Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

johntm

It's the person's choice and if they want to be homosexual then all the power to them, the only ones i have a problem with is the women homosexuals that act masculine and the male homosexuals that act feminine. I think its degrading to themselves

How so?

How do you feel about straight guys that act somewhat feminine? Or straight females that act somewhat masculine?

Just curious.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homosexuality doesn't bother me unless it's directed towards me :/

Why does it bother you? I take it as a compliment! Just a simple, sorry mate, no thanks does the trick and they'll generally buy you a drink to be sure everything is all cool!

What I don't understand is why everyone seems to think that all gay men go around wanting to jump on any other male they encounter. It makes little sense to me, how people use the logic, "Well, it's okay... as long as they don't try and make a move on me..."

People, it's possible that we don't find you attractive and wouldn't bother making a move on you to begin with.

They get this from watching the parades, which is what most people see. You have to admit, those parades are ghastly. In terrible taste. Maybe it's the assless chaps? :roll:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Why does it bother you? I take it as a compliment! Just a simple, sorry mate, no thanks does the trick and they'll generally buy you a drink to be sure everything is all cool!

What I don't understand is why everyone seems to think that all gay men go around wanting to jump on any other male they encounter. It makes little sense to me, how people use the logic, "Well, it's okay... as long as they don't try and make a move on me..."

People, it's possible that we don't find you attractive and wouldn't bother making a move on you to begin with.

They get this from watching the parades, which is what most people see. You have to admit, those parades are ghastly. In terrible taste. Maybe it's the assless chaps? :roll:

I'd agree what gets into the main stream media of pride parades doesn't do any good in stopping homophobia, but I don;t see how any of it suggests gay men would jump on any other guy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd agree what gets into the main stream media of pride parades doesn't do any good in stopping homophobia, but I don;t see how any of it suggests gay men would jump on any other guy.

When you see a Gay Pride parade, you don't see people gladly expressing their sexuality. What you see is people rather arrogantly shoving the entire gay culture into people's faces. I personally don't know what cowboys in assless leather chaps, feathered boas, or dressing up like Marilyn Monroe have anything to do with who you sleep with.

Like I've said before, it's all really bad taste. And it's what most people think of. We are beings of limited brain space and are so blitzed with mental images that it's often the extremes that we most remember. We don't remember the accountant with the excellent taste in clothes. We don't remember the soft spoken librarian with perfectly clean and clipped fingernails. We remember the guys enacting a scene of what it would be like for a gay man to give birth as a man dresses up like a baby and slides his way out of a paper maiche butthole while on a float.

When you see a Gay Pride parade, you don't see people gladly expressing their sexuality. What you see is people rather arrogantly shoving the entire gay culture into people's faces. I personally don't know what cowboys in assless leather chaps, feathered boas, or dressing up like Marilyn Monroe have anything to do with who you sleep with.

Like I've said before, it's all really bad taste. And it's what most people think of. We are beings of limited brain space and are so blitzed with mental images that it's often the extremes that we most remember. We don't remember the accountant with the excellent taste in clothes. We don't remember the soft spoken librarian with perfectly clean and clipped fingernails. We remember the guys enacting a scene of what it would be like for a gay man to give birth as a man dresses up like a baby and slides his way out of a paper maiche butthole while on a float.

For all that babble you failed to actually respond to my point.

I said I agree what gets into mainstream media does no good for homophobia.

But I don't see how ANY of that relates to the concept that any gay guy will jump on anybody who is male.

The parades certainly promote the overly camp stereotype but they don't suggest gay guys will jump any guy at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1) I think the media does it's best to gloss over the issues with homosexuals, except for Fox News of course, lol

2) I think the issues is that the parades give off this idea of some kind of hypersexuality. The idea that a gay man will jump anything and anyone if it can have sex with it. Whether that man is gay or not. I totally agree it's not true that they will, but I can certainly see how it comes off like they would. And you must remember, most straight guys are very protective of their little butts. They think that any kind of rectal stimulation is homosexual in nature regardless of the gender of the person performing the act.

I don't understand how a guy can view a girl stimulating that area can believe that it is gay or that other people think it's gay. I always thought that being gay was men having sex with another man. I don't get how anything done between a man and a woman is gay. :?

Most straight guys are more open about it especially when they learn the male equivalent of the gspot is situated up there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Most straight guys are more open about it especially when they learn the male equivalent of the gspot is situated up there

Well, I've talked about it before with my friends, and though they are young and most are pretty open sexually, a lot have the gay stigma when it comes to their backdoor teasures. :P

A homosexual person has never done anything to harm me so therefore i dont think its wrong.

It's the person's choice and if they want to be homosexual then all the power to them, the only ones i have a problem with is the women homosexuals that act masculine and the male homosexuals that act feminine. I think its degrading to themselves

There are so many things wrong with this post...

We just spent 30 pages about how it is now a choice. Tell me, kind poster, why anyone would CHOOSE to be a minority that is openly discriminated against.

Also, how is acting a different gender degrading of oneself at all? Sounds like some sort of paradoxical sexism to me.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Tell me, kind poster, why anyone would CHOOSE to be a minority that is openly discriminated against.

The same reason someone wants to become an emo.

I don't think homosexuality is a choice though. You can't control whatever physically "turns you on".

I wouldn't say it's a choice, nor would I say they are all born that way. Some are made gay through events that have happened in their life.

I have an aunt that's gay and I wholeheartedly believe the reason why was due to her father sexually molesting her as a child.

I wouldn't say it's a choice, nor would I say they are all born that way. Some are made gay through events that have happened in their life.

I wouldn't say they are *made* to be gay, but this is pretty much it.

SoLawny.png

Maybe I'll phrase it that things such as this make it impossible for them to have any sort of sexual relationship with a man after a man has done that to them.

So what's left? Tuna surprise. :roll:

Maybe I'll phrase it that things such as this make it impossible for them to have any sort of sexual relationship with a man after a man has done that to them.

So what's left? Tuna surprise. :roll:

I just don't like the phrasing in that context. I'm a strong believer that you aren't forced to do or believe anything. If you truly want to change, you can. Willpowa!

SoLawny.png

Traumatic events lead to life altering changes. I know who few guys who'd love to go gay after some of the girlfriends they've had.

I guess we have our first agree to disagree situation :ohnoes:

SoLawny.png

Not really. I agree that they can go back to being a hetero under certain circumstances. If they were dtermined to do it. Yes, willpower is a very strong thing. But not everyone has it, not everyone uses it. And under no circumstances should you try to revert to heterosexuality at a Christian camp for gays. :evil:

Not really. I agree that they can go back to being a hetero under certain circumstances. If they were dtermined to do it. Yes, willpower is a very strong thing. But not everyone has it, not everyone uses it. And under no circumstances should you try to revert to heterosexuality at a Christian camp for gays. :evil:

I mean I don't agree traumatic events lead to life altering changes in all cases. As the saying goes, dying changes everything. Almost dying changes nothing.

SoLawny.png

I mean I don't agree traumatic events lead to life altering changes in all cases. As the saying goes, dying changes everything. Almost dying changes nothing.

Almost dying always makes you have to change one thing.

Your underwear. ::'

Sexuality kinda of has a scale to it.

There is an "official" one somewhere

Where it ranges from like 1 is pure hetro to 10 pure gay with 10 being utterly bi.

But the majority tested are like 3 - 7 whihc are the kind of people who can change.

If you are to the extremes of hetro or homo I think there no changing you, but if you're more centre ground I think it is possible to change, thou not as a chocie.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Someone mentioned on the previous page not understanding where the flamboyance of the Gay Pride Parades came from?

It's not an arbitrary thrusting of our sexuality in your faces, it actually comes from our culture. The theatre and circus cultures were the only places where homosexuality was even remotely accepted at the start and throughout the first half of the twentieth century and its where a lot of gay culture comes from. So we celebrate that part of ourselves which is flamboyant.

I don't really get why this part of our heritage is particularly offensive. I understand that it may not be the way you behave personally, but for the most part heterosexual culture in the media is at least as sexualised as a gay pride parade. How many times in TV have i seen T & A used to sell products, both in as extreme manner and in more subtle ways. It is present in drama and in life too. Part of why the flamboyancy appeals to us is the concept of coming out of the closet.

There simply isnt a comparable heterosexual ritual in western culture, but in homosexual culture one must face up to oneself, and strip away the external perceptions and replace them with something born from within, dedicating ourselves to revealing at least one truth about ourselves. Having something like gay pride once a year (and do bear in mind this is only a once a year event, hardly the most bothersome thing in the world for anyone not involved) allows us to reaffirm our decision to come out of the closet in a joyful and celebratory way together with similar people. It's a fun and vibrant activity and is meant as harmless entertainment.

At least in the city I live (Newcastle Upon Tyne), it adds local colour, where I am is a tolerant place and the pride march adds local colour and increases tourism, a march through the city which finishes in a festival in one of the cities parks. Many of us dress up to the nines for this event, and romp around playing silly beggars with the local shoppers all of whom take it in great spirits.

It actually occurs to me that part of the origins of this go back even further in time, we are all taking upon ourselves the archetype of the fool for day which has a very functional utility in a culture. Not sure whether anyone might have any interest in discussing that though.

Where it ranges from like 1 is pure hetro to 10 pure gay with 10 being utterly bi.

But the majority tested are like 3 - 7 whihc are the kind of people who can change.

If you are to the extremes of hetro or homo I think there no changing you, but if you're more centre ground I think it is possible to change, thou not as a chocie.

Am I the only one who noticed 10 is gay and 10 is also Bi?

And am I the only one who noticed you seem kinda intoxicated?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Am I the only one who noticed 10 is gay and 10 is also Bi?

And am I the only one who noticed you seem kinda intoxicated?

lol reading tht bk I only get the vaguest sense of what I was on about, I'm gonna guess I was rather tired or distracted while writing it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg