How do you want to affect the world?

Zealot

It should be obvious to everybody that one day you are going to die. After all, currently the mortality rate is sitting right at 100%... same place it's been for thousands of millenia. Anyway I am wondering, how do you want to be remembered when you are no longer here? How do you want to make the world a better place? And of equil importance, what steps are you taking to accomplish that?

I hope to be remembered for having a passion for the Truth, and an even greater love for as many people as I can possibly touch. I have always believed that the truth need not fear investigation. Only lies and desception need fear it. And so, at the moment, I urge people, don't be content to only know your side of the argument well. Know as much as you possibly can about any controversy that matters to you--all sides of it. Mostly I do this in the arenas of this particular forum (though I fell out for a while because I got too busy with everything else), my church, and my circle of real world friends. It isn't exactly possible for me to genuinely love the people of a forum however. I can encourage and empathise... Pray and hope... Be honest and compassionate... But there is very little actually that I can do beyond that. So instead I have a vocation in which I am able to do so. I am a cook at an assisted living facility, and as time allows I am involved in hospitality sorts of programs through my church. More importantly, at least to me, I am engagued to be married next June, and hope to be a good husband, and about 12 years down the road (after my future wife and I both hold PHD's and teaching possitions at a university) I hope to be a good father and professor.

I hope to live well below my means, giving about 1/3 of my income directly to charity throughout my life and saving 1/3 for the future. I don't ever want to pay a penny to a bank if I can help it. When I die, and when my wife dies, most of that money will be placed in a trust fund to support programs intended to improve the quality of life for some of the poorest people on earth. I don't really care if I am known for this. Mostly I just want to make the world better. If people see, ok. If not, well that's ok too. My audience is my King and God.

What actually is going to happen, I do not know. This is what I hope will happen, and God willing, this is what will happen... or even greater things.

So... How do you want to change the world?

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

Seeing as I'm not sure what I want to do yet, right now I have to main roads to take:

-Create some sweet music that alot of people like.

-Create some sweet videogames that alot of people like.

Two very different paths, but each appeal to me...so, I'm not exactly sure how I'll impact the world yet. But it'll be big, and not just contained to the people I know. Although, I do want to have kids and a family, and hopefully impact their world :) .

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I would want to become a politicain and help unite already at oeace countries which would eliminate a fight or chances of a fight over borders, in some chances help their economies and help better countries thata re truly in need, I had written a plan but scrapped a large majority because it was an in general view but when planning you must take into mind as global position changes so does majority opinions alot of the time.

I'm only 14 and 1 day old, I have plenty of time until I can start, but then the clock races, I don't care if I have to work till I'm dead, if I better one country, I can die in peace, but that doesn't mean I'll stop their if I'm still leaving.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I will invent the device that will permit you to punch people over the internet. I swear it.

i also want nobody to remmeber me as that guy who plays the computer all day

Changing your avatar would help :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

How many of you saying they want to do or be something are honestly going to strive to become that thing? Very little. Why do you even say you want to become something if you are not truly determined to become it?

You want to be politians, doctors, bring world peace, cure aids, invent marvelous things, etc. People do those things continuously; saying they want something without truly wanting it. Heck, I see precimens of them every week at America's got Talent. You'd like to be the one who cure the aids, but do you have the convictions, the patience, are you ready to do the hard work needed for it or are just you saying that over your head?

Most people are going to end up married, with two kids, having a job they don't really like because "it just happened". Why? Because they did nothing else than dream, and want, something they never did the efforts to gain. Life is a river, it's going to push you wherever unless you row to get where you want to go. If you don't row, you'll end up somewhere you don't want to be.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Stop wishing, dreaming or wanting, go out there and get it.

2480+ total

I understand but I want and NEED to accomplish my goal because politics is the only calling that will bring me happiness and I am ready to run to the end of my road.

