The Runescape Economic: Should Jagex intervere?

Behind_you0

Please read the whole post before reacting, otherwise we could misunderstand each other. Forgive me my grammar mistakes.

No flames, it's just a tought! It isn't a suggestion, it's something we can discuss.

We all know the prices of armourpieces, weapons and other monster drops are falling. Being a higher level just isn't profitable anymore. I know most Americans, and maybe other western countries disgust when the government is too much present in the economics. Though, listen to the next scenario.

The Secondhand Dealer

- System Update -. A whole new store opens up, P2P only, in Ardougne. It's the Secondhand Dealer.

What does this mysterious Dealer do? He buys all Dragon, Whip, Black mask, Barrows and other expensive drops against a set price by Jagex. He wont sell anything, so it's out of the game when you sell it.

For example, he will buy a Dragon Square Shield for 3M. What happens now? The people who want a Dragon Square, will have to raise their price above 3M, because otherwise no-one sells to them, because they can sell it without hassle. It functions like a guideline for prices.

Pro's and Con's. Think with me to get more.

Pro's

- Drops will be worth getting again.

- Higher levels will be rewarded.

- People who rather lose 200k instead of half an hour can just sell it.

- You will not be merchanted anymore.

- Solid prices.

Con's

- It's against the free market principe.

- Will cause more inflation.

- Will take items out of the game, thus getting them rarer.

Your opinion, please :D.

*Mods, if you still think this is a suggestion rather then a discussion, move it.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

Unnecessary? The Dragon Med now is around 300k, Shield left half 250k.

In my opinion it's far too low for a rare drop like those.

Whip's are still becoming cheaper, but the way too Slayer 85 is hard.

Why raise your Slayer to level 85 for Whip's, if a merchant can make the same money in 3 hours? Ok, you get xp and levels, but I think the money is also an important thing.

sigdk2fa4.png

It's already in the game.... it's called a GENERAL STORE. Well not really but I don't think Jagex is going to do something about this since they knew these items were going to drop in price by releasing new and better ones.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I read this.

I absorbed the information.

What I got was:

BOO HOO I can kill the old rare drop monsters and get the old rare items, but now they aren'tworth as much because there are better items and I can't kille the monsters to get them so pleas please intefer with the free market to save me having to train.

D med is rare, D full is BETTER and rarer hence d med drops

D sq is rare, dfire shield is BETTER and rarer hence d sq drops

See the pattern?

The prices drop becus the demand is gone to the better items.

Rs is an every growing ever changing game, u can't expect an item to not drop in value, simnply becuz there is ALWAYS going to be a better item released eventually.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't care I get less money. I care about the dropping prices of good items due to overkilling. I think my level are high enough to kill Mithril Dragons to get the Full Helm, I got myself a Visage.

You see? It's not about me.

Whip is still the best weapon ingame right? (yeah, now someone will come and say: No it isn't DDS is best yeah fine) It's 1.5M.

How many hours does it cost to level Slayer 85? Lots. The reward was supposed to be the chance to get the best weapon ingame for free. Not just a few RC hours.

sigdk2fa4.png

Hmmm, I like that whole idea, but the inflation would be kinda rowdy...

All in all, it probably would have the same effect on the economy as Construction did when it debuted, because it would be shocking the system, and making a HUGE change in how everything works.

But yea, it would probably help curb alot of this massive deflation, and make it a little better to have a higher level.

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

lvl 85 slayers report an average of 3 - 5 whips a day from playing an average of about 4 hours.

1.5m a whip that makes 4.5m - 7.5m for a few hours work

on average

I'd say that's plenty enough

and again I say - all items drop in time

If you wanna be like that why not make them shop charge 1m for full rune?

That is a rare drop/player-made item which was worth around 1m when it first came out, hell even leap bk a few years pre-barrows and it was still 250k - 300k a set.

Now its lucky to fetch 100k

All items drop in value as the better items come out,but the best items fromdrops still remain at more than adequate prices.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Unnecessary? The Dragon Med now is around 300k, Shield left half 250k.

In my opinion it's far too low for a rare drop like those.

Whip's are still becoming cheaper, but the way too Slayer 85 is hard.

Why raise your Slayer to level 85 for Whip's, if a merchant can make the same money in 3 hours? Ok, you get xp and levels, but I think the money is also an important thing.

