Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate gays or lesbians, I just won't become one.

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

I don't really think its a choice.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well I'll just be happy that I'm not gay then...

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

Well I'll just be happy that I'm not gay then...

And discriminate against those who were born that way? It is kind of like being born black, or a woman, or left-handed. You can't really help it, it is who you are.

Oh, also think that you are practicing a religion thought up by some guy well over 1000 years after the guy it is about died.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I'm really actually sick of this [cabbage]. If someone is gay it is their choice their life. Why do you give a rats [wagon] about how someone chooses to live their life? If you have something aginst gays you should go dig a hole jump in and die.

Christians that think it's against gods will or whatever... If there was a god why would it make something that it is against.

Why can't people just accept that gays will be gays. You don't have to like it but there's no way in hell that you should discriminate agaisnt it.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I'm really actually sick of this [cabbage]. If someone is gay it is their choice their life. Why do you give a rats [wagon] about how someone chooses to live their life? If you have something aginst gays you should go dig a hole jump in and die.

Christians that think it's against gods will or whatever... If there was a god why would it make something that it is against.

Why can't people just accept that gays will be gays. You don't have to like it but there's no way in hell that you should discriminate agaisnt it.

Very good points, except for the fact that it isn't a choice.

I'm an INTJ.

Wait...Cynic...

Are you a girl?

That's your belief, don't state it as a fact.

SoLawny.png

I'm really actually sick of this [cabbage]. If someone is gay it is their choice their life. Why do you give a rats [wagon] about how someone chooses to live their life? If you have something aginst gays you should go dig a hole jump in and die.Christians that think it's against gods will or whatever... If there was a god why would it make something that it is against. Why can't people just accept that gays will be gays. You don't have to like it but there's no way in hell that you should discriminate agaisnt it.

Being gay, I would know.

I'm an INTJ.

Wait...Cynic...

Are you a girl?

So when did you choose to be straight? When did you choose who/what you're attracted to?

I am perfectly fine with people being gay or lesbian. I'm not a real activist in the gay rights movement, mostly because my school is more homophobic then any school I've ever been to, and even the teachers would laugh if you went up and said "I support the right to marry someone of your own gender".

Some people are born that way, for most it's not a choice, it's just the way they were when they came out of the womb.

I know a couple bi's. One was more gay then straight, I think he just said he was bi so there would not be so much criticism. He was annoying as hell, and his voice become unbearable when he yelled, but he was a nice guy.

I know there are quite a few more in the school then I think, and I do agree with the bi's who don't act flaming. They walk and talk normally, and while some of the people were born with those voices and things, I don't think that they should prance around and skip and act like girls just to get across the point they are gay. One that I know does that, and it is annoying. If you just act normal and quit acting different to get across the point that you are gay and proud, I don't think there would be so much criticism.

Other then the fact that they go out of their way to make sure people know they are gay (which isn't that annoying to me I just think they would have a better reputation in society if they acted like everyone else, not hiding being gay, but not being so flamboyant), I would only declare "WRONG!" if one approached me and started talking and acting around me, hitting on me basically. And I know a lot of them do hit on guys. I'm straight, and everybody knows it, do not approach me and create a scene because I don't swing that way. Continue being gay, just don't hit on straight guys, because that also causes problems.

"God did not intend it" is something I have heard from anti-gay bashers. If god did not intend something to happen, as the almighty and powerful, why wouldn't he have stopped or not even created it at all? That goes for all arguments involving the fact that "God didn't intend it". If he didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't happen.

Being gay is fine, but it is when you shove it in peoples faces and start acting flamboyant that problems arise.

My great grandpa is gay, but he married a woman specifically because of gay bashing and the fact he was scared out of his mind that someone would kill him or he would be considered an outcast or menace to society. He stayed with my great grandma for a long time, then left her and went out to be gay when it was considered somewhat acceptable to be gay.

Being gay is like being a different colored skin or having a different religion, you were born this way, you have lived this way, and people should accept you that way.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I am perfectly fine with people being gay or lesbian. I'm not a real activist in the gay rights movement, mostly because my school is more homophobic then any school I've ever been to, and even the teachers would laugh if you went up and said "I support the right to marry someone of your own gender".

Some people are born that way, for most it's not a choice, it's just the way they were when they came out of the womb.

I know a couple bi's. One was more gay then straight, I think he just said he was bi so there would not be so much criticism. He was annoying as hell, and his voice become unbearable when he yelled, but he was a nice guy.

I know there are quite a few more in the school then I think, and I do agree with the bi's who don't act flaming. They walk and talk normally, and while some of the people were born with those voices and things, I don't think that they should prance around and skip and act like girls just to get across the point they are gay. One that I know does that, and it is annoying. If you just act normal and quit acting different to get across the point that you are gay and proud, I don't think there would be so much criticism.

