cheating death.

RSBDavid

If you have seen any of the 3 final destonation movies you know what im talking about.

my story:

ive cheated death recently. i was supposed to go on a 3 day camping trip to the rockie mountains with 2 friends and my cousin. we were all packed and ready to go to the airport to fly from indianapolis to denver to meet my cousin.we get to denver and i get sick .. really sick where i had to stay in the hospital overnight. i told my friends and my cousin to go to the site which was a half an hour away and i would catch up later after a day.

the next day i get a call saying they were in a car accident and were hit by a drunk in a 18-wheeler and died on the scene. My mom said i was really lucky to get sick. i went home and just havent been the same.

got any tales like mine where you cheated death?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

an actual cheating death story:

A few years ago, my family was looking at a house we were planning on buying. Just before we got into the car, the owner of the house asked if we would like to come back the next day for pizza. We were only delayed about 10 seconds, but it was enough. On the road back to our hotel, a man (sober, by the way) barreled out of a dort road and crashed into the car about 2 or 3 cars in front of us. They were taken to the hospital and at least 1 person died. Had the house's owner not delayed us about pizza, that would have been my car hit.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

uhhh thats not cheating death. thats a sign you weren't meant to die yet. your just lucky your sickness prevented you from going

Exactly.

2480+ total

I'm concerned that the way you've written your story that it's not the complete truth. People you know have died and you're re telling it like a fishing story.

But to answer your question, yes too many times. I should have been dead 20 times over by now but I'm still standing here.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I'm sure if that story was real you wouldn't be telling it to us in such an easy manner, then again, body languagge shows like 75% of emotion...I think :?

If it's true, sorry to hear about that...

Never been in one myself...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I haven't really cheated death, as you put it. However, my fiance' has once. She was over at my house about five months ago, and we had just finnished watching a movie but she was nervious about going home. The roads were very icy and slick. She said that she just got the feeling that if she left right then that she would be going home for good (as in going to heaven). So she called her parents and told them that she wasn't going to leave for a while yet. About ten minutes later the sensation subsided but she was a bit nervious about driving because she was tired. So we decided that the best course of action was that I would call her cell phone (she has a hands free head set) and keep her company. About five minutes after she left I heard her say, "Oh my God, (insert my name here), there's been a horrible accident. It looks like a car has been sandwiched between a semi and a smaller truck." The police and ambulences were just arriving as she passed it, and response time for that part of town is about three minutes. It was in the news paper, and the person in the car was pronounced dead on the scene. In honesty it would have been far, far worse for me then anything else that could possibly happen, losing her. I would be... devistated.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

I'm concerned that the way you've written your story that it's not the complete truth. People you know have died and you're re telling it like a fishing story.

But to answer your question, yes too many times. I should have been dead 20 times over by now but I'm still standing here.

^ That.

I think you're lying.

^ That.

I think you're lying.

that. and your not exactly cheating death if you accidentaly got sick

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

^ That.

I think you're lying.

that. and your not exactly cheating death if you accidentaly got sick

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

People really do need to knock it off, most of you didn't cheat anything. It was just a coincidence. You can't say what would have happened to you because it didn't happen.

As for myself, I haven't "cheated death". Nor have I had any near death experiences or anything.

And to the OP, sorry for your loss.

when I was around 3 or 4 I stopped breathing and I died for a few seconds then the doctors brought me to life.true story

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I've had a few scary incidents (generally after they happen looking back on them) when I've missed a car by milliseconds when crossing a road. I would of been splatted if I slipped for a brief second. :|

when I was around 3 or 4 I stopped breathing and I died for a few seconds then the doctors brought me to life.true story

What did it feel like to be dead?

I know that's a stupid question, but I've never been dead myself, and I'm curious.

tifsbti6oi.gif

I've had a few scary incidents (generally after they happen looking back on them) when I've missed a car by milliseconds when crossing a road. I would of been splatted if I slipped for a brief second. :|

or U would of just had some broken bones....U don't always die if u get hit by a car, unless its a truck speeding..

Sort of: though this is probably the stupidest cheating death story ever.

Once, when I was about five years old, I decided it would be a fantastic idea to jam my spoon into an electrical socket! After I did that, I blacked out. I woke up about two days later in a hospital room, and was told I easily should have died from that voltage/amperage of that A/C current. When I got back home, I saw the spoon I had shoved in there, and it was melted, skewed, blackened and broken. Quite the shock for me, it was.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

Apparently I fell off a hill on my walker when I was 9 months. If the walker hadn't caught onto a tree there was a probability I hurt my neck very bad...

Then again that coud've been made up by Mum :-k

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

First off, im so sorry to hear about your friends. It must be tragic losing someone in that way.

May they R.I.P :cry:

I havn't cheated death as far as I can remember, but try not to worry about it too much, and keep strong mate.

Hmm... this morning, i was about to walk outside, to see how heavy the rain was, and my mom asked me something and i answered, and a few seconds later, as i was starting to go out, lightning struck like right outside my house.

Bad story, but whatever.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain