The Earth isn't as warm as we thought

malo2

The media contantly talks of global warming, now ultimately it is the governement that controls what is being said in the medias. I think the answer to our question is to investigate what's in for the government to convince us that there is a global warming because of ____ reasons. We have no reason to believe what the government tells us, the government has always revealed what was convenient for them to reveal, we have no reason to believe what they say to us, especially when the statistics they use to support such claims conveniently comes from themselves.

But, global warming or not, take care of your planet, if not for yourself and fellow humans, do it to save the kittens!

bwkittenyf7.jpg

2480+ total

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow. So 8 of the 10 hottest years have been in the last 10 years. Oh no. So just because there were 2 years in the last 100 years that have been hoter than the rest, means that global warming isn't happening?

Thats only 2 days! Out of 100! Thats opposed to 8 out of 10! 2% opposed to 80%!

I'm sure when the ice age was beginning there were 2 warmer years. That doesn't mean the ice age wasn't happening.

This entire thing is just plain stupid.

Besides whether it's happening or not and whether it's our fault or not, can I see a show of hands of those that believe we shouldn't do anything to find new and more renewable sources of energy? If any such person exists, why do you feel we should do nothing?

The reasoning for my position is one where I can bypass the debate entirely and go straight to the solution and justify it without even considering global warming as the cause for doing so. Kill two birds (potentially) with one stone. So if someone would be so inclined, tell me why weeding out non-renewables starting now would be a more detrimental act than a global repression of the issue to the point where our way of life itself collapses because we didn't start planning for a sustainable future all those years ago. The idea with starting the non-renewable weed-out now is because in doing so, we could potentially kill two birds with one stone.

If you were lucky enough to see 'The Great Global Warming Swindle', shown on Channel 4 in Great Britain, it listed many valid arguments on why the current fashionable cause of Global Warming is infact false. Although I cannot remember it fully and have no link to back it up, the program dashed 'An Inconvenient Truth' and effectivly stated that Al Gore's statistics were heavily excentuated and even went to the extreme of suggesting some were made up and with the evidence they presented I would definetly believe it. The program then looked at the corrolation between solar flares and the Earth's warming and found that they were far more positive then the scewed statistics Al Gore used. These were experienced and highly qualified scientists suggesting the theories, not some presenter from Channel 4 before you say. The invested interest in the CO2 Global Warming theory is huge, some political parties are riding on this theory and basing their whole policies on this being true thus their continued and relentless promotion of it. Other's livelihood rides on this theory, I even saw a job title just the other day; 'Carbon Saving Expert'. Again, it is in many people's interest to promote this theory as the solid truth. As the journalist Peter Hitchens states, 'Science is based on experimentation and not agreement'. This statement is fitting as many scientists have conducted experiments which conflict with one other suggesting that the CO2 theory is definetly not the given. Then we come to the left-wingers of the world who jump at any chance to 'do good' and jump onto their high horses. The left-wing press love to scare monger and jump at the opportunity to make others feel guilty about their lives. Then, more worringly, we have the left-wing politicians who jump at the chance to erode our civil liberties by introducing such measures as the proposed cameras on bins to snoop on people to check whether they are recycling and new methods of taxation such as the green tax. In conclusion, the Co2 theory is certainly not the given theory in the scientific community and those who dare to challenge are effectivly seen as heretics and are shunned or ridiculed, effectivly being pushed underground along with their compelling arguments. I doubt there is little argument to suggest that the planet is not warming up but there is certainly a lot more research needed to prove a theory either way.

I watched this programme as well, and belive their evidence, although i never really thought global warming was real to begin with. The program also shows graphs from ice core samples showing that the rise in the levels of CO2 is CAUSED by the world heating up. This rise in CO2 is about 800 years behind the heat, and guess what happened 800 years, a massively hot period during the middle ages. Did they have 4X4's or plastic factories, and about 300 years we had a mini-ice age where many countries crops died from lack of warmth. The world naturally does this so don't worry about driving SUV's it will be fine in the end.

The only valid, alternative source to fossil fuels is nuclear. Anything else is a waste of money and un-sightly.
You'd think that, until you realize that the earth's supply of uranium - while theoretically reproductible (I think it had to do with algae or some [cabbage]... It was weird, because you'd be "breeding" radioactive materials) - is also fairly limited. Sure, less of a war for oil, less pollution than coal but not quite as long-term and wave, wind or solar.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

The only valid, alternative source to fossil fuels is nuclear. Anything else is a waste of money and un-sightly.

I'm a supporter of nuclear for a source of base-load power. I think this is what I'll judge my vote on in Australia's federal election towards the end of this year because one party endorses nuclear and the other does not (we currently don't have commercial nuclear power, only 1 research reactor, to my knowlege).

In my opinion it's a huge step forward if we exploit all the energy sources we have that don't pollute as much as coal. Having said that and gone on that little political tangent, the point I was going to make to you is that a solution to coal dominated energy production should be a collection of all non-polluting energy sources be they established, as nuclear is, or in thier infancy, such as geothermal, so we can all progress and ween ourselves off of nuclear too, which should be the intermediate step between non-renewables and renewables, in my opinion.

The only valid, alternative source to fossil fuels is nuclear. Anything else is a waste of money and un-sightly.You'd think that, until you realize that the earth's supply of uranium - while theoretically reproductible (I think it had to do with algae or some [cabbage]... It was weird, because you'd be "breeding" radioactive materials) - is also fairly limited.

