Autoers: Friend or Foe?

Emp75

Believe it or not, some people have integrity and don't want to get resources from cheaters just because it costs them a bit less.

~q

Thank you Qeltar.

I think this topic have no good discussion value, and the topic starter seriously needs to grow up and mature or start to think a little bit more before he acts/types.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

it really isnt a big deal for me i fish sharks and sell the raw ones for 900gp which is the same amount i used to sell like 2 years ago i like the autoers who sell willows to general stores cause now i can get 99 FM for like 1.8M i dont see any change with autoers

honduras.gif

Everyone is always saying "Get rid of the autoers" and things like that. But do we really want all the autoers gone? Many people use Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Lobsters, and Sharks to get their cooking and fletching up. With Skill Capes everyone wants to get a lvl 99 skill and cooking/fletching being the easiest people use many Yews, Mages, Lobs, and Sharks. They are in very high demand and luckily, we have a supply. But who actually gets all of these raw materials? Autoers probably get 90% of all the raw materials we use. Now if we take every single autoer out of the game the Supply of all these raw materials will be so low compared to the demand. Prices will skyrocket and it will be hard to get some fish/logs to train. The demand for these items will be very high while the supply is very low. Without autoers we do not have enough people that gather these raw materials to equal the amount of people wanting them. So do we really want Autoers gone? Im not saying I like autoers or support them, but we do kind of need them with all the new players wanting to get skills up and other people make skiller accounts. Even with prayer and crafting, most of the dragon bones and green dragon hides r coming from autoers.
do you even read what you type?

You know what? instead of stopping autoers, why doesn't jagex just give every player 2.1b of every item? then we can all get 2277 total and be happy :D :D

idiot.

an accurate description of what i was just thinking. definitely you should think before you type, they are breaking the rules, and therefore in the wrong, JAGex should do everything in their power to stop them. Ther are NOT good for the game. if jagex says, "ok, autoers are now allowed," no one would play anymore, when they could just auto train to 99 everything, and have as much raw materials that they want, play non stop...

Macros= bad. end of story

And btw, if you want to train skills with out paying the "skyrocket" proces of no autos, CUT/FISH THEM YOURSELF

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Autoers are a touchy subject.
not really touchy at all....

I certainly wouldnt enjoy it. You know all those people with party hats, rares, and other rares would drop by nearly 25% at the lowest if my prices would be correct.
autoers have no effect on phat prices at all, the only change you might see is deflation, which might have a tiny effect on rares.

Its obvious they cause some good, to the player who can only play a certain ammount of time a day, who wants his cooking goal. Suddenly he can afford 235 each vs the old higher price. He is still earning it, he is still paying. Its not free, just slightly cheaper.
like everybody has already said, it may be easier...but thats only a bad thing, because that goal is no longer as pride worthy.

I already know im going to get flamed. But people have to remember there is always good things in something.
theres zero good in autoers, well I'm still waiting to hear a valid point anyway :-k

Touchy isnt really the right word. More along the lines of you cant speak of them without people getting angry.

And autoers do have a major hold on rare prices. If everything increased in values, rares would go down because it costs more to train everything, and people would be less willing to spend money on rares, causing prices to plumit.

Your saying its easier. Whats prideworthy to you is not prideworthy to me. Your saying the guy who got 99 cooking on sharks when they were 550 ea cant have the same feeling of accomplishment than the one who bought them at 1k ea? Who are YOU to say something like that.

Just because you skip all my points and say there is no valid point does not make you correct.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

theres zero good in autoers, well I'm still waiting to hear a valid point anyway

I believe the good has been stated many times; they make the price of goods cheaper which means you spend less money on your skills (if u dont get your own resources)

i think its been explained over 10 times on this thread why thats not good, even the post you quoted.

And autoers do have a major hold on rare prices. If everything increased in values, rares would go down because it costs more to train everything, and people would be less willing to spend money on rares, causing prices to plumit.
uh no, people either spend money on skills or rares, its not like a person get 99 cooking and decides to drop the spare cash into rares, that rarely happens.

Your saying its easier. Whats prideworthy to you is not prideworthy to me. Your saying the guy who got 99 cooking on sharks when they were 550 ea cant have the same feeling of accomplishment than the one who bought them at 1k ea? Who are YOU to say something like that.
the guy who has 4 lvl 99 stats. Yes, if you train am uch more difficult skill you feel greater accomplishemnt, what you are saying is pretty much that people don't feel more accomplished getting 99 farming than 99 cooking. I can see 99% runescapers disagreeing with you.

Just because you skip all my points and say there is no valid point does not make you correct.
wtf are you talking about? I replied to every single one!

While i hate autoer,its not ONLY their fault.

Why do ppl auto? to get cash in RS,

Why do they want cash in RS? TO SELL IT FOR RL CASH!

Idiot that spend their RL money for RS cash are the main problem here and autoer are only abusing those people.