If you knew me, you'd know that I am a leader in life and I row agaisnt the current and am stubborn in pursual of my true goals and beliefs.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I will invent the device that will permit you to punch people over the internet. I swear it.
:lol: You've been working on that for atleast a year? Or I've seen you talk about it. Goodluck Reb, haha.

I want to help kids out, become a coach of football.

I wouldn't really mind if the world didn't remember me. Just a good memory to my loved ones and that's it. But if I had to choose, I would like to be known as a good director.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'd like to alert us all to the true nature of reality in that we are all part of the collective unconcious and we are all perfect, beautiful and intelligent beyond our own imagination. All our suffering and hate is brought about through misinterpretations of this true nature of oneness and though fevered egos that taint our self awarness. All people are worth an eternity in the eyes of a divine god who is us and we are his heart and life is a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

But seriously, I'd like to do something in the field of biochemistry. Currently studying in first year university.

I don't want to be remembered. I don't want to touch peoples lives. I don't want to be mourned. I don't want to change the world. No matter how much you give people will just want more. Noones content with anything. You can't change human nature. Why try and do something nice, change life, cure a disease, they're will be more and everyone will just forget about you. Best to just not care.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I don't want to be remembered. I don't want to touch peoples lives. I don't want to be mourned. I don't want to change the world. No matter how much you give people will just want more. Noones content with anything. You can't change human nature. Why try and do something nice, change life, cure a disease, they're will be more and everyone will just forget about you. Best to just not care.

You a teenager? 15ish?

But seriously, I'd like to do something in the field of biochemistry. Currently studying in first year university.

I actually plan to do something in the field of nanotechnology. I just have no idea what :-w .

I'm not going to kid my self and say I want to cure aids or some crap like that. If I can provide people with some top notch entertainment from the video games industry that will be enough for me.

Well, I try to do my part of helping society in my job, but I'm not so naive as to believe I will be remembered for it for all eternity.

I hope that when I die, there will be a few people who will be able to say that they loved me, and I them in return. It sounds mellow, I know, but it's important to me, as I'm often believed to be difficult, harsh and a bit too rational.

I want to either....

Create a cure for some at the moment uncurable disease (Cancer, AIDS, HIV etc)

Or, be the next brilliant Architect, who creates some great famous buildings :D

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

You a teenager? 15ish?

I actually plan to do something in the field of nanotechnology. I just have no idea what :-w .

I'm 13, typical attitude eh? if we our discussing what we hope to do in the future ( thats what people have been posting anyways -.- ) The I want to do something with history or science, something with computers would be nice though. nano technology is a interesting subject reb, it's cool that you want to work in that feild.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I just want to be remembered. I don't need a huge lasting legacy. I don't need everyone in the world to know my name. I don't care at all, but I don't want to be forgotten. I'd like to make a positive impact, but when it all comes down to it, I just don't want to be another soul passed over forever lost to everyone. My biggest fear in life is that no one will know/care about me in death. Is that pathetic or what?

I want to be remember as the man who made Communism work, and united the world, even if only for a few years, under a Communist regime.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I thought something like that would come from you, considering your name.

I've never wanted to be famous.

But if I were to be remembered for something, or if I were to change the world, it'd probably be in the field of mathematics. Or computers.

But once again, if I'm not remembered and don't change the world, I don't care. As long as I enjoyed my life (Which I am), I'm fine.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I'm 13, typical attitude eh? if we our discussing what we hope to do in the future ( thats what people have been posting anyways -.- ) The I want to do something with history or science, something with computers would be nice though. nano technology is a interesting subject reb, it's cool that you want to work in that feild.

Ah, knew it was something in the early teens. I had that exact same attitude around that age, so that's why I made that guess :-w .

I'm almost forcing myself to reconsider Engineering school though. I've spent the last three years in a barren land called "All-boys high school", and Engineering schools don't really have the kind of variety or quantity of women that I need to compensate for these four years of Hell :wall: .