The truth

MrTeaSpoon

What.

The.

#*.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Thank you for subjecting me to the most absurd five minutes of my young life.

+1

I like the way the author tries demeaning the reader so as to make them feel the need to believe that nonsense.

Sorry, but the day I believe in Lizards creating mankind.. well, it won't ever happen, so ahwell. :-k

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hahaha, that site is wonderful.

I do believe some of what is said in jest, though - for example, that we have a system of belief and then believe it to an absurd degree. For example, religious fundamentalism or rationalism or postmodernism. Of these, the "truths" we believe are relative and arbitrary - a religious fundamentalist will defend their beliefs by saying that faith is all that's needed, and a rationalist will defend their beliefs by insisting on "proof" with the scientific method, and a postmodernist will defend their beliefs by saying that all beliefs need context. Of course, I say this from the perspective of someone with a postmodernist paradigm, so maybe that itself should be taken with a grain of salt :P

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I seen that website before. The author has what's known as True-believer syndrome and needs some serious psychological help.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm torn as to whether this is comedy genius or the most pretentious piece of bullcrap I've ever seen.

Exactly what I was thinking...

Gah..... now I have a whole new way of thinking about things! Not again!

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

The name itself tries to convince you that the information in the website is the truth. And off it goes. Also, there are some edited images, and some "ancient proves" look like children's drawings. I always try to be open-minded towards different believes, so I won't flame or insult them, but it seems someone just tried to gather all the paranormal myths and combine them into a set of believes. Just too far-fetched, as the page itself says.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

That was... the most... bizarre thing... I have ever... read.

However, the way the author tries to convince the reader that it is the truth is very clever.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What happens if the author is right though? Dun dun dun.. I guess the clever to do would be to consider both possiblities as maybe being truth, then spending a couple of years looking for clues, then decide for yourself. You know, when you don't believe in anything particular, you can experiment many beliefs, and understand how people act upon them, like a god-like observer, until you find the truth that you think is well, truth.

2480+ total

That was... the most... bizarre thing... I have ever... read.

However, the way the author tries to convince the reader that it is the truth is very clever.

Indeed:

If you don't believe I'm right, you're an idiot!

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

oh dear god.. ive just spent over an hour reading this rubbish hoping to find just a grain of logical text, but lest i was not to find any.

the guy who wrote this is a complete and utter moron.. he just keeps continuously repeating the same rubbish jargon in a vein attempt to drill it into somebodies head.

some of his 'theories' (if you can even call them that) are so far fetched this guy could go insanely far using his creativity as a writer or novelest. unfortunately for everybody he chose to go down this path, poor soul.

no doubt in a few years the idiot will end up trying to get together a suicide pact or something, i hope to god that doesnt happen though as his writings are highly amusing :lol:

Back playing Rs with some vigour for once, Visit my blog and check out what im up too.. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=690785

sigagainus2.png

He could be making a point that everyone is so gullible in believing things, that since some readers he may have actually convinced both science and religion aren't the truth, and his version of the truth is, that basically everyone is stupid and should find their own truths without being spoon fed them or being persuaded one way or another.

That, or he's just crazy. If it's the latter, you know what they say. "The most dangerous people on the planet are those who are convinced they know the truth."

I read about a fourth of that.

So, first off he tries to tell everyone that we shouldn't believe in anything without asking for proof.

Then he tells us about these reptilian gods that rule the Earth, but doesn't give any hard proof of them besides crap like 'well prove that there aren't reptile gods!'

And to top it off he tries to make you feel like it is your human ego and emotions stopping you from believing it, when logic defies it.

I do agree with the authors point about doubting everything that is told to you, but one cannot use this to say stuff like 'science isn't real' when one can easily prove to themselves using logic that it is real.

1+1=2

No, a reptilian god did not tell me that and implant it into my mind because I am a human with a large ego.

1+1=2

because if I take one apple and add it to another apple, I have 2 apples. That is fact, not authority worshiping.

...the guy who wrote this is a complete and utter moron.. he just keeps continuously repeating the same rubbish jargon in a vein attempt to drill it into somebodies head...

Now, did you know that actually works very well? It was even used by the nazis, and it's called The Big Lie. It has some psychological background behind it, but it basically affirms two things:

1. If you get someone to listen to your Lie enough times, they will start to believe it, sooner or later.

1.1 If you repeat the Lie too much, even you will start to believe it.

2. People get to believe: "Nobody could really have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously, so, most probably it's the truth."

There you are, psychology and history combined.

This signature is intentionally left blank.