Other then the fact that they go out of their way to make sure people know they are gay (which isn't that annoying to me I just think they would have a better reputation in society if they acted like everyone else, not hiding being gay, but not being so flamboyant), I would only declare "WRONG!" if one approached me and started talking and acting around me, hitting on me basically. And I know a lot of them do hit on guys. I'm straight, and everybody knows it, do not approach me and create a scene because I don't swing that way. Continue being gay, just don't hit on straight guys, because that also causes problems.

"God did not intend it" is something I have heard from anti-gay bashers. If god did not intend something to happen, as the almighty and powerful, why wouldn't he have stopped or not even created it at all? That goes for all arguments involving the fact that "God didn't intend it". If he didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't happen.

Being gay is fine, but it is when you shove it in peoples faces and start acting flamboyant that problems arise.

My great grandpa is gay, but he married a woman specifically because of gay bashing and the fact he was scared out of his mind that someone would kill him or he would be considered an outcast or menace to society. He stayed with my great grandma for a long time, then left her and went out to be gay when it was considered somewhat acceptable to be gay.

Being gay is like being a different colored skin or having a different religion, you were born this way, you have lived this way, and people should accept you that way.

I do understand what you're saying, but you just have to try and remember a few things.

For one, not everyone intentionally "prances around and skips and acts like girls just to get across the point they are gay." Yes, there ARE some people who put on an act to get their point across, but a lot of people simply act this way because, well, this is how they are! You have to remember, do YOU consciously decide how you walk or act? Or does your walk/voice/demeanor just come naturally to you? It isn't any different for some gay people.

Secondly, part of the problem is something that you said. You say that they would have an easier time in society if they just "acted like everyone else," but at the same time, didn't hide the fact that they were gay. It's somewhat silly to tell people it's OKAY to be gay, but only if they act and think and speak like everyone else does... it's kind of like shoving gay people into a corner of a room and just ignoring them. In order to NOT hide the fact that they're gay, they HAVE to act like themselves. Whether it causes heads to turn or not, it's just something that should be accepted. People can't pick and choose what they like about homosexuality, saying one aspect of it is okay, but another aspect isn't.

Third and last, just a quick comment on your "hitting on you" bit. Consider, there are women out there who are lesbians, and countless of men no doubt hit on them and make passes towards them without even a second thought. It goes to say that these women very well might be offended by having a straight man hitting on them. The point is, some gay guys don't hit on straight guys just to "bother them" or to annoy them -- it's just a habit for some people: you hit on people you're interested in, regardless of what THEIR sexual orientation may be.

Most of that probably doesn't make sense. :???: Just putting in my two cents.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

So when did you choose to be straight? When did you choose who/what you're attracted to?

I never decided I'd be straight. I'll be with whoever makes me happy, male or female. It's pathetic that you insist you have no control over your sexual orientation. I'm guessing you can't quit smoking either? Or diet well?

Just get over the fact that you can't prove that your OPINION is right, because by definition it can't be right.

SoLawny.png

Dieting and smoking are not the same as sexuality. You can't decide who you are attracted to, it is a matter of personal taste just like how you can't choose to like certain foods.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

How is homosexuality natural if a practicing homosexual usually has a 20-25 year shorter lifespan?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

[quote name='Cynic' date='25 October 2009 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1256475739' post='3934025'

]Very good points, except for the fact that it isn't a choice.

I never decided I'd be straight. I'll be with whoever makes me happy, male or female. It's pathetic that you insist you have no control over your sexual orientation. I'm guessing you can't quit smoking either? Or diet well?

Just get over the fact that you can't prove that your OPINION is right, because by definition it can't be right.

Please stop acting arrogant and rude. You are insisting your views are correct, which is the wrong thing to do no matter who's right.

Anyway. As 1_man_army said, smoking and dieting are completely different than a sexual orientation. You are born with one, the other two are choices that you make and the lifestyle you live. What would you say to pedophiles? Or zoophiliacs? They will most certainly insist that their sexual orientation wasn't a choice. It isn't. If you want, I will find multiple sources that prove that being gay is something you are born with. Or are you afraid of being wrong?

I'm an INTJ.

Wait...Cynic...

Are you a girl?

Do heterosexuals have a choice over their own sexuality then? Because I don't remember actively making that choice... Not a regret but a comment :razz:

How is homosexuality natural if a practicing homosexual usually has a 20-25 year shorter lifespan?

[citation needed]

I remember seeing it in an article, I'll go and look for it again, but I know that there were studies on it.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I've never heard that. Show me proof. About 3 different reliable sources and I will acknowledge it.

Do heterosexuals have a choice over their own sexuality then? Because I don't remember actively making that choice... Not a regret but a comment :razz:

[citation needed]

I remember seeing it in an article, I'll go and look for it again, but I know that there were studies on it.

Homosexuality is natural. It's seen in many other animal species.

And I don't plan on changing genders anytime soon either, does that mean that they are evil as well?

Homosexuality is natural. It's seen in many other animal species.

Female Koala bears have homosexual encounters 3 times as much as homosexual ones, cited here

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Other then the fact that they go out of their way to make sure people know they are gay.

I know a few gay lads and they certainly don't go out of their way to make sure people know they are gay.

howlin1eeveesig.png