrzP-ac

im very widespread with my genre in music and artists. so i dont fall into any kind of "type" i listen to it all, but these are just some that i would send to people who want to get into this type of music.

Common

Jedi Mind tricks

Sean price

Krs one

Kool G Rap

Lupe Fiasco

Mos def

Raekwon (especially only built for cuban linx album)

Wu Tang clan

Rza

Nas-Illmatic album especially

Roots manuva

Dizzee rascal

The streets

Kano

Early mobb deep stuff- The imfamous album etc..

Theres a decent list, i might add more if i remember <3:

Just to stir this up a bit but what artist/songs would you recommend to someone who's never really had an interest in rap before? I'm a huge metalhead.

I guess you could say I'm not really looking for some guys talking about how big of a pimp they are or how much they get from their girl. More of something that kind of just makes the (good) rap what it is.

To be honest I've never given the genre a shot so I'm curious.

A few albums you shoudl check out are:

Illmatic -Nas

Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 chambers -Wu-Tang Clan

The Marshall Mathers LP [Particularly the song Stan, a milestone IMO for the genre] -Eminem

And just single songs you should listen to get a good feel of the genre are:

Lost One -Jay-Z

Dear Summer -Jay-Z

I Tried -Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Forgot About Dre -Dr. Dre

Like Toy Soldiers -Eminem

The Game -Common

Takeover -Jay-Z

Ether -Nas

One Mic -Nas

I dunno, I was just zooming through my library while picking those songs, lol.

Intruiging, i dont know why u wont listen to akon, snoop dogg, ja rule. They are all good artists, Especially ja rule. Here are some songs i recommend

Bow wow - Outta My System ft T-Pain

Bow wow - Ima Flirt ft R kelly

Pitbull - Lengua afuera

Rick ross - Get away ft mario winans

P diddy - Last night ft keyshia cole (recommend the remix)

Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls

T-pain ft yung joc - Snappin

T-pain ft akon - Bartender

T-pain - Im sprung

Akon - Dont Matter (Pretty good song for akon)

T.I. - 24s

T.I. - Bring em out

Three 6 mafia - Poppin my collar

Twista ft Pharrell - Give it up

Lil flip - Game over remix ft Bun B, Young buck

Kelly rowland - Ghetto ft snoop dogg

Look for some rap groups as others have said: Three 6 mafia, Purple ribbon all-stars.

Hope this helps, even though u might not like the artists they are still good songs.

autogsigpe6.png

|Myssy <3 | Retired | 19/9/07

"My legs say no, but my body says f... you"
I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

Immortal Technique isn't mainstream, i like him but his songs are VERY strong and sometimes disgusting like 'Dance With The Devil'. He is very extreme though, so watch out haha.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I'd say some talented artists that wouldn't go amiss would be:

Lupe Fiasco

K-Os

Easy-E

Common

Talib Kweli

If people want to listen to hip hop without the gangsta rap, I'd suggest the 80s. (One of my most favourite genres!)

Slick Rick

Dana Dane

Kurtis Blow

Triple Threat

Whodini

Kool Moe Dee

A Tribe Called Quest

Too Short

LL Cool J

U.T.F.O

Grandmaster Flash

(Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff... hey, at least you can laugh..)

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I've been listinin' to Ghostface Killah a lot more than I use to. For those who don't know, Ghostface is a member of the Wu-Tang Clan (the single greatest rap group of all time :P ), and is considered to be one of the mot lyrically gifted rappers of all time, due to his amazing storytellign abilities. He's way good.

ANybody else like him?

Mac Dre. Basically anything by him is good.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

None.

Judas F*cking Priest is the way to go.

UP THE IRONS!!

(iron maiden)

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

gtfo ^^^^not sure if it's censored but cbb'd editing

Check Chamillionaire's new album coming out Ultimate Victory when it drops, it'll be a completely clean album(I'm assuming it's every artist, might only be him though) plus it focuses on alot of political issues and stuff. Currently I think the only songs you can find are the Evening News and Hip Hop Police, both are worth the listen and both have a video, honestly, Hip Hop Police for video of the year

Stating my opinions, I don't like rap... how does that make me ignorant? It's just people talking, seeing as they can't play guitar, drums, etc. to the point where they can make money off of it.

And the stuff they do. Akon raped a girl on stage. Half of them have been in jail most of their lives. How can anyone listen to someone like that? And when they are talking about drugs and killing people?

It's just beyond me... Screamo/Metal people may have issues, but they don't go crazy about them and start wearing baggy clothes six sizes to big, with a few thousand rings and chains on, while talking to a rhythm about how they are going to go get high and kill someone.

Not that I'm biased, some groups/ people I can bear to listen to (Kid Rock, etc.), but most of it I hate.

Again, all IMO. Not trying to change your views, just stating mine.

And I admit my original post was blunt, should of explained better.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]