Chat Filter? Read on!! 5 Supporters!! ~~ With Pics!

I_Dragonov_I

Hi, some of you know me maybe, some don't. But that doesn't matter :P

As you know, an idea always exists if you find a problem. My problem is:

Always when you are in a crowded world like world 1, you can't see what people say.

So, what does matter, is my proposal:

A chat filter :thumbsup:

Edit: Zaaps1 (and me) were thinking of filling the Chat Filter Screen up with the opportunity to enter the words you don't want to receive, I'll edit the picture later on (got no time now, going to watch Southpark the Movie now with my friends :P

[hide=Supporters]

1. Fluffyzoe64

2. Scorpiona

3. istolethepie

4. Jakem888

5. decebal

6. StrPkBest

7. zaaps1

[/hide]

I'll explain to you how it will works with a picture, please beware of the fact I'm not a good Photoshopper:

chatfilterhx6.png

If you click on the "Filter" Icon, a small window like the Reporte Abuse Window will come up, like this:

chatfilter2he0.png

Note: I know that some of the letters aren't made very good, but it's just a sample of what I'm thinking off.

Edit: I got an idea now \'

But back to business; I'll explain again to you how to use. Suppose you are in world 1 (or 2, 3, 4, 5 etc) and there are alot of people selling and buying their stuff. U probably know that where are alot people, there is alot of text, so you can't read the chatbox to buy or sell anything.

That's why I came up with the idea of a Chat Filter!

Just click on the icon saying "Filter". (Or Chat Filter, I couldn't make that <3: )

Edit:Then a small window will apear, just type in the words or messages you want or don't want to receive and you will only or not* receive the messages with the words you typed in :D

*This depends on wether you filled in the form with the messages you want to receive, or the form with the messages you don't want to receive

Please, reply. I had alot of work on the pictures so I would appreciate it when you reply. Thank you for reading my idea :thumbsup:

PS: To all you Sig makers out there, maybe make a little siggy with the link to this thread? <3:

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

I like it, I support. Maybe also one for words you don't want?

I like it, I support. Maybe also one for words you don't want?

I was currently thinking of that one too, I'll edit in one of these days :thumbsup:

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

• 1 month later...

I don't support.

I'd make merchanting way too easy. Also can't u read the letters above the person they usually sayL (insert item for sale)----(insert name)

So then you know who's selling.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

i like it :thumbsup: but instead of filter out word u want you could filter in words u want or all word or something -.- though nobody gets me...

If you are reading this i hate you...

I don't deny that it is a good idea/suggestion. However, I have a feeling that this will never be implemented as something like this takes years to develop and extra servers may have to be established.

drapit.png

Hmm. My ideas:

1. Make it so when you click the filter button again the filter goes off.

2. All messages that contain the word you typed into the filter will be displayed and all messages said after you filter with the word in it are also shown, no other ones are.

The suggestion is ok, not something we really need, but you put some good thought into it. With a few fixes it should work well.

Like a few others I don't think Jagex will add this but you can add me to the list of supporters.

Nice concept though.

i like it, would certaintly help me on my mass coal/iron ore buying sprees :P

I support it

~ I farm, there for you eat

~ Got food? Thank a Farmer

farmer_dally.png

[98% of Tip-It's Community has a signature.

If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, put this in your... aww crap...]

Okay I agree with the idea of a filter to an extent, but I think it should find people using the words you want!

I mean you can filter out I don't know ummm... Barrows, but it doesn't stop obby, rune, addy, mystic, cavalier, etc. etc. to occur.

If you are looking for a particular item (which is usually why you are in such wordls trying to buy) then maybe type into the filter dragon, ddp++, etc. etc.

Therefore you still aren't inputting a thousand and one words to filter and instead one simple word, or maybe a few, to get what you want.

As to the (insert item)- --- (insert name) not everyone does this. Often i have seen "Selling rune scimitars" and thats it.