They were only expensive in the first place because they were rare - they have (mostly) obsolete stats now compared to the new items being released. Whips are getting cheaper because more and more people are getting 85 slayer. Most people don't bother getting 85 slayer anymore (or at least solely for killing Abyssal Demons) because there's already so many lvl-85 slayers that the value of the whip has dropped dramatically. As it stands now, the best money-making skill is 91 runecrafting, which more and more people are beginning to pursue. So the prices are fair, if not too high - who wants to pay 300k for a useless item like a D Med? People used to slay certain monsters solely for those drops, but nobody does that anymore because it's no longer profitable. They may get a D med spontaneously from a drop but they won't freak out about it because of its low value. Thus, the prices of non-rares are at those prices for a good reason. It's only a matter of time before barrows armor gets to an affordable level in which everybody with 70+ defence can afford it to PK with. When that happens, the term "rune pure" will be gone (along with the 1 def pures which are already getting massacred now).

77yLQy8.png

lvl 85 slayers report an average of 3 - 5 whips a day from playing an average of about 4 hours.

1.5m a whip that makes 4.5m - 7.5m for a few hours work

on average

I'd say that's plenty enough

That would be true, but the drop rate is about 1:1000 now, and many slayers report not getting a whip for days on end. Granted, it's still good combat experience, but it's not the motherload of money it once was.

nh.jpg

Where do you get that from? From what i've heard, that's extremely off from what's actually gottten. But regardless, supply of whips is rising.

Anyway, i think it'd be interesting to see how it turns out, but the key to this is demand. There just isn't a demand for these items, so they're price is dwindling. Coupled with more people getting them, that's what happens. For instance, a 700k D Med Price would not make people buy d meds more, it would make less people buy, because no one wants one if they aren't that great and cost that high. Besides, they can get something else for a higher price, but still make a better investment.

I got my figures from around 20 mates hu are slayers and thier other slayer mates

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No, they should not interfere. Think about what would happen if our government started taking things away from us unless we sold for a high enough or low enough price. Businesses would die, and owners would go crazy.

lalalasig2.png

Why is everything about money for people? It sounds clicḫ̩̉̉, but money isn't the only thing in the game. Why do I have a dragon med and dragon square? Is it because they are cheap? No! It's because they are awesome to have, and they look great. You people are far too money hungry, and it shows by the way you are typing even. Did you seriously spell "who" "hu?" You can't tell me that's to "type faster," because (no, not becuz) it's not!

You want money like I want literacy in this game, but the sad part is: Jagex can't help you with either of those.

I Belive it is a good idea *with some more work* its like if you have a expensive item and you've been trying for DAYS to sell it you dont care how low the price is you just want decent money, unlike the GS it will be decent money... no need to make it higher than wrld 2 prices it just needs to be higher than a GS. Also he should SELL the items that he buys BUT at a higher price than wrld 2 prices (that eliminates the hours of getting low/scamming prices for the full guth you want)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

It's funny...every so often I've noticed that a post like this will come along. Let me ask you this,

Why in the world would the staffers of Jagex care what the price is for item XYZ?

Rares and that whole market is a perfect example. The items do nothing..they aren't combat oriented, they don't help skills, yet people willingly pay exhorbitant amounts for them. Prices of anything in the game that aren't purchasable from a store are all player set. If no one is willing to pay $X for item YZ, then it won't sell. Obviously, prices dropped on Meds and left halfs because no one was buying them.

I had the same idea last night :shock: Might be interesting but merching would still be possible. If a dragon sq is then worth 3m someone who has one will sell it and now be able to merchant in this new economy. But merching would not be on such a large scale any more. Also want to know what will happen to f2p? They should do something similar with all the different armours like rune and addy. Rune prices have been droping a little to much for my likeing. Gold farming might become an even more serious problem.

Get me a whopper!

I had the same idea last night :shock: Might be interesting but merching would still be possible. If a dragon sq is then worth 3m someone who has one will sell it and now be able to merchant in this new economy. But merching would not be on such a large scale any more. Also want to know what will happen to f2p? They should do something similar with all the different armours like rune and addy. Rune prices have been droping a little to much for my likeing. Gold farming might become an even more serious problem.

There already is one for rune and addy. It's called high alchemy. Full rune will never fall below 130k. Full addy will never fall below 15k. Otherwise, it would be more beneficial to alch instead of sell.

nh.jpg