Medieval-like Games + Medieval Fantasy

Blue_Fire_Blaze

Since a few people were confused about the title and the infomation with-in I will explain. The gmaes don't have to be like how the medeval times were. They can have magic and other things that wouldn't be possible in the time that the Middle Age took place. For example: Ages of the Empires has things that has took place and people that were in the middle age. And Morrowind doesn't take place in the Middle Age but they are using swords, axes, and magic. Which means it also includes Medieval Fantasy

Game List:

Dungeon Siege Series

Morrowind

Oblivion

Age of the Empires I,II,Conquers,III

Rome: Total War, Barbarian Invasion

Medieval 2: Total War

Assassin's Creed

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth series

gauntlet legends

Balder Gate's series

Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2

Ultima Online

Shogun: Total War

The Stronghold Series

RuneScape {Finally someone said it}

The Witcher

Kingdom under Fire

A list of 16 different games/series

My favorite game of course is the Dungeon Siege Series.

I also am always on a lookout for good Medieval-like games so if you recremend one i will check it out.

Also keep things clean and have fun

If you view this please post

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

wtf is your problem? you posted 2 of the same topics and replied in both of them when no one said anything about either of them!

i have something to say.....

=;

get er dun -.-

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

Hey i am sorry. I did not mean to make wtwo thread. Anyways try to be nice about it....

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

I like AoE. I would play it right now but I lost my CDs for the game :wall:

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

Wait, you asked for medieval-based games and then said the game doesn't have to be medieval-based?

Then you list a string of fantasy games - not medieval! - topped with the worst example of a plotless dungeon crawl, being the Dungeon Siege series.

Then you provide the examples of Morrowind and Oblivion, which, while excellent games, are not medieval-based, but rather fantasy-based.

And then you give the example of the Age of Empires games, of which only AoE 2 and its expansion are based on the medieval era.

What gives?

Oh well, if you want some actual medieval-based games, then you shouldn't go any further than Medieval 2: Total War, and the upcoming Assassin's Creed, and although the latter takes some liberties, it's still largely in a medieval setting.

Next time you make a thread, please take the time to actually think about what you want rather than contradicting yourself in the first two lines.

Baldur's Gate series...there are several different versions. The only I've played was BG: Dark Alliance for GBA (and it was quite good!).

Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 - I played 1 some, but not a lot...very D&D influenced

I like AoE. I would play it right now but I lost my CDs for the game :wall:

Downloads is your friend. Contact me on TIF, & i can tell you some sites.. :uhh:

Fishing: Monks in piscatoris.

Runecrafting: Abyss runecrafting..

Contact Me On TIF ~ Private is set to | Friends ~

archer_pzyco.png

Baldur's Gate series...there are several different versions. The only I've played was BG: Dark Alliance for GBA (and it was quite good!).

Both the baulders gate series and Neverwinter nights are fantasy, not medieval.

Also the crappy Dark alliance hack-n-slash spinoffs from the series are horrible. Completely ruined the games name. Baulders gate I + II on the PC are some of the finest RPG's I have ever played.

Also a pro tip to you guys: Just because it has swords and spells and the whatnot does not mean it is a medieval setting!

For my contribution I'll put in Ultima Online, definitily a very medieval setting. Yes it was more of medieval fantasy but the game was build in a fantasy world that replicated what you'd expect from a medieval world.

Also the crappy Dark alliance hack-n-slash spinoffs from the series are horrible. Completely ruined the games name. Baulders gate I + II on the PC are some of the finest RPG's I have ever played.

Also a pro tip to you guys: Just because it has swords and spells and the whatnot does not mean it is a medieval setting!

For my contribution I'll put in Ultima Online, definitily a very medieval setting. Yes it was more of medieval fantasy but the game was build in a fantasy world that replicated what you'd expect from a medieval world.

well, more medieval that Rome Total War...LOL Or Morrowind for that matter (which always seemed kinda alien to me) or Lord of the Rings. It's been a while since I played Neverwinter Nights, but I remember it as being very medieval/fantasy based. I believe the whole 1st chapter is in a castle-walled city. (imo, most fantasy stories/games have a strong medieval influence)

well, more medieval that Rome Total War...LOL Or Morrowind for that matter (which always seemed kinda alien to me) or Lord of the Rings. It's been a while since I played Neverwinter Nights, but I remember it as being very medieval/fantasy based. I believe the whole 1st chapter is in a castle-walled city. (imo, most fantasy stories/games have a strong medieval influence)

Never said Rome total war/Morrowind were medieval :).

The baulders gate series definitely isn't however I think I do remember NwN having some medieval influences. Haven't played the game in a while though.

Never said Rome total war/Morrowind were medieval :).

The baulders gate series definitely isn't however I think I do remember NwN having some medieval influences. Haven't played the game in a while though.

hehe...I know you didn't, I just meant the OP's list. :)

I never played BG on PC, just the GBA one and I gather it was quite different than the rest of the series.

I'd say only Barbarian Invasion could be considered medieval, even though it ends exactly at the start of medieval times (the fall of Rome). Shogun: Total War is set in medieval times though...

Thank you all for posting your games and discussing the games. The list is now updated with your games that you have entered.

I, myself, have played the Balder gates "Dark Alliance" and got my dwarf fully upgraded and beat the extreme with him which wasn't easy. But now i find it somewhat boring. I haven't tried the second one though...

I have seen the games Rome total war and might buy it but i don't know what it is about and also have no money for it :(

I haven't heard of the Neverwinter Nights

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

Rome: Total War is, like the name suggests, part of the Total War series. It was the first Total War game released under a new engine which allowed for much larger battles. The main game campaign plays until the rise of Julius Caesar, the Barbarian Invasion expansion campaign plays until the fall of Rome and the Alexander expansion campaign plays during the life of Alexander the Great. None of these are medieval.

I guess you could just list all fantasy themed games, pretty much anything with a sword in it.

I have stronghold crusade but i am horrible at it. It has a good game engine but it can be really hard.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif