Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Marriage is just a slip of paper. It doesn't even have to be in a church or have a priest present.

To some people marriage is MORE than just a piece of paper.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough. I was meaning it's not a religious ceremony, but a legal one.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage is just a slip of paper. It doesn't even have to be in a church or have a priest present.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough. I was meaning it's not a religious ceremony, but a legal one.

Yes, it is a legal ceremony. Just as in some religions it is also religious ceremony.

And I'd find it hard to believe that there aren't religious homosexuals.

Yes, it is a legal ceremony. Just as in some religions it is also religious ceremony.

The whole "god hates homosexuals" thing probably turns them off...

I think that might be an over-exaggeration caused by conflict between over zealous parishioners and gay rights activists. The whole "man and women only! you're going to hell obviously!" and "you're a church so your God hates us obviously!" thing. I just think both sides got a little too aggressive.

But, I think I'm getting off-topic so.... yeah. :-w

Or are these discussions allowed in this thread? The OP wasn't really clear on that...

I think that might be an over-exaggeration caused by conflict between over zealous parishioners and gay rights activists. The whole "man and women only! you're going to hell obviously!" and "you're a church so your God hates us obviously!" thing. I just think both sides got a little too aggressive.

Or are these discussions allowed in this thread? The OP wasn't really clear on that...

You haven't been on TIF very long have you. We can start a discussion about cuss words and end up at video games. The mods have just gotten used to it I think.

You haven't been on TIF very long have you. We can start a discussion about cuss words and end up at video games. The mods have just gotten used to it I think.

I've lurked for a few years, actually. Been content with just watching. I try to refrain from "off-topicness" in threads I feel involve serious... thingies. :-s

EDIT - Damnit lol. :wall:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Westboro-God-Hates-The-World-Music-Video-292196.html

Oh Westboro "church" you never cease to make me facepalm.

Try not to laugh at how stupid these imbred religious fanatics are.

i died a little inside :|

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Westboro-God-Hates-The-World-Music-Video-292196.html

That isn't a church, that is an anti-[bleep] riot. Seriously, that's so messed up on so many levels.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

That's just.....horrible :|

Did they honestly think they would get a positive reaction from making a bloody music video -.-

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

That video was pretty funny. But yeah... I'm not gonna eat my kids. If I ever have any, that is. :lol:

Did they honestly think they would get a positive reaction from making a bloody music video -.-

It's WBC, you can't take them seriously.

North Korea has more credibility than them then? :lol:

North Korea has more credibility than them then? :lol:

They do actually, NK trys to be intelligent but never really seems to pull it off. These guys, well they're just a bunch of close-minded bigoted extremist Christians :|

India has just decriminalized homosexuality. Though it's nothing compared to freedoms enjoyed in the west, it's a massive first step for a religiously conservative country.

This is a great move forward, and not just because it repeals an nonsensical law, it seems:

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-07-02-voa54.cfm

It may even lower the prevalence of HIV in the gay community, because decriminalisation means there is less stigma to come forward to get treatment or seek advice.

It doesn't really matter, but what I don't like are camp/butch people, it really annoys me for some reason. I mean as i've said many times before, "If you're going to be gay then be gay, but you don't have to be all gay about it."

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Westboro Baptist church is its own little world of insanity, I wouldn't take them as a representative of baptist religion as a whole. Those guys are freaks and I wouldn't lose sleep if they all suddenly died.

I might have posted in this thread a long time ago, but i doubt if anyone remembers so I mgiht as well join the discussion again for once. I'm Catholic, one of the most controversial religions around here when it comes to homosexuality tolerance. I don't believe homosexuality is morally right. I'm not sure if they're going to burn in hell or not, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they did. I don't hate gay people; I just don't agree with them. But as a Catholics we also believe that no one should be persecuted for any reason unless they have persecuted others without remorse. Have gay people been crusading against humanity? No, so why crusade against them? I may not agree with their sexual orientation, but that doesn't mean I'm going to join one of those "god hates gays" groups that protests everywhere on every occasion, just like WBC is. I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone either. There are gay people at my school. I don't usually talk to them simply because I don't know them well, not because I think they're the children of satan. If they asked me if I supported homosexuality, I'd say no and end the discussion. I wouldn't try to convert them like other sects would, I wouldn't try to host an intervention or exorcism for them, and I certainly wouldn't beat them up or kill them like more extreme people would do. I'd just go on living my own life.

If a state legalizes gay marriage I wouldn't care unless the Church told me otherwise to protest. Gay people haven't done anything to me, so I don't need to interfere. Right now the Church isn't too concerned about ending homosexuality, the real issue is abortion and things that affect more than one person's life. Let the gays be gays and I won't get involved with them them unless they get involved in my life.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

If a state legalizes gay marriage I wouldn't care unless the Church told me otherwise to protest. Gay people haven't done anything to me, so I don't need to interfere. Right now the Church isn't too concerned about ending homosexuality, the real issue is abortion and things that affect more than one person's life. Let the gays be gays and I won't get involved with them them unless they get involved in my life.

I'm sorry but shouldn't you think more about things then to just do what the church tells you, even if you don't agree with it? Preserving religion is no reason to mindlessly follow it.