Wrong. The earth has thousands and thousands of years worth of urainium left. Well known fact.

and guess what happened 800 years, a massively hot period during the middle ages

I have seen that graph, and comparing the middle ages [bleep]e in heat to the today [bleep]e is like comparing a phone booth to the empire state building.

al gores gay

Married with four kids...

Omg some giant hunks of ice are decreasing in size, its the end of the world

All that melting ice (which is now water) goes to the ocean, making the ocean level rise. So while it's not the end of the worls, it is the end of all civilization close to sea level.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

Go watch "An Inconvenient Truth."

no al gores gay. And i dont like wasting my time *turns on the simpsons*

And who cares about global warming anyways? Penguins will adapt. Air conditioning ftw!!!

Well, I'm glad to see someone who will use up there own time to make sure the penguins are nice and cool by installing ac units all around antartica. :roll:

That probably didn't make any sense but, meh. I'm tired myself.

Yes global warming is a natural cycle this planet goes few every few million years. But CO2 is a factor towards it. We are not the cause of global warming. But we are aiding it.

There is a difference.

ROFL.

Too bad it takes a lot of resources to make a nuclear power plant. And oh yeah, we have a limited supply of uranium. Also, how are nuclear power plants not un-sightly? :-s

Interesting you say that, were emit 1% of the total CO2, * cows farting emits more CO2, so do plants and also the oceans heating and cooling emtis CO2, we dont make enough CO2 to even aid global warming

* Cows burping emits CH4 (methane)

Just a little fact of the day.

Sorry guys, but global warming really isn't one of my top priorities when I have a 100 year long imperialist motivated government sponsored terror spree to deal with.

I'll admit that recent foundings probably do have some scientific basis, and it just might pose a threat to humanity in the near future (just might). But honestly, anything the scientists say are hugely exaggerated by greedy politicians like Al Gore who just want more power in society (watch him, he is going to run for something soon, and he's going to use his new-found influence with his horribly biased documentary.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7221788764767175476&q=the+climate+of+fear+global+warming+glenn+beck&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Go watch the other side of the argument for me please.

But honestly, anything the scientists say are hugely exaggerated by greedy politicians like Al Gore who just want more power in society (watch him, he is going to run for something soon, and he's going to use his new-found influence with his horribly biased documentary.

I don't think it's mostly for power; it seems more like he's trying to be the Paris Hilton of politics :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

co2 doesnt make temperature go up the temp makes co2 go up so that makes lil al gores movie almost all the way wrong and hes fat. notice how he says stuff anyway its so vauge. not all scientists say that not even most. and what they do say is way better than what were hearing from al gore and ppl who just use the worst possible thing they can make from research thats not even that good.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Interesting you say that, were emit 1% of the total CO2, * cows farting emits more CO2, so do plants and also the oceans heating and cooling emtis CO2, we dont make enough CO2 to even aid global warming

Sorry ive always heard it was their farting. Not first time ive been wrong :oops:

Sorry ive always heard it was their farting. Not first time ive been wrong :oops:

No neeed to apologise, I used to think it was thier farting too but it's what comes out of the other end apparantly. Go figure.

Anyone ever see that episode of futurama with the giant garbage ball? At the end after they stopped it and saved themselves I think its Leela who asks won't the garbage ball return and the professor says who cares I won't be alive for that or something like that.

lol, lets so lets all live fast and die young and make a huge mess for our grandchildren.[/sarcasm]

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

ROFL.

Too bad it takes a lot of resources to make a nuclear power plant. And oh yeah, we have a limited supply of uranium. Also, how are nuclear power plants not un-sightly? :-s

don't forget about nuclear waste, that [cabbage] is hard to store (you can't just throw something with so much radiation into the trash).

Solar energy is the future, theres a crap load of energy coming from the sun that is always going to waste. solar panels right now only catch 10% of it, so in the future, they will become 10 times more effective.

But anyway, global warming will never be near my priorities, since it's filled with propaganda, idiot parrots, bs politicians who care about nothing but their votes, fear mongers, and [developmentally delayed]s saving their reputations. Worry about the terrorists who are always a step closer to killing all of us. Seriously, even if global warming is a real threat, at this rate, we will all be dead before we ever feel any effects of it.

Wrong. The earth has thousands and thousands of years worth of urainium left. Well known fact.
The only way you'll get above a century's worth of supply is if you start recalculating the supply based on a higher price of uranium. To use an analogy; If there were lakes of oil on Mars that wouldn't be mean [cabbage], because it'd be too expensive to get it back to Earth. If the price of oil however, rose to high, like, really high price levels however, it would sooner or later be economical to retrieve said oil. Uranium is the same. Using a preset-day-price comparision, we've got, what, 80 years. Using calculations involving dredging sea water for uranium particles, and then using them in reactors with the whole breeding thing, then woho, we've got a lot more of supply to speak of.

This does not mean that dredging sea water for uranium is an economically sane way of going about things today. (In fact, it's easy enough to argue that it will never be economically sane; because in the timeframe before we'd get to that point, we'd start using fusion rather than fission).

That being said, I believe that nuclear power is a much better alternative than coal - and any political party around here that suggests further dismantling of our nuclear power programme is never going to get a vote from me, because importing german coal power is NOT helping the environment - but compared to developing solar, wind and wave power... Meh, it's the best bet in the interrim.

I said it many times before and I will say it again.

If any of you idiots still believes that man can do JACK to this rock, you are very wrong. We could nuke ourselves into oblivion and nature would flourish. Global Warming is a publicity stunt to make Al Gore look good and produce really crappy Jake Glyllenhal movies.

Would you equate the flourishing of nature to the continued existance of human civilization as we know it?

edit: Didn't want to double post but I missed a reply worth responding to.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif