Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

Homosexuality isn't really wrong, unless you're a Christian.

I'm a christian, but I think it is ok. I'm the "interpret the bible in your own way" Christian. I (unlike other belief-fundamentalists) think for myself. "Our" God is one of love, and that is what sexuality (in all its forms) is all about. God is supposed to love everybody. The bible is an ancient book, some stuff might be lost in translation, and it shouldn't be taken literally. IMO, it's a book full of metaphors, and guidelines (not rules) on how to live "properly".

That being said, I still find it awkward when I see 2 guys making out. I can't help it. And, along the same line, I'm quite the hypocrit just like Das. But then again, there's a lot of hypocrisy in Catholicism, so that fits :lol:

A Christian who thinks for themselves is a bit of a contradtiction in terms isn't it? lol

This has george carlin written all over it :lol:

I'm sure he said it at one point or another. I really liked Carlin and his comedy. he was so good I didn't carer about his political beliefs.

I don't think they're really is anything wrong with being gay or straight. I do think that pretty much all displays of your sexuality, whether they be homo or hetero, should be done in private.

I got a bit of a problem with transexuals though. To go through all that to mutilate your body strikes me as very disturbing. I know people want to be " a girl born as a man" and all that, but hey, it sucks. Take your lumps and get over it. I was born with a white girl butt and I wish that I had been born with a black girl butt, but oh well.

Not that I'd really want to be black anyway. A big [wagon] isn't worth all the crap you have to take. Being white is awesome. 8-)

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit of a problem with transexuals though. To go through all that to mutilate your body strikes me as very disturbing. I know people want to be " a girl born as a man" and all that, but hey, it sucks. Take your lumps and get over it. I was born with a white girl butt and I wish that I had been born with a black girl butt, but oh well.

Do you have any idea why people get transgender surgery? To wake up, every single day, and look at yourself and hate the body you're in is a terrible feeling. To feel like you don't belong in your own body isn't enjoyable. Have you ever been doing something and it just didn't feel right? You can't describe it, but it just feels wrong? Essentially, that's how they feel. And it's not done on a whim, either. You can't just walk in a clinic one day and have surgery scheduled for that afternoon. There's a very long, elaborate process to make sure that gender reassignment is what they want.

I'm sure he said it at one point or another. I really liked Carlin and his comedy. he was so good I didn't carer about his political beliefs.

I don't think they're really is anything wrong with being gay or straight. I do think that pretty much all displays of your sexuality, whether they be homo or hetero, should be done in private.

Not that I'd really want to be black anyway. A big [wagon] isn't worth all the crap you have to take. Being white is awesome. 8-)

I think you should do some research into what transexuality is... especially before you make harsh statements like that.

To transexual people, sexual reassignment surgery isn't really "mutilation." You're trapped in a body of the opposite sex, and the surgery just helps you to become your true self. It has nothing to do with "wanting" to be a man, or "wanting" to be a woman -- you are a man/woman, it's just that your body isn't.

Butts have no relevance to this topic.

And you should probably hold off on the racist comments maybe.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I really don't care actually. I know many people who are like this, and many of them are my friends actually. But as I said, I don't care... as long no man tries to be like that with me :lol:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Transsexual =! transsexual.

Some people crave for attention, or are messed up in the head. You have that type of transsexuals. Though, "true" transsexuals are born in the wrong body (development of male genitalia, while that particular part of development was supposed to be oppressed, for example). Their feelings, hormones, and all that don't match with the body that has been developed. That's a biological cause for transsexuality. And that's just something that can't be denied.

Or, some people are born as hermaphrodites. What if none of the genitalia are developed? What if you have XX, XY mocaizism? (that word is probably spelled wrong). In those cases, it's not even clear to you what you are. Some of those people just don't know what gender they are and HAVE to choose.

Transsexuality is not all that simple. Know what you are dealing with before judging.

men aernt full men, there like half men. Inferior to us masters... The hetrosexual

Obvious troll is obvious.

Is this all you do? Just go around trolling different threads?

I lol'd IRL. No just bieng devils advocate.

The Devil's advocate is supposed to point out why it's not right. Say, someone says it's right because it's natural, the DA would say that it isn't right because it doesn't allow for reproduction. A DA post to that would cite infertility, and so on.

If they wanna act like that why not get a sex change?

Do you actually know anything about transsexuals and why people have a sex change? It's not because they want to have sex with the same gender and be straight. #-o

I guess I came across wrong lol. I meant that if they want to talk like a girl and walk like a girl then why don't they just become a girl so I don't have to feel queezy every time they talk. I have nothing against them personally, it just gets to me.

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

Do you actually know anything about transsexuals and why people have a sex change? It's not because they want to have sex with the same gender and be straight. #-o

I guess I came across wrong lol. I meant that if they want to talk like a girl and walk like a girl then why don't they just become a girl so I don't have to feel queezy every time they talk. I have nothing against them personally, it just gets to me.

People don;t chose their voice or their walk, they occur naturally.

And regardless of you're point it was still utter fail. Just because a gay guy has a feminine voice and walk doesn't automatically mean he should have a sex change. Homosexuality and Transsexualism and are two completely independent things.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

People don;t chose their voice or their walk, they occur naturally.

And regardless of you're point it was still utter fail. Just because a gay guy has a feminine voice and walk doesn't automatically mean he should have a sex change. Homosexuality and Transsexualism and are two completely independent things.

I wasn't saying all gays should get a sex change. Pretty much people that try to express their gayness in public all the time bother me. I don't believe anyone's born gay, but that's just my opinion.

25632.jpg

Magma_Guard3.png

runescapeboomdeyadasigui7.jpg

People have every right to "express their gayness" as you put it.

But at the same time what you are attributing to "expressing gayness" has no link to sexuality, all factors you mention are purely feminine or camp traits often stereotyped to gay men, that in reality are equally spread among gay, bi, and straight men.

As for I don't think anyone's born gay, to me that's wrong. I know a lot of people don't come out til late teens or even their 20s and 30s; but nearly everyone gay person you speak too in retrospect kind of knew from very early on in life (eg 8 - 12 age range). The idea you're upbringing factors into it is kinda bs imo, I mean I never knew a single gay person as a child, I went to a Christian Church school along with my brother etc etc nothing in my upbringing can at all be attributed to "making" me gay especially as my brother was exposed to almost all the exact same things and isn't gay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Um... what? -.-

First of all, you can't really say that gay people give you a "queezy" feeling, turn around and say you have "nothing against them personally" and THEN turn around and say "it just gets to you." Those three things are contradictory to one another -- clearly if gay people give you a queezy feeling, you have something against them personally...

And even if you came across wrong, it's still illogical. Did you choose the way that you talk? Did you choose the way that you walk? No; you're born with a voice and with legs. You have no say in the matter. As Paw said, expressed vocals/attitudes (finger snapping, "Girlfriend, pleeease" etc.) are just campy stereotypes.

And it's kind of silly to start a debate and then run away and hide when you get "pwned" in a thread.

:thumbdown:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

First of all, you can't really say that gay people give you a "queezy" feeling, turn around and say you have "nothing against them personally" and THEN turn around and say "it just gets to you." Those three things are contradictory to one another -- clearly if gay people give you a queezy feeling, you have something against them personally...

Picking your nose and eating it gives me a queezy feeling, but I'm fine with the idea that people should have the right to do it. I don't have anything against nose pickers.

Picking your nose and eating it gives me a queezy feeling, but I'm fine with the idea that people should have the right to do it. I don't have anything against nose pickers.

You're fine with the idea of them having a right to do it? Or you're fine with the actual act of picking your nose and eating it?

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm having trouble keeping up -- I graduated from high school years ago.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Homosexuality doesn't bother me unless it's directed towards me :/

Why does it bother you? I take it as a compliment! Just a simple, sorry mate, no thanks does the trick and they'll generally buy you a drink to be sure everything is all cool!

Me_Hate_Libs? White booty? neva!

SoLawny.png

Why does it bother you? I take it as a compliment! Just a simple, sorry mate, no thanks does the trick and they'll generally buy you a drink to be sure everything is all cool!

What I don't understand is why everyone seems to think that all gay men go around wanting to jump on any other male they encounter. It makes little sense to me, how people use the logic, "Well, it's okay... as long as they don't try and make a move on me..."

People, it's possible that we don't find you attractive and wouldn't bother making a move on you to begin with.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I'm indifferent about it. I could talk about religion, and how sex is only for procreation (i.e. Homosexuals can't reproduce), but there is more than enough procreation going on.

I have quite a few gay friends, some are quite obvious and open about it, some are more reserved, but I actually find them funner to be around than most of my straight friends.

Just for the record, I am straight.

What I don't understand is why everyone seems to think that all gay men go around wanting to jump on any other male they encounter. It makes little sense to me, how people use the logic, "Well, it's okay... as long as they don't try and make a move on me..."

People, it's possible that we don't find you attractive and wouldn't bother making a move on you to begin with.

That one gets me as well, previous friends who go

"I don't how to act around you now you're probably eying me up" and such.

It's like:

a) Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I find all guys attractive

B) I can differentiate between a friend and a love interest. In the same way a straight guy can have female friends.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not everybody thinks that. Some of us are more than capable of telling the difference. Others are just so arrogant they don't believe somebody would think they aren't attractive. I bet even a few are closet cases themselves that are hoping they are being hit on.

SoLawny.png

A homosexual person has never done anything to harm me so therefore i dont think its wrong.

It's the person's choice and if they want to be homosexual then all the power to them, the only ones i have a problem with is the women homosexuals that act masculine and the male homosexuals that act feminine. I think its degrading to themselves

Vppunkrocker.png