Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Who said it should be illegal? The question here was is it right or wrong. Eventually it comes down to the individuals sense of morals; some would say it's wrong, some would say it's right, others won't say at all so they aren't flamed. I think it's wrong but i respect everyone's right to do as they please as long as it's not hurting anyone. Plain and simple. ::'

So you just think it's wrong for no particular reason? Or is it that you find it ewwy?

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got banned from a forum I'd been a member of for about a year because I support homosexuality :(

Wow I'd perfectly understand if they banned you for being a rule breaker, but baning you for voicing your opinion...DAMN :wall: definitely that forum was not worth staying in.

• 2 months later...
Again, I haven't received an answer from anyone on this point.

If adults choose to engage in a social contract with eachother, and there is no harm that extends outside of said social contract, how is it the business of society/the state to say whether this is right/wrong, illegal/legal?

Are you accidentally posting here instead of the Legalizing Prostitution thread?

No, I am responding to the people who say that homosexuality should be illegal.

I find it so incredibly discriminating that it has to be legalised in areas.

Shows just how insecure humanity is tbh.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

If adults choose to engage in a social contract with eachother, and there is no harm that extends outside of said social contract, how is it the business of society/the state to say whether this is right/wrong, illegal/legal?

Are you accidentally posting here instead of the Legalizing Prostitution thread?

You find it wrong that is has been legalized at all? And society is discriminating because of that?

You find it wrong that is has been legalized at all? And society is discriminating because of that?

I think it's more like, it's insulting that it was illegal in the first place and only NOW is it being made legal.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

TV shows give Homosexuality a bad rep. They are people too, is having buck teeth right or wrong?

Wow worst false analogy ever.

I got banned from a forum I'd been a member of for about a year because I support homosexuality :(

... and other things but that's not the point.

Nobody has any right to judge someone's love as right or wrong. YES things like pedophilia are wrong, I'm not saying that you can justify 'love' for children, but that is a different topic (before someone says I'm suggesting it >.<). Why should I dictate who someone can love? What right do I have to cast judgement on someone else? If you believe in God then maybe you think he should be the one to cast judgement. He, not you. Why did God give people free will so that other humans would take it away?

Just throwing those questions out.

No, people don't have the direct right to dictate who someone can love because a society decides what is wrong and what is right. There are only a few things that are innately wrong because at some point it was the society that decided that. At this point, I would say that society still views homosexuality as wrong. In a natural sense, homosexuality is wrong because all living things reproduce and reproduction is one of the most fundamental characteristics of living things. Since homesexuals still havn't found a way to reproduce with their same-sex partner, obviously it is wrong in a biological sense. It is hard to impossible to argue that it is not "wrong" or imperfect in a biological sense. Even if other species practice some homosexuality, that is still wrong. Luckily if it is in fact genetic, as some people want to claim, natural selection will take care of that, which makes it wrong because it will be eliminated. However, people have the right to cast judgement just how you cast judgement on those people who oppose your views. You can't tell someone they can't cast judgement, that's just stupid.

smallsigr.jpg

I think it's more like, it's insulting that it was illegal in the first place and only NOW is it being made legal.

Yes maybe i worded that wrong.

I mean that it's discriminating the fact it has to be legalised at all.

Why it's illegal in the first place is just down right discrimination >.<

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

TV shows give Homosexuality a bad rep. They are people too, is having buck teeth right or wrong?

... and other things but that's not the point.

Nobody has any right to judge someone's love as right or wrong. YES things like pedophilia are wrong, I'm not saying that you can justify 'love' for children, but that is a different topic (before someone says I'm suggesting it >.<). Why should I dictate who someone can love? What right do I have to cast judgement on someone else? If you believe in God then maybe you think he should be the one to cast judgement. He, not you. Why did God give people free will so that other humans would take it away?

Just throwing those questions out.

No, people don't have the direct right to dictate who someone can love because a society decides what is wrong and what is right. There are only a few things that are innately wrong because at some point it was the society that decided that. At this point, I would say that society still views homosexuality as wrong. In a natural sense, homosexuality is wrong because all living things reproduce and reproduction is one of the most fundamental characteristics of living things. Since homesexuals still havn't found a way to reproduce with their same-sex partner, obviously it is wrong in a biological sense. It is hard to impossible to argue that it is not "wrong" or imperfect in a biological sense. Even if other species practice some homosexuality, that is still wrong. Luckily if it is in fact genetic, as some people want to claim, natural selection will take care of that, which makes it wrong because it will be eliminated. However, people have the right to cast judgement just how you cast judgement on those people who oppose your views. You can't tell someone they can't cast judgement, that's just stupid.

Homosexuality isn't conducive to reproduction, but that doesn't make it "wrong". Remember, science doesn't make claims of morality or get into calling things "right" or "wrong", so it's not correct to label homosexuality in that way. Biologically speaking, it would do good for males to start raping every female they see, but it's not "right" just because it's conducive to survival.

Having said that, there is a theory to explain the survival of homosexual behaviour in populations counter-intuitive to what we would expect given natural selection.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 204459.htm

It's called sexually antagonistic selection, and it involves a reproductive advantage in females which outweighs the reproductive harm in males. Things aren't always as black and white as they may seem.

I support homosexuality. I don't know why it is a big deal when somebody famous says they are homosexual, it is a choice for them to make, and if they enjoy the company of the same sex more than they do that of the opposite, or if they enjoy both, that is completely their mind set. Most homosexuals I know are friendly people (please don't make a joke about that either). I feel they should have the same rights everyone else has and people (and governments) should realize that it's not the end of the world if two men want to marry. I believe that if we are to live on this world, we might as well try to be happy, and if being homosexual makes you happy, go for it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I agree, it is a good analogy.

Wanted to reveal that double negative, eh?

People usually think of homosexuality as 2 men, most people neglect the 2 women scenario... :-k

People usually think of homosexuality as 2 men, most people neglect the 2 women scenario... :-k

Since a majority of the people here are male I'd say they just don't find it as offensive as they would 2 men... for... some reason.

Stop being sexist men. :shame:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Since a majority of the people here are male I'd say they just don't find it as offensive as they would 2 men... for... some reason.

Stop being sexist men. :shame:

Every guy has it built in to find think of two hot women going at it as hot.

It's hard to explain.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

It's not that hard to explain. Most men are straight, so most men like women. The more women, the happier the guy.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Wrong if it is free choice, it is disgusting.

If it is genetic, many can't help it. But nobody knows.............................

Why is it wrong if it's a free choice?

howlin1eeveesig.png

If it is genetic, many can't help it. But nobody knows.............................

Pet Peeve time.

Elipsis points have 3 periods. Not 29.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Reminds me way back when people though homosexuality was a mental disorder.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Homosexuality is natural. In fact it was only considered 'wrong' after the emergence of Judaism and Christianity, before that many societies engaged in homosexual practices as it was just human nature.

Drow4.png

I'd put an endless sum of money on it, you find Male Homosexuals "disgusting", yet if you saw 2 Female Homosexuals you'd be shouting encouragement at them. If so, which it highly likely is......you're just an immature hypocritical [puncture].

No... he'd be a heterosexual man who'd rather his mirror neurons be stimulated by the sight of naked women having sex than by the sight of naked men having sex.

Impulsively yes, he would shout encouragement at a lesbian duo going at it.

In principle, I'd like to think he'd say 'no'.

If not, then yes, your diagnosis of his personality traits would be correct.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."