New Wilderness Update: Player > NPC in Single Area

muggiwhplar

EDIT: One question though, would a pker be able to use this feature when he is being attacked a npc him/herself? Like both people are under attack by npcs, would one player be able to hit the other player that way?

From what I've seen, if the pker is under attack by his own npc, he has to kill it before attacking you. But, since the update, I've only been attacked once, so my observations are hardly conclusive; it will take many more attacks and possible experimentation with friends to know for certain.

If I'm right, though, the meatshield strategy should still work to an extent; during my experience, the hobgoblin stopped attacking me when the pker started, but that same hobgoblin then turned on the pker, who seemed to want to keep hitting me, but was unable to until after the hobgoblin was dead.

And Valheru, you obviously aren't paying attention, since the Wild update came out almost a week before the Glouphrie post, which is where the confusion came from.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok after this been released for a while heres my thoughts.

Rcing is still easy and haven't been pked since I hop if needed. ( If constant loser(s) keep trying to get me.)

I don't train in Wilderness so not affected there.

Don't mine in Wilderness so " " " " " "

I got a clue atm which is in deep Wilderness but haven't gone since it's near Chaos Elemental but will try to do with some friends or something.

It annoys me how cowardly the users on this forum are - too many people are throwing a tantrum because they are "unsafe" in the wild. Not enough people on this forum enter the wilderness for its original purpose: to fight :roll:

I like to skill more so use the wilderness to skill. Maybe move the entire abyss then since the abyss has nothing to do with fighting.....

if the point is to stop green drag autos, then maybe it should only apply in members worlds. it serves no benefit in free worlds, and speaking as a free player myself, it has huge disadvantages. 1) much harder to mine runite (can't use spiders, hobbies, or ice giants/warriors) 2) it's harder to use wildy hobby mine 3) ice giant training/cosmic collecting (theres no way i'm going there after this update) and 4) also makes pking much eaiser. the only way to escape is rune to 20 wildy and tele!? bad Jagex, very bad :shame:

xchariotx.png

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."-Martin Luther King

"The Kingdom of God is anarchy"-Nicolas Berdyaev

I'm more curious about something other people have brought up...How does this affect wilderness clue scrolls?

If other players can override the NPCs involved with these, then I'll have an issue with this update...otherwise, I don't care; I've yet to be pked Abyss Crafting, and I don't do much else in the wild anyway.

Whats the difference, if some one wants to kill you at axe hut your going to die whether they have to wait 12 seconds while you kill the npc or not.

With what I wear for most of the clue scrolls, the chest overrides the entire sextant/watch/chart set, and therefore gets protected...If I have the time to dig a second time, I'll keep the chest, and get a fairly free trip to a safe zone to open it without being killed with the next clue or the reward.

But I wonder, why did you mention the axe hut? I've never been there, so anything involving that makes no difference to me.

Axe hut is a lvl 3 clue coordinate, guess you dont do as many clues as you claim to, its pretty common.

Okay, so the axe hut's apparently part of a level 3 clue scroll, you don't have to fight the axes for the next part, do you? I want to know if they can override the NPCs you have to fight to continue, like the Zamorak Wizard and the Double Agent.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png