#1 Runescape need - An Auction House

joker202

Through playing runescape, I find it quite boring to constantly sit in a bank and type selling X for 30 mins. Additionally, I am tired of posting on the official forums for selling items, and then constantly deleting posts when the items are sold.

Runescape should put and end to all the trade scammers and boredom and they can do so with one easy update.

An auction house.

Players would be able to set a price on items that they want to sell, stick them in the auction house. Then go play the game for a specified time and then comback to get the money for the item.

This would make selling A LOT easier. Also, it would lower the spamming and I think would greatly reduce lag polution.

Now... let the teenie boppers begin the flamming....

I think a chat effect would be much easier to program.

billboard:red: Selling Rune plate 65k! /cow/

And it just stays up there until you say something else. There's no point in saying something over and over again when it can just stay up there.

Cowmasta13.png

This is a good start for a RuneScape suggestion. Do you think you can further elaborate on some of the Auction house's features and functions?

Since each RS World can have a maximum of 2000 players, it would be reasonable to restrict a player to posting only 1 item to sell. An Auction house also implies that players can make bids on an item that's being sold. Will this be the case or will the player only set up a fixed price for people to see?

I think the Auction house should also combine the trade screen and bank pin functions. When a player wants to buy your item, you're sent a screen to tell you someone wants to buy your item. Then both players are asked to enter their bank pins to open up the trade screen. You then both confirm the trade, just like a regular player-to-player trade. If you entered a fixed price or a minimum price, then you'll see on the trade screen that the buyer has met the requirements and you can go ahead an Accept.

Just some ideas to help prevent auto-buyers from abusing the Auction house.

EDIT: Ok, not one item but only make one Auction post. So, "Selling 1K pure essence for 90K gp" is considered one Auction post.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

I think a chat effect would be much easier to program.

billboard:red: Selling Rune plate 65k! /cow/

And it just stays up there until you say something else. There's no point in saying something over and over again when it can just stay up there.

Yeah,that is what i was thinking,like in some games,you just open stand,shop etc. and message appears over your head,then you wait till it gets bought.It's easy,really,

Wrong forum.

But this is a superb idea, I've played WoW my self and I know how much of a good system the auction house is.

I really really wish Jagex would release something like this, it would probably be one of their best ever updates.

Wow has an auction house because getting aorund there takes a lot longer. And there are A LOT more items. Rs doesn't need an auction house.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I would love to have action house because it would not waste my time trying to buy or sell things. Runescape official forums are simply terrible design and i hate their speed. You post something and in two minutes item is gone. Auction house would be perfect solution for that.

I agree with pin request to deal with auto buyers and other macros. Also it should allow to buy more than 10 items at the time, because i really don't wanna be bugged 9000 times is someone wants to take 90k air runes off me.

Another suggestion would be have tax on sales. This would be taken from seller for convenience not to stand in bank and waste time. Reasonable amount would be about 5-10% of trade amount. This would also take some money out of economy and stabilize inflation.

Great idea, now all we need is official forum post in Runescape forums.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Yes then we need realms then we need servers for pvp and rpg and then we need quests that have miniquest in them....why steal from World of Warcraft? :?

Why does WoW have auction houses? Those bastards are stealing from irl! :roll:

I'd love auction houses, or a marketing place like on Conquer. Just friggin' love it. =P~

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

If we're going to have an auction house;

1. Post this in the Suggestions forum on the RS forums (even though it's already posted)

2. Make sure it's like the Auction House in FFXI (seller lists a minimum price for the item, if it's met or succeded by the bid, it is sold).

Yes then we need realms then we need servers for pvp and rpg and then we need quests that have miniquest in them....why steal from World of Warcraft? :?

Why does WoW have auction houses? Those bastards are stealing from irl! :roll:

I said that because they created first in MMOs as far as I know. This discussion is about rs not about how you can compare wow with real life.

Why doesn't Jagex also add in:

Races-

Human

Dwarf

Gnome

Night Elf

Draenei

Undead

Blood Elf

Orcs

Trolls

Tauren

Classes-

Warrior

Paladin

Priest

Mage

Warlock

Hunter

Rogue

Druid

Shaman

and call it

World of Runecraft

throw in a few mounts and flying mounts

It'll be like WoW's brother!

Right now, we control the prices, not Jagex. If items were very easy to sell, like you are suggesting, everyone will start selling and the markets will become flooded. When this happens, everyone will start asking for a lower price just so that they can sell their stuff. And the limiting factor on the prices will be the High Alch value. So Jagex will be setting the prices. And everyone will be complaining for Jagex to change the High Alch value on every commonly sold item.

So in theory it sounds like a good idea, but I just don't see it working.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I agree with you somewhat.

Initially, there would be a slight dip in prices, but everything would eventually stabilize.

Right now, the runscape community is in the state of inflation.

They NEED this before it is too late.

There have been MUCH MUCH better suggestions for an auction house than this one.

Dont support

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt