Nerdy, nerdyer, WOW?

Outhit

Alot of people say WOW is the most nerdy game on the earth. Alot of people who play it is nerds, some aren't. It's even made special hospitals for WOW adiccted people.

What do you think about this game?

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think WOW, and ponder on whether or not you put much thought into creating this thread. :-k

By the way this goes to the Computer Games and Consoles sub-forum. :wink:

This theard does not have to make 2 much sence:P I just made it for fun.

Outhit.png

Alot of people say WOW is the most nerdy game on the earth. Alot of people who play it is nerds, some aren't. It's even made special hospitals for WOW adiccted people.

People that are getting problems with WoW or any other game are close-minded and weak. They would probably have gotten in to the hospital because of another reason. Seriously, getting that addicted to a game?

My experience after speaking with WoW players on several different forums is that many of them are of the "leet type". They are the group that uses internet slang most, and most of them seems like young people. And my experience after trying WoW didn't get better. The people weren't helpfull, people called me "noob" if I asked about questions etc.

So I think it's fair to say "Nerdy, nerdyer, WOW?."(I'm not speaking about all of the WoW players, though. Some of them are nice people, just to make that clear)

Behind the shadows; Behind the scenery of darkness, a giant [kitty]....

Well WOW has better graphics then RS, I tried it once, it was funny for one night, but then i got tired of all the GRINDING :wall:

Outhit.png

People that are getting problems with WoW or any other game are close-minded and weak. They would probably have gotten in to the hospital because of another reason. Seriously, getting that addicted to a game?

My experience after speaking with WoW players on several different forums is that many of them are of the "leet type". They are the group that uses internet slang most, and most of them seems like young people. And my experience after trying WoW didn't get better. The people weren't helpfull, people called me "noob" if I asked about questions etc.

So I think it's fair to say "Nerdy, nerdyer, WOW?."(I'm not speaking about all of the WoW players, though. Some of them are nice people, just to make that clear)

En contraire, the WoW people on this thread are actually not the leet type. The RuneScape players of this forum are the ones who do not know how to talk and fit the description of what you think a WoW player is.

I play WoW (not now. My hard drive crashed. Going for a 500g at Frys today). It's a summer game. It's the weakminded who get "addicted". For me, if I have other things to do I will do them. If I dont, I'll go to the next best thing: WoW.

IF you even try WoW, you will find most people are nice (sarcastic if you act stupid but nice). Even the WoW forums are pretty fun. People know what they're talking about and most of them seem like teenagers or adults. Hah, the mage forum is a riot though.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I'm going to agree with Darkmage. I played Wow for about a month or two and found out how nice the community is compared to Runescape! A lot of people I met were nice, helped me out when I asked for it.

I think WoW is a pretty fantastic game, other than the fact that so many kids are addicted to it. I'm not a 'nerd' and I like it, does that make me nerdy? Hopefully not. :uhh:

WOW is a cool game but GRINDING IS NOT FOR ME.

Outhit.png

The main problem in all the online games is that only about 15%-20% of people playing it is weeling to help a noob.

Outhit.png

WoW's community was amazing until it was infiltrated by children. Now it's pretty lame. Not as bad as RS's, but still, it's not getting any better.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

En contraire, the WoW people on this thread are actually not the leet type. The RuneScape players of this forum are the ones who do not know how to talk and fit the description of what you think a WoW player is.

I play WoW (not now. My hard drive crashed. Going for a 500g at Frys today). It's a summer game. It's the weakminded who get "addicted". For me, if I have other things to do I will do them. If I dont, I'll go to the next best thing: WoW.

IF you even try WoW, you will find most people are nice (sarcastic if you act stupid but nice). Even the WoW forums are pretty fun. People know what they're talking about and most of them seem like teenagers or adults. Hah, the mage forum is a riot though.

I was more refering to the younger players. When i speaked about the "leets".

I'm going to agree with Darkmage. I played Wow for about a month or two and found out how nice the community is compared to Runescape! A lot of people I met were nice, helped me out when I asked for it.

I think WoW is a pretty fantastic game, other than the fact that so many kids are addicted to it. I'm not a 'nerd' and I like it, does that make me nerdy? Hopefully not. uhhhh

But then again, the runescape community isn't exactly "nice" :lol:

I only met a few people that answered my questions, else i was overrun by comments like "noob" and "[developmentally delayed]", but as you said, the many kids are the problem.

its WoW btw, but its the most popular mmo ever

if it was a country it would be the 90th largest country in the world being bigger then Ireland and Israel and many others

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I was more refering to the younger players. When i speaked about the "leets".

I think WoW is a pretty fantastic game, other than the fact that so many kids are addicted to it. I'm not a 'nerd' and I like it, does that make me nerdy? Hopefully not. uhhhh

But then again, the runescape community isn't exactly "nice" :lol:

I only met a few people that answered my questions, else i was overrun by comments like "noob" and "[developmentally delayed]", but as you said, the many kids are the problem.

You said that people on WoW are more "leet". Now you're saying only the young people on WoW are "leet". IF that is your point, it sucks because it is obvious.

WOW is a cool game but GRINDING IS NOT FOR ME.

WoW is less grind. There are so many other things to do.

The main problem in all the online games is that only about 15%-20% of people playing it is weeling to help a noob.

No such thing as a perfect game.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I've never actually played it. I would, except for two things.

1. $20 a month + buying the game in the first place? Not worth it.

2. Way too addictive, or so I've been told.

Its $15 a month.

WoW is generally the 'least' nerdy game there is. There are a lot of people who only play WoW and nothing else. #-o

Its not the best MMO ever made but its the best one that is currently out now.

WoW is not the less nerdy game there is m8 lol, i don't say RS is less nerdy but lol it is a fact, there is alot of hospitals around the globe for WoW addicted.

Outhit.png

WoW is not the less nerdy game there is m8 lol, i don't say RS is less nerdy but lol it is a fact, there is alot of hospitals around the globe for WoW addicted.

Only reason I say this is because it has seeped into popular culture. Like I said there are a lot of players in the game who would never touch a different MMO, but they do bother to play WoW.

I don't know why you try and bring runescape into this, as its just a crappy little Java game. Really the only thing someone will think of when one mentions RS is "haha, you played that?" and/or "wow that game sucks".

None-the-less WoW is much more popular and accepted than other MMOs in the past. If you ask someone what WoW is, they'll probably know. Now ask them what Ultima Online is, or Lineage II or Anarchy Online. You'll get a much different set of replies.

I just made this topic for fun lol.....Btw nice 11,9k posts M8:P

Outhit.png

You said that people on WoW are more "leet". Now you're saying only the young people on WoW are "leet". IF that is your point, it sucks because it is obvious.

I said I was more refferering to the younger players, not ONLY. I still mean that some wow-"gamers" is more leet than the "gamers" that don't play WoW. For example I see "muuuuuch more 1337 sp3aking" in WoW forums than I see in for example this forum. I'm not reffering to all of the WoW players though, and I'm not judging people on what games they play, just to make that clear.

I said I was more refferering to the younger players, not ONLY. I still mean that some wow-"gamers" is more leet than the "gamers" that don't play WoW. For example I see "muuuuuch more 1337 sp3aking" in WoW forums than I see in for example this forum. I'm not reffering to all of the WoW players though, and I'm not judging people on what games they play, just to make that clear.

About the forums: half the time people are just joking around. They arent being serious by speaking in leet speak.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!