Daily Sketch Thread-It is BACK!- topic: angels @@@@@@@@@

tttia

I probably won't post the original pencil drawing. It's really quite similar to the finished version. The only differences really are in the depth of color and the enhanced highlights. I also softened the appearance of the fly's wings a little bit. I don't do a lot of digital art, so it's really a traditional piece that just looks a little bit bettter with a few small enhancements.

I am working on some more stuff, so I'll post something else soon, I hope. I don't have a lot of free time, so I can't always post a daily sketch.

I don't doubt your pencil version was as good as the one posted here, I just love to see the pencil strokes and how people can achieve their shading and texturing with such a delicate medium.

Tttia, very good guide. I think I remember seeing something like that the few times I came to the media board back in scapeboard, and I can see it will help a lot of people without having to go through so many lessons. Good jump start.

Nacho, I can make a bunch of origamis and maybe I'll take pics of them to post. Good point about it being art too. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion for getting better at drawing with a pencil (or any other kind of art, really) is to practice looking at whatever you are drawing more than at your paper. Get used to noticing the little details. The key to technical skill is observation. Creativity comes in when you can go beyond what you see and adapt it to your vision of art. The more you practice, the better you will get. I was an art major in college, but I'm a little rusty now, I'm afraid. I haven't had a lot of time since then to work on my art.

You would be surprised. But the idea is to do the lessons in order...not to skip to the last one. THe assignment is not to draw the shell ,but to draw AND shade the shell--after having done the rest.

You can skip some, but you just hurt yourself.

You would be surprised. But the idea is to do the lessons in order...not to skip to the last one. THe assignment is not to draw the shell ,but to draw AND shade the shell--after having done the rest.

You can skip some, but you just hurt yourself.

Yea, after re-reading i think i should follow the steps in order.

New topic: anthropomorphic work (animal-human fusions)

Nice idea, I have done something like it in the past (thumbnail):

paint60wo.th.jpg

Maneuvered a small wooden model of a lizard into a human-like posture, like he's "stuck and can't get out" of the picture. Made in black and white pencils, using the wooden model as reference. Oh also, in real life the model was obtuse on its sides, instead of the concave edges I distorded on purpose in this pic. Sorry about being lazy and only posting old stuff I have saved in PC, but I enjoy more seeing what other people make and post. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

:(

The thing is, to post any sketches a digital camera or scanner for preference is needed and not everyone has access to one. I've got to use a college one if I want to get anything posted....

Half term now so cant do anything for this week :?

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

I have a birdy I am working on too! Nice job there Keiphus.

The wifey is still working on something small....it is looking great too.

maybe I will just keep the thing going and lower my expectations....

by the way dyro, just paint it in a program then!

Flowers sounds possible with a mouse and mspaint :wink:

I'll see what I can get in a few mins :)

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

k, oh and that heart was not the wifey's project I mentioned, but nice none the less!

K witty, we will be expecting it :)

I hope to get this bird done soon, but it is a complex one. I am not sure how it will come out.

As for flowers, I just recently did that rose, but will try to do another too.

Here is the rose. About 45 minutes in Corel Photopaint.

rose4res1lz.jpgThanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

It was part of this flower related project:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=185721

If I get time after bball tonight I will do another.

here comes the daily embarassment from sliceman.

when you draw say a picture of a fish and u want to get the initial outline. Do u do liek one line or do u do strokes of lines to get the nest looking one and erase that probably mad eno sense, if not ill demostrate on paint.

That all depends on how good you are!

My wife looks at it, draws it, done, clean lines and all. Of course...she looks at it for a long time...

I don't work that way. .I just dive right in. I draw it..change that line, change this line, restate (redraw) that line, till I finally get it right.

Then half the time I have to scan it and fix it there because it still isn't right.

Of course, I can do three things at once she can't , so I guess we're even!

Whichever it takes to get it right in the end is fine. Most people wind up doinig smaller lines, etc. to get it right.

That all depends on how good you are!

My wife looks at it, draws it, done, clean lines and all. Of course...she looks at it for a long time...

I don't work that way. .I just dive right in. I draw it..change that line, change this line, restate (redraw) that line, till I finally get it right.

Then half the time I have to scan it and fix it there because it still isn't right.

Of course, I can do three things at once she can't , so I guess we're even!

Whichever it takes to get it right in the end is fine. Most people wind up doinig smaller lines, etc. to get it right.

Thanks man ur a big help, thanks again

This is for the topic of tiny things. I did it with Prismacolor pencils and then added the background with Corel Photo-Paint. I have almost entirely preserved the original pencil strokes in the main subject, however. Thanks to Tttia for teaching me how to use layers.

lunchtimeresized7tt.jpg