Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was homosexual, would make things easier.

Um...how would that make things easier?

Other than being easier to understand the "mechanics" behind homosexuality (after all, a homosexual SHOULD know best), I fail to see how it would make ANYTHING easier.

I believe it's wrong and is a disgrace to god. If two men were supposed to be together, god would have made it that way!!

On a serious note, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm straight, but I march in homosexual pride parades, I volunteer my services to kids confused about their sexuality and half my player fines go to a homosexual rights group. The other half goes to an AIDS foundation.

I draw the line at a different set of laws for homosexuals, ie hate crime. Hate crime legislation is just more segregation. Why should it be a different charge if I hit bloke A than if I hit bloke B?

Why should anybody care? How does it impact you if two blokes are tagging each other behind closed doors? Unless these religious [bleep]ers come in and spout their [cabbage], but I tend to get in trouble for my views on religion, so don't bother questioning me about it in the thread. PM me for lulz.

SoLawny.png

I draw the line at a different set of laws for homosexuals, ie hate crime. Hate crime legislation is just more segregation. Why should it be a different charge if I hit bloke A than if I hit bloke B?

Because if you hit B only because he's a different color/religion/sexuality than you it's a lot different than a fight with A because he doesn't like your favorite football team. However I do think that they're used a bit too liberally and abused.

I wish I was homosexual, would make things easier. I live in California and am trying to get a job at Starbucks. Sadly, I'm a raging heterosexual and I couldn't change if I wanted to. But it's my belief that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. Homosexuality is A-OK but hating someone because of their sexual orientation is vain, because you could be doing good things for the world instead of hating everyone in it. It's selfish.

I lol'd.

Homosexuality isn't really wrong, unless you're a Christian.

However, actively displaying your homosexuality through a showing of public sodomoy on a float rolling down Main Street is not only wrong, it's in poor taste.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I with you on the gay pride march thing, I'm gay, but find the whole gay pride march rather over the top. Half-naked (well more than half!) men trawling up and down the street, lots of pink and feather boas... its just too extreme.

There's a difference between being proud and shouting it from the rooftops.

Proud owner of Questcape since 4th July 2009!! :D :D

sphinxor_86.png

I'm a christian, but I think it is ok. I'm the "interpret the bible in your own way" Christian. I (unlike other belief-fundamentalists) think for myself. "Our" God is one of love, and that is what sexuality (in all its forms) is all about. God is supposed to love everybody. The bible is an ancient book, some stuff might be lost in translation, and it shouldn't be taken literally. IMO, it's a book full of metaphors, and guidelines (not rules) on how to live "properly".

That being said, I still find it awkward when I see 2 guys making out. I can't help it. And, along the same line, I'm quite the hypocrit just like Das. But then again, there's a lot of hypocrisy in Catholicism, so that fits :lol:

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Because if you hit B only because he's a different color/religion/sexuality than you it's a lot different than a fight with A because he doesn't like your favorite football team. However I do think that they're used a bit too liberally and abused.

Either way it's a hateful crime, it's not different at all. His race/religion/sexuality should have nothing to do with which crime I am being charged with. The fact that these laws exist shows that everybody is NOT equal in the eyes of the law which if you ask me is a pretty serious [bleep] up for such a BS PC society.

SoLawny.png

I'm a christian, but I think it is ok. I'm the "interpret the bible in your own way" Christian. I (unlike other belief-fundamentalists) think for myself. "Our" God is one of love, and that is what sexuality (in all its forms) is all about. God is supposed to love everybody. The bible is an ancient book, some stuff might be lost in translation, and it shouldn't be taken literally. IMO, it's a book full of metaphors, and guidelines (not rules) on how to live "properly".

That being said, I still find it awkward when I see 2 guys making out. I can't help it. And, along the same line, I'm quite the hypocrit just like Das. But then again, there's a lot of hypocrisy in Catholicism, so that fits :lol:

You need to read the entire old testament; it is quite literal, and quite vial.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I with you on the gay pride march thing, I'm gay, but find the whole gay pride march rather over the top. Half-naked (well more than half!) men trawling up and down the street, lots of pink and feather boas... its just too extreme.

There's a difference between being proud and shouting it from the rooftops.

If that's who you are, then it's not extreme, go for it! I get dressed up of course, have a bit of fun with it, but I'd just as soon march in a tux or in a wetsuit with flippers!

Most of the people I've met agree that the ONLY time they dress that way and act that way are during these events, the rest if the time they are just regular people.

