renamed by pop. demand... clan chat problems

kaosmerchant

Hello. I'm here to complain about Tip.It's clan chat. IT used to be ok, but now that it's public, spammers are there by the handful, with not enough people with kicking ability. Also, flaming wars are starting, and what used to be quite a pleasant chat is now almost unbearable. :wall: :evil:

Anyway, could a mod, admin, or some other Tip.It staff please bring this to the attention of whoever owns the tipitchat account? we need more moderators ( a LOT more), and more enforced rules on the flaming and spamming. I hate not being able to do anything except ask them to stop, and then add the spammer to my ignore list.

It's getting out of hand, and I'm sure most of you agree. Please support and bump this thread!

Thanks,

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

Send me a PM if you'd like any style of sig done - I'd be glad to help you out.

What is the clan chat channel name?

its "tipitchat" without quotes.

Try tip it's unofficial irc chat, #tip-it.

I could, but that wouldn't fix the original problem at hand. We just needs more mods or something.

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

On irc.swiftirc.net it is #tip-it.

But I agree. Ingame chat is just a pool to report people..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I agree...but if im not mistaken..only tif mods can be mods on the chat :-k ...dont ask for a rank...you wont get one

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

The Tipitchat account is owned by Lightning (Admin). This issue has been addressed in private among the rest of the staff and we are working on solutions. If things get too out of hand, there is a possibility that the chat may become unsupported, and so what happens happens without intervention of staff, except for when they're present.

Tip.It Mods and Crew can have rank if they want, and the possibility of civilian moderators has been brought up. That's all the more I can disclose at this point. I ask that you do not pm Lightning asking to become a civilian moderator; If any will be chosen, we will choose them on our own, and asking to be one will almost guarantee you not becoming one.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Today had to of been the worst I've ever seen. Account after account of spammers. No mods on, only p-mods who did or did not mute them.

Prove is on page 8 of the stickied thread: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=686 ... &start=140

There was over 10 accounts I saw spamming. I was only on for 4-5 hours.

About the best I can recommend is that if you see a spammer, simply add him to your ignore list and that will take care of the problem for that specific person for good.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

how about try Tip.It's offical chat, #runescape on irc.tip.it ...

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

About the best I can recommend is that if you see a spammer, simply add him to your ignore list and that will take care of the problem for that specific person for good.

Not exactly. I'm pretty sure it was one person making account after account, since there was a break of 10-25 minutes in between each spammer, which could account for tut island.

We add them to ignore, its not an ip ban, and they will just come back in on another account if their bent out on spamming. And don't say this is highly unlikely, 4 pure sites and 1 fansite forums have been hacked, and it surrounds one person. Its not a permanent solution, but the one hour banning is much more effective.

Not exactly. I'm pretty sure it was one person making account after account, since there was a break of 10-25 minutes in between each spammer, which could account for tut island.

We add them to ignore, its not an ip ban, and they will just come back in on another account if their bent out on spamming. And don't say this is highly unlikely, 4 pure sites and 1 fansite forums have been hacked, and it surrounds one person. Its not a permanent solution, but the one hour banning is much more effective.

I agree. I normally hate complaining, but spammers are a nuisance; and if every single person on the chat took the time to write in that characters name, it would take about 1000 times the effort than a chat mod right click then left clicking "kick spammer".

So basically, if we could find a way to get more mods that would be great. some suggestions; an elected new mod every 3-7 days? all mods in tip.it forums given kicking powers (of course unless they abuse that)?

We can probably get this under control with a little bit of effort, and I am completely wiling to do anything that can help with this cause.

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

A well-known public clan chat is obviously going to be full of people who aren't tifers. You can't really expect for 50 mods to be constantly banning people in the chats can you?.. :?

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

A well-known public clan chat is obviously going to be full of people who aren't tifers. You can't really expect for 50 mods to be constantly banning people in the chats can you?.. :?
I do expect atleast one to be in the chat. According to some posts, no mods are in the channel a lot.

Yes i defenitaly agree.

It has become and online pool of spam.

I there and i remember you complain about it.

I personally have no room on my ignore list to put some nooblet on it.

I just ignore it and go on.

Personally all the P mods havn'tmuted any spammers yet -.-

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

@ kilo

I'm not saying that only Tip.Iters should be allowed to use it. What you said sounds more like we're kicking for no reason, which is untrue. Mods would only benefit this chat; they would be able to kick all spammers, kick inappropriate chatting users, and keep topics mature and appealing to everyone. Also, get some more P-Mods in there, and we can get the spammers out for even longer (assuming they actually do something... master_smither makes a good point. Some P-Mods ignore the chaos that goes on in there).

Adding more Mods really can't help, and I'm just asking for some support and action on this subject.

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

how about try Tip.It's offical chat, #runescape on irc.tip.it ...

That's why I was thinking. Pretty much all the mods and admins go on #runescape. You can talk with them better here.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

LOL?

Don't go to #Tip-it its flame heaven. Also, people who are banned from TIF go there, so it's not really a Tip.It channel...

But, try come to Blogscape chat, not very many people. (Compared to Tipitchat)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Or, don't advertise other channels on here, since thats really not a solution. :-k

50 mods is an overdose, more like at least one on at all times. It would help prevent many hours of spamming. The only reason spammers come back is because they know they won't be punished.

Spammers, players advertising for other chat channels, and others are far too great in number for us to put on ignore list.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.