Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

I may not agree with their sexual orientation

How can you agree or disagree with someone's sexual orientation? It's like saying you don't agree with people being black.

If a state legalizes gay marriage I wouldn't care unless the Church told me otherwise to protest.

Like the above poster said, do you just blindly follow your religious leaders without questions?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a state legalizes gay marriage I wouldn't care unless the Church told me otherwise to protest. Gay people haven't done anything to me, so I don't need to interfere.
Is that not a contradiction in some form? The gay community has done nothing to disturb you and therefor you believe that you should not disturb them. Yet you would allow someone else to take that belief away and make a decision for you?
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Westboro Baptist church is its own little world of insanity, I wouldn't take them as a representative of baptist religion as a whole. Those guys are freaks and I wouldn't lose sleep if they all suddenly died.

I might have posted in this thread a long time ago, but i doubt if anyone remembers so I mgiht as well join the discussion again for once. I'm Catholic, one of the most controversial religions around here when it comes to homosexuality tolerance. I don't believe homosexuality is morally right. I'm not sure if they're going to burn in hell or not, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they did. I don't hate gay people; I just don't agree with them. But as a Catholics we also believe that no one should be persecuted for any reason unless they have persecuted others without remorse. Have gay people been crusading against humanity? No, so why crusade against them? I may not agree with their sexual orientation, but that doesn't mean I'm going to join one of those "god hates gays" groups that protests everywhere on every occasion, just like WBC is. I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone either. There are gay people at my school. I don't usually talk to them simply because I don't know them well, not because I think they're the children of satan. If they asked me if I supported homosexuality, I'd say no and end the discussion. I wouldn't try to convert them like other sects would, I wouldn't try to host an intervention or exorcism for them, and I certainly wouldn't beat them up or kill them like more extreme people would do. I'd just go on living my own life.

If a state legalizes gay marriage I wouldn't care unless the Church told me otherwise to protest. Gay people haven't done anything to me, so I don't need to interfere. Right now the Church isn't too concerned about ending homosexuality, the real issue is abortion and things that affect more than one person's life. Let the gays be gays and I won't get involved with them them unless they get involved in my life.

Everything was fine and dandy with this post, until the big sentence popped up and made me flinch.

Please explain this warren.

I'm not sure if they're going to burn in hell or not, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they did.

Does anyone else find this as disturbing as I do? How can you justify being complicit with homosexuals burning in hell for being homosexual?

As others have said, you shouldn't mindlessly believe something as soon as your church does.

I'm not sure if they're going to burn in hell or not, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they did.

Does anyone else find this as disturbing as I do? How can you justify being complicit with homosexuals burning in hell for being homosexual?

It's better than the people who see it as their personal mission to keep people from "burning in hell". These people piss me off so much. You get a reward, good for you. Don't interrupt someone else's life just so you can be a [bleep]in' over achiever.

OT: I have no clue why I put an apostrophe since it will be censored anyway.

I was more concerned about that in conjunction with this tidbit.

I'm not sure if they're going to burn in hell or not, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they did. I just don't agree with them.
I disagree with the decision my supervisor made the other day. Assuming I was of the Christian faith, should I let her rot in hell?
hopesolopatriot.jpg

As others have said, you shouldn't mindlessly believe something as soon as your church does.

Oh that warren person, i wouldn't care if an axe murderer pulled off all his finger nails and then cut him up with a chain saw while he was still conscious, he's a christian.

It's better than the people who see it as their personal mission to keep people from "burning in hell". These people piss me off so much. You get a reward, good for you. Don't interrupt someone else's life just so you can be a [bleep]' over achiever.

Yeah, if I'm gonna burn in Hell for my actions, let me.

I said earlier in this thread that I think homosexual couples deserve all of the rights that heterosexual couples have. However, they should also have the same responsibilities. That means if they wish to marry, more power to them. But to end a marriage, they should need a divorce.

I personally have many, MANY gay friends and neighbors, and i can tell you now that it really isnt as rare as most people think. homosexuals are normal people trying to live normal lives, but it seems to me that about half of the heterosexuals want to stop them because theyre different.

I believe that a lot (but not nearly all) of this hate comes from the christian church. The part of this that i find ironic is that in the actual bible (im not talking about what they tell you in church or sunday school, i mean whats in the actual book) states that it is wrong to predjudice against people because of them being homosexual. It also doesnt say that being homosexual is wrong, except in one area of outdated, optional rules, along with not eating oysters or talking back to your father.