SoLawny.png

You also need to know the context of the old testament. Especially Leviticus, since I'm pretty sure that verse in there is the only one that clearly condemns homosexuality.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

You also need to know the context of the old testament. Especially Leviticus, since I'm pretty sure that verse in there is the only one that clearly condemns homosexuality.

I was speaking in general, not in terms of homosexuality; sorry that wasn't clear. It was a response to him saying he interprets the bible openly.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It was a response to him saying he interprets the bible openly.

I think everything should be interpreted by the individual, whether it's intended to be taken as a literal truth or not.

"Our" God is one of love, and that is what sexuality (in all its forms) is all about.

Now I wouldn't go as far as saying that... :uhh:

I have read the entire Old Testament, and there is room for interpretation in some aspects, but not many. Mainly I think interpretation of the Old Testament should be done in context of the time it was written, that is, know that it was written for those situations, and should only serve as interpretable guidelines for current times.

Homosexuality? Not for me. I suppose at my very core I believe that it is wrong, but there is a very think layering over that that is entirely supportive of anyone who lives that lifestyle. I support gay marriage in the legal sense but not particularly in the religious sense, if that makes any sense.

Flyingjj.png

Wow all these god botherers are morons.

Fair enough I you don't believe in homosexuality, but it is absolutely in no way a choice at all.

I mean I didn't wake up one day and go girls are alright, but I'm gonna go sleep with boys instead. Just automatically and from quite a young age I knew I found other guys attractive while I just saw girls as friends and the idea of sleeping with them repulsed me.

As for the whole bible argument, there is only 1 phrase that outright mentions homosexuality and if you read it in its literally context. It is condemning two men because they were having sex IN A CHURCH. It didn't say they were sinful for having sex with each other, just for doing it in a church. Its over zealous interpretation and old social needs (aka middle ages) to enforce the "normal" on everyone that twisted it to try and make out it says homosexuality is outright wrong.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Really, whether it's right or wrong is really not the question. Whether it's a choice or not is a lot more important.

For *some* reason, I doubt that it's a choice: a lot of people like to make decisions that are mocked and derided, and are feared and punished by society for their "choices."

We fear homosexuals as we always have: just like the Jews and Gypsies were always feared.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I used to get Newsweek magazine and I've been searching for an old issue about homosexuality and the bible. There were two articles: one explaining how homosexuality is condemned by the bible, and other that argues the bible supports homosexuality. It was really interesting, especially the second article.

In my opinion, I highly support gay and lesbian rights. I don't care if you like the same or opposite sex, it doesn't make a difference.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I'm sure if a popular vote was cast homosexuality would be against the law.

Just as it was with America's slavery laws and the Nazi's persecution of Jews.

I am pro freedom for all people and religions so long as they do not harm other minorities. (race, sexuality, disability, etc..)

I'm appalled by California's Prop. 8 not just because it harmed gays. But basically the majority was successful in taking away rights from a minority group. This can't be allowed in a democratic country IMO. :x

Really, whether it's right or wrong is really not the question. Whether it's a choice or not is a lot more important.
I agree there

Human Sexuality shouldn't be treated as evil, or a disease, or disorder.

-If someone really wanted to "play for the other team." I'd imagine it would take a lifetime.

-I'm skeptical that someone is born with a sexuality. Take for example a baby boy that is born with effeminate qualities (slender wrists, higher voice, etc.) He may grow up with homosexual tendancies.

- NOT because the Dna predicts it, BUT because of how society treats him and how he identifies himself.

tldr; Sexuality is part of our Identity.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

[hide=Hilarious Coincidense (see ad)]lolatad.jpg[/hide]

Anyway, I feel that homosexuality is no more abnormal than heterosexuality. And randomly quoting the bible is not always applicable:

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Enjoy: http://www.humanistsofutah.org/2002/Why ... 10-02.html

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

On other news, it seems Iceland has elected the first openly homosexual Chief of State, an impressive landmark for equality.

It's nice to see a nation being that progressive, it's a positive step but I still can't foresee many nations who would elect an openly gay President/Prime Minister. Maybe that will be the next logical step but I just can't see it happening in the near future.

wrong.

Would you care to at least make a logical point to support your views instead of giving a one word response?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Dammit, you beat me.

Whether it's a choice or not is just as unimportant. If it's not a choice, then it's similar to race and deserves the same rights and protections. If it is a choice, then it's similar to religion and deserves the same rights and protections as well. The laws that forbid gays from marrying are just as oppressive and idiotic as not allowing interracial/non-white marriages or inter-religious/non-christian marriages. However, for some reason, most people are fine denying basic rights to gays. I wish logic wasn't such a foreign concept.