d spear, more powerful then u think

numa

the d spear is almost junk now compared to other weapons. i decided to experiment with it. being as rare of a drop as it is, jagex must have made it atleast have some use. so i spent 2 days figuring out what that use was (im perm muted so i have alot of time on my hands).

the following have been attempted with a d spear p++, to see my stats look up numanuma1

killing armored dragons

FAILURE! it is useless killing these dragons, using this will earn u an instant death unless u are using anti d fire pots and protect from mage. failure to do so will resuly in a 2 hit kill (for u of coarse)

kalaphite queen (done in a group, 3 people other than myself used a d spear)

this only works on form 1, for form 2 we did the lazy thing, shot poisen arrows and ran and waited for our 4 veracers to kill the queen.

SUCCESS! it actually is usefull here, with 4 people using it (1 after another specs..) and 2 lunar mages here giving out spec energy it results in an easy kill, as the kalaphite queen rarely has a chance to attack, and if done correctly she can never attack. if group kalaphite killing noobs can actually be helpful.

pking

perfect... the spear is amazing for a quick escape, not only does it paralize them it also gives u a head start by pushing them back. perfect for pure meleers. aslong as u dont run out of energy ur safe. stay atleast 14 spaces ahead of ur enemy at all times, they might snare u! the spear is also good at lvl 1 wildy, keeps enemys from escaping through the gap by pushing them back a space and paralizing them. dds spec them once while ur fighting them, u wana poisen them so ur still damaging them while u push them back. combinding this method with snare is perfect, if they heal and ur out of special bar energy, just sara strike then re snare, sara, snare, sara, snare, sara, snare. they will loose all pray points and die so they cant use protect item.

the d spear is a very useful weapon when used properly, if they were more common as drops they could be a part of any pkers inventory. jagex should really update them, the hold should be for 10 seconds and not 5, it should also have a 100% chance of doing damage at the same time and if poisened they will always get poisened by the spec...

well, atleast the special never misses and requires no runes.

[/hide]thats the end, the d spear will always be a part of my inventory when pking

267127978_7ce99a3425_m.jpg

gota problem with my lazur?

It's also useful in Castle Wars. It freezes flag holder for a second, or even pushes the enemy holding their own flag into the base if it's hiding at the gate, which makes the flag get safed and easier to grab again.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

If it's so popular in c wars, then i might invest in one soon... I know that many people go for the d long and ddp++ wep option. (im talking about us lower lvls who cant wield whips yet :boohoo:)

Nice double post ^^^^^^ lol

I take it you've not been on many other forums. :P

i take it, you are new here, and xbox is a veteran member whom ive noticed to be at least credible.

you double posted, meaning posted consecutively with your own post. maybe next time, dont call some1 out like that?

killing armored dragons

FAILURE! it is useless killing these dragons, using this will earn u an instant death unless u are using anti d fire pots and protect from mage. failure to do so will resuly in a 2 hit kill (for u of coarse)

metal dragons cannot be protect from magic'd and result in lessened damage, just pot and fire shield

in some areas the d spear is the best weapon that you can have. take cw for instance. whip+d spear is pretty much the best combination you can have, just use the whip most of the time and spec a flag holder that's getting away with the spear. then whip again. other than that, the d spear isn't practical. i read the pking section, but my friend said that snare is more effective, since you have to wait for the attack with d spear.

off topic here: you guys are ending up going into a flame war. and ya rly, tip it forums are 3 years old, and the website itself is over 6. it's not that junior, but what does it matter if it was? it hasn't had time to be infested by the majority of scapers, whom have kiddish attitudes, this is a generally mature forum.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

in some areas the d spear is the best weapon that you can have. take cw for instance. whip+d spear is pretty much the best combination you can have, just use the whip most of the time and spec a flag holder that's getting away with the spear. then whip again. other than that, the d spear isn't practical. i read the pking section, but my friend said that snare is more effective, since you have to wait for the attack with d spear.

see, it could be useful, however i tend not to get that close to our flag holder for a few reasons, 1 he is usually dead by the time i can attack more then 3 times, 2 if he gets outside of our castle, he generally is too far to do the spec, sadly. 3, he usually gets frozen. 4, my DDS is a better weapon for damage.

since i believe they now have speed up the spears, it could be a bit more useful. if they improved on the spear, i might buy 1 but until the spec holds for 7+ secs guaranteed damage or something added like def reduction by 5%

In castle wars it can be useful..but pking i wouldn't say so. It helps evade attacks but instead of using a stun spec like the d spear you could hit anywhere up to 37/38 with a dds. Well maybe stun with d spear then spec with dagger would work :P

In castle wars it can be useful..but pking i wouldn't say so. It helps evade attacks but instead of using a stun spec like the d spear you could hit anywhere up to 37/38 with a dds. Well maybe stun with d spear then spec with dagger would work :P

but honestly, who can do that realistically? those specs are rare and need to be performed within minutes of drinking potions with prayer and the best str gear, seeing how a berserker ring is like 2m? or was.. thats a bit pricey to run around in, now im sure it happens but not EVERY person does that.

honestly the DDS in pking is a great weapon, but ive seen others do better, again its all about luck, i saw some guy pull off a 47 ko on another 120ish player. rare, but extremely effective. the dragon dagger specs like that are very rare, but we all have done that or nearly that.

The KQ thing isnt practical. Good luck trying to find emough people with d spears, then trying to find a mage that is on lunars to give up its special attack, then even after all of that, even if you DO get a chain... have fun splitting it between 8 people.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

The KQ thing isnt practical. Good luck trying to find emough people with d spears, then trying to find a mage that is on lunars to give up its special attack, then even after all of that, even if you DO get a chain... have fun splitting it between 8 people.

ive done it once, all the players are kids from my neighborhood, i have alot of runescape players in my neighborhood and we commonly do things together. i have more then 4 people with veracs in my neighborhood and almost everyone in my neighborhood has a d spear cuz we do castle wars often, and 3 of my friends are good with mage and have lunars which they love to use.

also, my brother plays and is lvl 103 (i started playing before him but i got kicked off the computor for 3 months for a bad report card and he gained the lead)

267127978_7ce99a3425_m.jpg

gota problem with my lazur?

D spear is used in a few ways.

1) can be used to push people back onto the underground rocks, if youre quick you can quickly crush them while thier stunned. (great for killing flag)

2) good for defence, when used with ancients, makes it very hard for solo scorers to get past you or baricades.

3) If you manage to baricade infront of the flag and d spear it, it willusually disorientate them, and usually stop them from getting past for a good 20-30 seconds so your team can catch up.

Also GREAT for fight pits. The second or two dizzyness the spear gives is great when teaming somebody, alot of the time they can be dead without even giving one hit back.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I love using the d spear, for no moment duels I could use the spec and have fun with my hally <3

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

but honestly, who can do that realistically? those specs are rare and need to be performed within minutes of drinking potions with prayer and the best str gear, seeing how a berserker ring is like 2m? or was.. thats a bit pricey to run around in, now im sure it happens but not EVERY person does that.

honestly the DDS in pking is a great weapon, but ive seen others do better, again its all about luck, i saw some guy pull off a 47 ko on another 120ish player. rare, but extremely effective. the dragon dagger specs like that are very rare, but we all have done that or nearly that.

Imo a dds has the best mellee spec and i said up to for a reason. I mean i would rather have four chances to hit more than twice as much as usual than shove someone backwards. Most of the time a dds is more accurate than a d mace too. I take it that is what the 47 k.o was?[/u][/b]

It's also useful in Castle Wars. It freezes flag holder for a second, or even pushes the enemy holding their own flag into the base if it's hiding at the gate, which makes the flag get safed and easier to grab again.

You forgot the most fun thing, knocking people into the rocks under the middle section, you know then use a pot on the rocks, boom they're dead.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....