One thing about the opposition to gay marriage that annoys me is how it all revolves around religion. Religion shouldnt be foisted on other people, and even if you interpret your religion to mean that humans should not be homosexual, i dont believe that gives you the right to decide that no one should be able to be homosexual. I challenge the detractors of gay marriage to tell me a good reason why gay marriage should be discouraged that doesnt have anything to do with religion. Separation of church and state, remember?

death.jpg

RIP Chuck Schuldiner

I challenge the detractors of gay marriage to tell me a good reason why gay marriage should be discouraged that doesn't have anything to do with religion. Separation of church and state, remember?
When it comes to marriage tho, there isn't a separation of church and state because most marriage benefits only apply if it's a church recognized marriage...

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I challenge the detractors of gay marriage to tell me a good reason why gay marriage should be discouraged that doesn't have anything to do with religion. Separation of church and state, remember?
When it comes to marriage tho, there isn't a separation of church and state because most marriage benefits only apply if it's a church recognized marriage...

Which is something else that should change(though I think state marriages give full rights in most of the US); a government shouldn't be giving legal rights to people that they have to get through a church.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

One thing that bugs me, which kinda relates to a post earlier...

...is the people who dont mind us being gay, but object to the campness.

This is a major part of our culture, and yes, it is a culture. We were ostracised for decades and developed our own culture, based a lot on both the circus culture and the creative arts and bohemian cultures. Our culture is descended from a very flamboyant place, unhindered by traditional mores and roles because we were thrown out of them, refused entry. So we made our own rules.

And now people come to us and imply that we can rejoin the mainstream culture, but only if we pander to their own cultural values. I dont think so. We are a strong community and we don't need to conform to your outdated ways. We have our own political power, as part of a democracy, we have our own financial power as earners in our own right. We are strong enough to stand on our own if we absolutely have to.

We would prefer not to have to take positions on our own, we would prefer to work with people, accept them for who they are, with them accepting us for who we are. But if necessary we would rather stand on our own than bow down to conformist behaviour. There are many of us who are not camp at all, and they are welcome to behave any way they choose, equally a straight man acting camp takes nothing from us and may add to their own culture. But why should we act straight just for you?

(These are my personal opinions, although I speak in the plural, it is my opinion that this is the general consensus opinion of much of the gay community)

I'm wondering if all the homophobic think that only one religion is right, and they shouldn't meet people with other faiths.

I was wondering if any christians researched their bible's history, when it became "Homophobic", all the basic changes in the rewriters minds, and what it stole from other religions.

Im not saying I'm a christaphobic (christianity has done good) I'm just saying open your eyes before you think something.

There will never be an end to this argument (even beyond this forum).

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

The whole point of "marriage" started in a church. And any form of marriage discussed is HIGHLY likely to get the state involved. The funny thing is I heard the first records of Massachusetts married couples but not my state.

My pure's stats:

Personally I think along the lines of: 'What ever floats your boat'; Basically meaning, Do what ever you please as long as you are happy youself.

dzuz3d.jpg

Personally I think along the lines of: 'What ever floats your boat'; Basically meaning, Do what ever you please as long as you are happy youself.

That never works out practically if you follow that.

Yeh, you have to be careful using that phrase.

It's ok to use it in the case of people being homosexual, as they should have the right to be happy about it.

But, it's also like saying, if you want to be a murderer thats fine! because it makes you happy, but the person you're attempting to murder or the families of someone who is murdered wont be very happy at all.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

If anything, you have to carefully word how you mean it.

The way it appears he said it, is that it would refer to everything.

It should have been phrased as "In this case, I feel that you should be able to do what makes you happy, however, this does not apply to everything, such as things that would cause harm to another person."

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

at the end of the day everybody has a choice.

Attack - Strength - Defence - Hitpoints - Range - Fletching - Cooking - Thieving - Woodcutting - Hunter - Farming - SlaYer - Summoning Mining ~

~ Whips : 30 ~ 90+ barrows drops ~

~ Tal Shiar Alliance ~ W132 ~

~ 2230+ total ~

In a society where homosexuals are attacked and outcasted, why would you choose to be homosexual?

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

That never works out practically if you follow that.

Yeh, you have to be careful using that phrase.

It's ok to use it in the case of people being homosexual, as they should have the right to be happy about it.

But, it's also like saying, if you want to be a murderer thats fine! because it makes you happy, but the person you're attempting to murder or the families of someone who is murdered wont be very happy at all.

Now were talking about murderers?

My pure's stats:

at the end of the day everybody has a choice.

As in you can chose whether or not to be homosexual or heterosexual?

Or Bi, He meant if its right or wrong (you HOPEFULLY knew that).

I think their called straight camps (converts gay to "straight") are just a form of brainwashing.

My pure's stats: