How would your heaven/paradise look like?

kelem_ryu

I'd be really curious to know how you picture heaven/paradies to be. I don't want this to be seen as a religious question. If you have a religious view on this, maybe say wich religion. If you aren't into religion or don't believe in heaven/paradise then just picture how it would look like to suit you. Make it as fancy or plain as you want it to be!

Remember it's about how paradise/heaven would look for you, (if it were real). If you don't believe in such things, it shouldn't stop you from imagining it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will find out when I get there. All the manifestations of Heaven are metaphysical like John's vision of the Apocalypse. The majority of that prophecy is figurative, too. So, we will see.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I will find out when I get there. All the manifestations of Heaven are metaphysical like John's vision of the Apocalypse. The majority of that prophecy is figurative, too. So, we will see.

I guess i have to change my post a little. The question is how you want it to be, rather then how you'd expect it to be.

How I want it to be is irrelevant, as it's already there waiting for me. I figure I owe enough to having an afterlife to enjoy what I get.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Don't think you guys understand his question. Even if you aren't religious you can answer it, its pretty much what you'd want your heaven to be like. (if there was one, that is). :P

Me, I'd love it sort of like a futuristic city kind of area. Tons of technology around everywhere and of course its all peace so none of the buildings are corporations. Somewhere where you can go do anything you want at various places, that kind of thing.

And then somewhere far away from it a peaceful mountainous area, just for when you want to get away. Being able to move between the two easily is a must.

Also, food. When you eat you don't gain weight and it is purely optional. You can eat anytime you wish and never feel very hungry or full. :P

Man.. that'd be paradise there.

I don't think anything interesting comes from perfection. So I'd probably want it to be a place where questions still go unanswered and controversy still has a place, because from that arises art and expression and everything I'm intersested in. I fear that if i entered perfection I'd kill myself through boredom. So my perfect heaven would be an imperfect place.

To quote my favourite film;

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

I don't think anything interesting comes from perfection. So I'd probably want it to be a place where questions still go unanswered and controversy still has a place, because from that arises art and expression and everything I'm intersested in. I fear that if i entered perfection I'd kill myself through boredom. So my perfect heaven would be an imperfect place.

To quote my favourite film;

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

thats so true.. the wisest thing i've seen on the net for quite some time

Tk5SF.png

I picture it being in another dimension. The floor is misty, and everyone I ever knew or wanted to know is always available. Everyone looks the best they ever looked to everyone else. And people just chill and talk with each other. I don't have much else envisioned. Unfortunately though, there is that whole shortage of chairs issue.

Nothingness. Nirvana. And end of consciousness.

Life's great, but I'm not a fan of it being eternal.

[if that's the question >_<.]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Think white. just white, no tangible ground space walls or anything, just whiteness stretching to infinity in all directions, nothing tangible at all. I can walk pretty much anywhere, because there is no floor ceiling or walls. So there is no real up or down, either, i can switch my orientation and walk "up" or "down" in relation to where i am, or i can go forwards or whatever. And I basically have God-like powers, anything i want to have there i can make be there, any scenes, people, things. It would truly be the ultimate paradise because it can be whatever i want it to be.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Think white. just white, no tangible ground space walls or anything, just whiteness stretching to infinity in all directions, nothing tangible at all. I can walk pretty much anywhere, because there is no floor ceiling or walls. So there is no real up or down, either, i can switch my orientation and walk "up" or "down" in relation to where i am, or i can go forwards or whatever. And I basically have God-like powers, anything i want to have there i can make be there, any scenes, people, things. It would truly be the ultimate paradise because it can be whatever i want it to be.

Are you kidding? I'd be bored and frustrated out of my mind. Being God wouldn't be that much fun,. I mean, you'd have a few billion folks unable to see you and figure that you don't exist.

Personally, if i were "God", I'd just kill everything and walk away whistling. :mrgreen:

Oh as for Heaven, I find it hard to imagine a place to spend eternity in, and not get bored eventually. The only thing that would be worthwhile is to see everyone I knew who died come back and live with me and those are alive, immortally. Oh, and plenty of food would be good too.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

That sounds pretty lonely to me :(

wwidas6.jpg

A place where whatever you imagine happens, or appears. If that can't happen, then I'de have to say Valhalla. Fountains that give a never ending supply any drink you choose, then the longhall with infinite ammounts of every food, and a battleground, if you are killed in battle you are just reborn in the long hall. Stuff like that.

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered.

Hail to the wiki! For all your information needs.

I'm not really very imaginative, so what I'd probably like it to be my life exactly as it is when I'm alive, only with a higher concentration of nice things happening. Not so high that I can expect anything I want to happen, but high enough that I can think to myself "wow, lots of nice things have happened recently".

Actually, no, I change my paradise.

Id like mine to be everyone lives in the wild. Theres no government or society to tell us what to do, and everyone gets on, so theres no crime or fighting.

Theres no T.V for people to lounge around watching, theres no video games, or technology for that matter.

Everyone lives in colonys, and they help each other, fending for themselves in these familys.

The habitat that everyone lives in is forest and desert. There are seas as there are now, and there are the mammals that live in there as they are now.

Everyone speaks just one language, and they have also all got the intelligence of building simple houses by the time they are aged 5.

The food that people eat are things that they can find, and the water is the water out of lakes. The age expectancy is around 100 years old.

And thats about it.

Beer volacono and the stripper factory lol, see if anyone gueses that.

In all seriosness I have no clue, idealy id like a little island where I could be self sufficient. An internet connection port would be nice to, lol

Actually, no, I change my paradise.

As often as you want to!

Keep them coming!

Lol, thanks.

I just thought of something else to add to my paradise aswell.

Everyone has their own animal which they catch and raise (sort of like pokemon, but no battling).