Phobias?

RayOxide

I suffer from what I'd call Post-Necropobia, not as in fear of corpses but an intense fear of not knowing what happens after your death. My not so religious backgrounds don't give me enough faith to blindly believe in an after-life, and something like that not existing is what scares me the most.

Man, I hate that, it's so freaky. I think I have it too :ohnoes: Do we just rot? Do we go to heaven / hell? Do we automatically become an animal / baby / whatever?

Really? I kind of think of not-existing after death as a form of nirvana, of final and eternal peace :) . What's scary about something that doesn't involve any emotional or physical pain whatsoever? Everyone's time comes eventually. Just live life to the fullest, find your meaning, and there's no reason to fear something like non-existence.

You simply are luckier than me. My brain simply can't figure out how it'd be to not to exist, because I'd have to be conscious (and therefore, exist) to get any kind of feelings. The nearest thing I can get is like a coma state, where one is unconscious. However, I have the idea that when that happens, time simply gets "cut", and for you, you wake up almost immediately after you lose your consciousness. However, I can't imagine such an analogy. I die, losing consciousness, the next think I'd know is waking up, but being dead that simply can't happen. So what happens then? There must be something after it, if you ignore after-life believes.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffer from what I'd call Post-Necropobia, not as in fear of corpses but an intense fear of not knowing what happens after your death. My not so religious backgrounds don't give me enough faith to blindly believe in an after-life, and something like that not existing is what scares me the most.

Man, I hate that, it's so freaky. I think I have it too :ohnoes: Do we just rot? Do we go to heaven / hell? Do we automatically become an animal / baby / whatever?

Really? I kind of think of not-existing after death as a form of nirvana, of final and eternal peace :) . What's scary about something that doesn't involve any emotional or physical pain whatsoever? Everyone's time comes eventually. Just live life to the fullest, find your meaning, and there's no reason to fear something like non-existence.

You simply are luckier than me. My brain simply can't figure out how it'd be to not to exist, because I'd have to be conscious (and therefore, exist) to get any kind of feelings. The nearest thing I can get is like a coma state, where one is unconscious. However, I have the idea that when that happens, time simply gets "cut", and for you, you wake up almost immediately after you lose your consciousness. However, I can't imagine such an analogy. I die, losing consciousness, the next think I'd know is waking up, but being dead that simply can't happen. So what happens then? There must be something after it, if you ignore after-life believes.

Close your eyes and ears. Im guessing it will be like that, but you arent concious of anything, you cant think. It is very hard to grasp.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

i don't kno the names of my phobias so i'll list em

1.i fear death...it is somthing i want to b quik not slow :?

2.i fear the unknown

3.i also fear constriction this one is extremly strong, like being tucked into bed, i will freak and not sleep with sheets for the night, not sure why i have this fear...

robo.jpeg

Sig by thru,yaff, ty both :)

I'd recommend to read about near death experiences. That might take some of your fear.

I'm scared of spiders, bodies of water, where i can't see the bottom and sex.

wow! this thread is alive afterall! Anyways, anatideaphobia update: I just learned some species of ducks live in trees...they;ve got me covered everywhere :uhh:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

That had me for awhile too. After many 8 hour car rides with nothing to do but think I came too terms with it and now have no fear of death, even though I believe that my death will be the end of my existance. With those fears conquered it seems kind of silly that I'm still scared of loud, barking (and usually big) dogs. Also, immortality would be scary as I want to die eventually, but I don't think that's something I really have to worry about.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

girls! =) jk

heights and needles and crocroaches EW

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

girls! =) jk

heights and needles and crocroaches EW

whats a crocroach? some crocodile- cockroach hybrid? scary :lol:

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Theres quite a few slightly wierd ones.

I think that there is a phobia of beards :?

of course there is. there's a phobia for everything.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Theres quite a few slightly wierd ones.

I think that there is a phobia of beards :?

of course there is. there's a phobia for everything.

Pogonophobia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:45 pm Post subject:

meol wrote:

Rebdragon wrote:

RayOxide wrote:

meol wrote:

Man, I hate that, it's so freaky. I think I have it too Scared Do we just rot? Do we go to heaven / hell? Do we automatically become an animal / baby / whatever?

Really? I kind of think of not-existing after death as a form of nirvana, of final and eternal peace Smile . What's scary about something that doesn't involve any emotional or physical pain whatsoever? Everyone's time comes eventually. Just live life to the fullest, find your meaning, and there's no reason to fear something like non-existence.

That had me for awhile too. After many 8 hour car rides with nothing to do but think I came too terms with it and now have no fear of death, even though I believe that my death will be the end of my existance. With those fears conquered it seems kind of silly that I'm still scared of loud, barking (and usually big) dogs. Also, immortality would be scary as I want to die eventually, but I don't think that's something I really have to worry about.

dogs = Cynophobia

i don't kno the names of my phobias so i'll list em

1.i fear death...it is somthing i want to b quik not slow Confused

2.i fear the unknown

3.i also fear constriction this one is extremly strong, like being tucked into bed, i will freak and not sleep with sheets for the night, not sure why i have this fear...

1. necrophobia

3. Merinthophobia

Necrophilia isn't the right term to use. Everyone is afraid of that.

I don't know the scientific names of my fears are but I'll post what they are.

1.Fear itself

2.Fear of people touching me/getting too close to my face.

3.Fear of claustraphobia to some extent. Just like if I was stuck somewhere and my arms were somehow not able to be used.

4. Fear of commitment

5.Fear of change.

2.Aphenphosmphobia

3.claustrophobia

5.Metathesiophobia

necrophilia is wanting to have sex with a corpse... :ohnoes:

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!

wow! this thread is alive afterall!

What made you think it wouldn't? By the way, why do you use ; instead of ' ? (E.G. I wouldn;t

I dont need a siggy no moar.

wow! this thread is alive afterall!

What made you think it wouldn't? By the way, why do you use ; instead of ' ? (E.G. I wouldn;t

it had been in pages 2 or 3 for some time now. and about using ;.....it's just a typo i make a lot, i don't bother to go fix it. you notice i'm using the right one now, i'm more concious of where the ' is.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I don't really have a phobia.

But depending on the situation, my mood and mentality at that point in time.

Some of my initial reactions would have to be...

Friend:

'' Hey, let's go into that murky, deep water with creepy crawlies in the middle of the night while dead hobo corpses float around holding porcelin dolls due to riggermortis! ''

Me:

Eff it, let's do it.

Or.

Eff that, you go first.

And that's me being honest. ::'

Fear of Worms- Scoleciphobia. :oops:

:-X

And if you enter "Phobias" into Google, you'll get a list of all known Phobias, from "Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing", to Zeusophobia- Fear of God or gods".

Dragon drops:(18)

Barrow Drops: (21)

Obtained Attack Cape: ~6/14/07~

is there a phobia of collecting wood in the dark?

Cos if there is i'd have it.

Lol! Random.

"Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing"

I'ma ask the stinky girl in my class that tomorrow. God she stinks... Usually the men stink... :-k

I dont need a siggy no moar.