Stephleref.png

i dont think we can consider them as a foe now... thats where our cheap raw materials for our training needs...

we live with them for years and if they suddenly all disappear (of natural cause, such as a mass ban), the economy will... oh no, apocalypse now!

Believe it or not, some people have integrity and don't want to get resources from cheaters just because it costs them a bit less.

~q

Thank you Qeltar.

I think this topic have no good discussion value, and the topic starter seriously needs to grow up and mature or start to think a little bit more before he acts/types.

Integrity? Yeah this Runescape community sure is full of it. I kind of understand what you're talking about Emp, but 'good ol' players' will flame you since getting things for cheaper makes everything all the easier now, just like the make/fletch/cook-x option. And as for 'getting items from CHEATERS'...bleh. I hate autoers because what they are doing is a dirty business and there's waay too many of them. However... who's stopping them? -.-

sig3bh7.png

i dont buy any raw materials i gather them all. i fish my own fish to cook i cut my own wood to fletch so i dont like autoers because they lower prices of things im trying to sell.

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

Everyone is always saying "Get rid of the autoers" and things like that. But do we really want all the autoers gone? Many people use Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Lobsters, and Sharks to get their cooking and fletching up. With Skill Capes everyone wants to get a lvl 99 skill and cooking/fletching being the easiest people use many Yews, Mages, Lobs, and Sharks. They are in very high demand and luckily, we have a supply. But who actually gets all of these raw materials? Autoers probably get 90% of all the raw materials we use. Now if we take every single autoer out of the game the Supply of all these raw materials will be so low compared to the demand. Prices will skyrocket and it will be hard to get some fish/logs to train. The demand for these items will be very high while the supply is very low. Without autoers we do not have enough people that gather these raw materials to equal the amount of people wanting them. So do we really want Autoers gone? Im not saying I like autoers or support them, but we do kind of need them with all the new players wanting to get skills up and other people make skiller accounts. Even with prayer and crafting, most of the dragon bones and green dragon hides r coming from autoers.

Nice, but hereeeee we go

Ok, if you take all of the autoers out guess what

Prices will sky rocket.... and more people will invest in these new great moneymaking skills, which will mean more people have more money and that will for the most part counterbalance the skyrocketing prices, and these autoers will not be taking away spots from honest players.

Also id like to agree with the above poster, because of autoers/goldfarmers the prices of my sharks have gone to garbage!!!!

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

theres zero good in autoers, well I'm still waiting to hear a valid point anyway

I believe the good has been stated many times; they make the price of goods cheaper which means you spend less money on your skills (if u dont get your own resources)

i think its been explained over 10 times on this thread why thats not good, even the post you quoted.

uh no, people either spend money on skills or rares, its not like a person get 99 cooking and decides to drop the spare cash into rares, that rarely happens.

the guy who has 4 lvl 99 stats. Yes, if you train am uch more difficult skill you feel greater accomplishemnt, what you are saying is pretty much that people don't feel more accomplished getting 99 farming than 99 cooking. I can see 99% runescapers disagreeing with you.

wtf are you talking about? I replied to every single one!

You completely misunderstood my post about the skills and feeling acomplished. Im not comparing cooking to say mining, but cooking when you buy the raw food at a lower price compared to someone who buys it at a higher priced. They should both feel acomplished.

And your response to rares does not even make since to me. If you could put change it around so i can understand it it would be helpfull.

Also, I meant you completely ignored my points, not in the way you didnt comment on them, but you simply disagreed.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Autoers are foes. They take other players training places, cheats and breaks jagex's rules. About the suply, I would happily pay more for lobs, logs and runes if there wasn't any autoers.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think autoÃÆÃâÃâërs must be kicked out of runescape. They are ruining the economy and fact that they cut about 80% of the supplies is because normal peoples just think about "why should I cut a yew tree, if I do it I just get 225 gp's each yew log (allright at this moment 375 because a lot of the autoÃÆÃâÃâërs didn't work for a while but that's detail)". Some peoples say that the economy from runescape will be destroyed if all the autoÃÆÃâÃâërs should be gone. But I think it's the opposite, it is ruÃÆÃâÃâïned at this moment and slowly but sure it will be normal again if all autoÃÆÃâÃâërs are gone.

Autoers ruin the enjoyment of the game.

They ruined good training sites.

They ruined good money making ways for the disciplined player willing to work.

If you really feel the need to auto you can play the Manage Thy Kingdom (MTK) minigame. Official bots work for you collecting maples, herbs, flax, coal etc. You just pay the gold coins to keep them working.

Since there is an official way to auto it is impossible to argue that illegal autoers should remain. The official autoers already can fill a niche for the active player. In fact, I do not have enough time to process all the stuff I get from MTK.

The beauty of MTK is that it doesn't ruin training spots for other people.

In short, autoers are not a necessity and they ruin certain gaming elements. Hence they should be actively hunted down.