Random event clothing boxes - With a picture

Moonshadow

Well, my idea is random event clothing boxes. You know that Full mime, lederhosen, zombie, camo and frog will eat up bank spaces in a hot second. I propose a way to store them that will save you bank space if you don't have the construction level needed or are an F2Per. It won't take away all the benefit of the construction level either. So, it kind of seems like a win-win situation.

I am thinking the box should look something like this.

randomboxur1.png

I am not the greatest artist in the world, and that probably is a crappy attempt at illustrating what it looks like, If Jagex does implement it, I am sure they would make a nicer icon than my homely little concoction.

Comment on the idea and not whether is a crappy little drawing. The box isn't the focus, it is the concept of it is.

That was a box for full mime. A box for camo or lederhosen would look much different.

What do you think of the idea?

[hide=Supporters]1. Me (Moonshadow/Oylimpiana)

2. Id_Suge

3. gerre5

4. Fluffyzoe64

5. robbyfighter

6. zaaps1

7. EnragedKingOfHearts

8. Eimux

9. Kingtygy

10. Phazondrg

11. Supa_Davis

12. Jem

13. Raziel (Kingmerik999)

14. dippymister

15. doomtom99

16. trollman118

17. hybrid2hell

18. dang

19. gandorf61

20. drapit

21. dsavi_x4

22. A227

23. mugglle

24. Xx_Flare_xX

25. Prankster_King/Blackbear778

26. shivers21

27. jenove

28. NJE03

29. Warrager

50.[/hide]

If you want to, I made one userbar to put in your signature. It would be awesome if you put it in.

PS: First userbar ever made :D

randomboxsuppcopygr7.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=686650][img=http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/Tac_Taf04/randomboxsuppcopygr7.png][/url]

tfssig.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd support it. It would cut down on bankspace allowing you to keep those precious random event costumes. And I don't think your picture is that bad.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

Id Suge- Latin for "Suck It"

This is a simple, easy to update idea. It doesn't take too much time on Jagex's part and exists for saving a great deal of bankspace.

Although, if Jagex will make this f2p or not I can't say.

But it's worth a shot at it, I support.

I had the same idea like i think 2 months ago.... lol i didnt want to post about it much since im far to busy to keep a post alive.....

Ayway, because of such I support

It looks like your support list could use some more supporters, you've only added yourself on it. I definetly support, and i think that anyone else who wants more F2P bankspace would support this. This is a great alternative to giving use more bankspace. My randoms take up 6 spaces in my bank so far, and that's 6 spaces i'd like back, while still keeping my clothes ( yes i do wear them frequently).

Alright, here's my suggestion, feel free to use it if you like it. Since the main amount of people who need this would be F2P, the chest, box, whatever, could be located in a random house in varrock, maybe even lumbridge or Falador (those are the main cities of "F2Pscape"). Now, for those few of you who think that this is completely stupid :( , here's some more possibilities. To use the box, you could have to complete a hard quest ( this is unlikely, since jagex dosen't really want to give us more quests), or maybe you would have to pay the owner of the house that this box is located aa high amount of money, maybe 100k at most. If you don't like that, this chest could be located in a guild, the crafting guild, champions guild, etc.

Incase you forgot after reading my post, i support 100%

Good luck! =D>

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

o.O

Wow, my suggestion exploded overnight. Only one supporter to nine in less than 24 hours.

I was thinking it could be in your bank. It would come with the last piece of random event clothing you got. It would still take up a little bit of bank space, (only 5 spaces for a full set of things rather than 18-20) so it wouldn't make the construction room useless. It would however drastically help the amount of bank space a person has. It is the best balance I can find between the construction room and saving bank space.

tfssig.png

I like it. I support that Moonshadow. It would help F2pers on bank space and your drawing isn't bad. I liked it myself. I think we should be able to have multiple sets of random events clothes though. o.o

Fantasy Story Writing FTW!!!

• 2 months later...

Nice Moonshadow. I think I remember seeing you post on the other thread about storing random event clothing.

I support [almost] any idea improving how we can store random event clothing. I think that the box should be bought from a NPC rather than just getting it though.

P.S. - Not a bad picture at all!

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Nice Moonshadow. I think I remember seeing you post on the other thread about storing random event clothing.

I support [almost] any idea improving how we can store random event clothing. I think that the box should be bought from a NPC rather than just getting it though.

P.S. - Not a bad picture at all!

That is a good idea. Maybe bought from Thelissa 10k a box?

(or however you spell her name)

tfssig.png

hmmmm how should i put this...., oh yeah support! nice idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rackleman.gif

dragon drops:12

barrows drops:33

~98% of rs players have attempted a scam. If

your one of the 2% who haven't, copy this into your sig..

That is a good idea. Maybe bought from Thelissa 10k a box?

(or however you spell her name)

Yeah 10k a box would be good.

I remember you mentioning this on another thread. This idea is practical for F2Pers and doesn't destroy the use of the costume room.

Your picture is great, it looks like it's actually from runescape.

I fully support, it's a great idea.

So would each random event set have it's own box?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

There's another thread discussing the same thing.

What you have said is what I have already said and there is a bad point in it.

I'll say it again "This will only help temparary. Jagex will definatly make more sets as time goes by. It will end up taking the same amount of space."

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).