You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

or tailoring :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If when you joined, slayer, construction, farming, summoning, and hunting didn't exist.

If you remember when dragon plate skirts were 3m, dragon medium helms were 1.5m, and dragon scimitars were the best weapon in the game.

my case ::'

...when you came on tutorial island for the first time,there were no graphical update of the rats

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

If when you joined, slayer, construction, farming, summoning, and hunting didn't exist.

If you remember when dragon plate skirts were 3m, dragon medium helms were 1.5m, and dragon scimitars were the best weapon in the game.

old school is when not even rune weapons existed, and the best weapons were addy stuff, possibly mith/black

and you never required an attack level to weild a weapon

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

when u remember when a rune hatchet was a rare item. and u have 15 in ur bank.

and selling Santa hats to the general store because u had to many.

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

You know your old school when you sold your red party hat for 80k willingly ::'

I actually did that

Green party hat, 3k.

IMO, playing before the wilderness was released is relatively old school.

White party hat, 2k.

:D I missed the drop but bought one the following day.

I remember when we could pk ppl almost anywhere.

If you didn't want to get attacked you had to go where the land was higher or something.

You had to keep your item in your bank and ppl would try to make you take your money out of the bank by ''selling you something''. As soon as you get the money out they would try to kill you.

and runescape having 3 servers.. I don't remember being here when they had 1 server though..

When you know that the real[/b] old-schoolers are probably not even playing anymore, or even on these forums - those who don't try to go around claiming they are old-school when it's common knowledge to know some of these old things (which aren't even very old to begin with)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

you can remember picking up 20+ crackers on an old school pure and finding out that you could buy a full rune set for the price of all of them. (i got burned on my pure doing this back in the day

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

You know you're old school if you still play rsc, and remember a time when santa hats were dropped as a christmas event. Also when your "Old School" account has a couple sets of party hats on it you decided not to drop those when you quit because they "weren't worth that much" maybe 5k at the time. >.< I would forget all my accounts and just use that account with the 2 phat sets, ffs >.

Halo3Example.jpg

I_tuna69_I.png

"While traveling you find someone in need, help them on their journey, you will be a better man for it, and that much closer to your destination."

-Chinese Proverb

This topic is very revealing. Seeing people classify themselves as "old-school" when they mention something only a few years back (Post-RS2). Just seems the definition of "old-school" is changing all the time.

Anyway - When you remember Carpentry.

myskills.jpg

It's all relative, just like on the 'Fax.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

What makes you realise that you are actually considered "old-school" in RuneScape? I've only played for a 23 months, on and off but i was around in the xp battle between Zezima and Lilyuffie88 and the release of Receipe for Disaster, when I could have bought a full phat set for around 200mil.

I know I'm old school but cause I don't have the slightest what your talking about.

- Wanderer Forever

- Retired Tip.it Crew and Board Admin

I started playing in january 2002, i think rune was out then but i'm not 100% sure i didnt read updates and was busy savin for my bronze full helm

my rl friend "borrowed" my iron battleaxe that i found on the floor in the dwarven mines.. i never got it back :( my best wep too

I dont concider myself oldschool and thats January 2002, id say if you played before party hats, and wilderness.. which i didnt either so yeah..

if you play in rs2 thats definately old school.. if you played in classic play before rares rune wilderness and yep

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

wow all these things that people say are old school i laugh at seriously lightning is old school rab is old school bluerose13x is old school

We are teh young wippersnappers

I believe it's "Rab". ;)

But seriously, most of the things posted in here are from RS2.... Only RSC can really be considered old school.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I believe it's "Rab". ;)

But seriously, most of the things posted in here are from RS2.... Only RSC can really be considered old school.

oops, i miss classic wish i could play still i remember asking them if we wanted pancake day or easter event i really wish we still had old inv pics way better than rs2 r2h in classic looked so powerful and sharks looked tasty lol coming into rs2 first week i tryed to eat raw lobs and tryed to cook cooked :\ lobsters looked ftw in classic also :(

I believe it's "Rab". ;)

oops, i miss classic wish i could play still i remember asking them if we wanted pancake day or easter event i really wish we still had old inv pics way better than rs2 r2h in classic looked so powerful and sharks looked tasty lol coming into rs2 first week i tryed to eat raw lobs and tryed to cook cooked :\ lobsters looked ftw in classic also :(

Actually it was between Halloween item + possible few day delay to RS2 release and "guaranteed" 1st December release and a pancake day drop. We won because we got a Scythe and 1st December release =D>

I believe it's "Rab". ;)

Actually it was between Halloween item + possible few day delay to RS2 release and "guaranteed" 1st December release and a pancake day drop. We won because we got a Scythe and 1st December release =D>

Im sure it was pancake day or easter hmm