You Know You're Old-School When...

bbalking

What makes you realise that you are actually considered "old-school" in RuneScape? I've only played for a 23 months, on and off but i was around in the xp battle between Zezima and Lilyuffie88 and the release of Receipe for Disaster, when I could have bought a full phat set for around 200mil.

This isn't old on these forums, but it does seem ages ago that I experienced these things in my RuneScape life.

Anyways I was just wondering what makes you realise you're old school? For me it's still seeing a Party Hat and thinking it's better than a 99 runecrafting cape. :| (hmmm naive)

Ah well. What made you realise you're old school?

EDIT: lol as if this thread is still going, I've played since Aug '05

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it is the wrong forum... I'd say running away from anyone and everyone because you thought they were pkers and so were you :P (RSc reference, where you chose whether or not to be a pker) I'll think of more... that one wasn't good

Two others:

-Buying a pink p hat for the price of a blue (great dupe anyone?)

-Having a female character with a beard (AR anyone?

PS I Haven't done these

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

When your version of a random event is a lvl 15 walking by saying @ran@ lol

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

The fact that I've been playing since 2001 :P

+1

also, the fact that when I was around, you'd rather have a normal item than a rare <3: which is why i have no rares today and glad about it <3:

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

When your version of a random event is a lvl 15 walking by saying @ran@ lol

Wasn't the 'random event' of the old days 'Null' :P?

Anyways, i reckon you're oldschool if you started in 2002 in before.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

if you still got an afro and listen to 70's disco, and say stuff like "rad", "far out" and "ultra-violet maaan!" 8-)

Those times where groovy man. We never let the man get us down. \/,,

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

if you still got an afro and listen to 70's disco, and say stuff like "rad", "far out" and "ultra-violet maaan!" 8-)

Those times where groovy man. We never let the man get us down. \/,,

i still have nightmares about charlie, especially on stormy nights with lots of thunder, i cry all over my BALL sweater :ohnoes:

Watching the Will Ferrell film.

Runescape-wise, being player killed by Andrew or having a Jagex mod as a friend can be fairly considered old school. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Runescape-wise, being player killed by Andrew or having a Jagex mod as a friend can be fairly considered old school. :P

So pkin'g with andrew TOMMOROW would make me old school? :-k

I remember mining and selling silver in the crafting guild trying to save up for a green halloween mask. Seemed like it took me forever to save up 300,000 gp... I still have that mask by the way.

What makes you old school? Probably when you don't have to list it to prove it to someone, and people just know. Instead of you remembering old school related things, when people remember old school things, they remember you.

So pkin'g with andrew TOMMOROW would make me old school? :-k

Not pking with, being pked. He used to have time to play with us before he got too busy to keep the game as it is now. :-k
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"