New Wilderness Update: Player > NPC in Single Area

muggiwhplar

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it isn't a bug it's probably an update against the green dragon autoers

As the dragons won't protect them from, pkers nemore

well if their were sara mages in the wildy for clues, id [bleep] about this. but zammy mages arent really a big deal.

and autoers got owned

I really hope this will get fixed...

Being F2P, there are few methods of making money...and even fewer are decent. I mine adamantite ore for money, usually in the Wilderness (hobgoblin mine). It's single combat, so if pkers come, I just run north, let them get attacked by the goblins, then log out.

With this...*gulp*

Guess I'll just have to be more alert for white dots!

33vye4i.jpg

2re6ssn.jpg

Before we get into conclusions, can anyone actually confirm this? I seriously doubt Jagex would make an obviously dumb update like that.

Don't expect me to go into the wildy and willingly get killed by a pker though. :anxious:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

We know that you can attack someone who is attacking a NPC in single combat wild.

if you are attacking a NPC in single combat wild, can you attack someone? no running 10 squares and attacking, like attacking 1 sq away, while still having that NPC attacking you or going away.

if not, this means 1 of 2 things.

1) this was Jagex's intentions to lower autoers/gold farmers.

2) its a glitch.

however, its hard to tell what the intentions of jagex are. I think its a fine update to get rid of the autoers but i wont be going out there to try because i know a lot of other people will be thinking the same thing.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Before we get into conclusions, can anyone actually confirm this? I seriously doubt Jagex would make an obviously dumb update like that.

Don't expect me to go into the wildy and willingly get killed by a pker though. :anxious:

I confirmed it before I posted it :P

77yLQy8.png

Who cares about autoers when RCing just got screwed in the behind?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Who cares about autoers when RCing just got screwed in the behind?

I agree it was affected, but i dont think it was affected to a great extent. usually when i RC i get attacked out near level 1-2 and by the time i run up to the mage, i can already be attacked again, in which case a pker or a skeleton will attack me. i dont rc much, but i dont think in my own opinion, it was changed greatly.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

this could be bad. I think it will help combat the greeny macro problem (probably what jagex was thinking)

either that or a glitch. i noticed some wierd things happening while training in the past few weeks, ppl taking someones lesser in the middle of combat

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

Are you guys not getting it? :-s

If an autoer is attacking a dragon, and the dragon is attacking it back, how can someone join in? It is only if one person is attacking, if the green dragon is not fighting back, then they can get the autoer. I am pretty sure that is what the autoers do.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I dont see how this really effects rcing all that much.

1) 50% of the players using abyss either go up the east over the bridge, or dont run past the skeletons.

2) If you bring the right equipment & supplies, you can survive a pker attempt 98% of the time.

I get pked once in awhile using the abyss, and have never died. I never used the skeletons for my protection. Why?

I carry a teletab & sara brew each trip. Ya its 2 less essence, but with both of those & dhide armor, its almost impossible to be pked. So take your pick, 2 less essence per trip, or 1 less glory every time you die?

Anyways (more on topic)

One major badfall is the wilderness clues. Now doing a clue which requires killing a wizard, you will be open for attack. A person can run up, dds you, and you lose your clue before you even have a chance to drop items that keep over it.

Its a good and bad update, but I think the overall goodness of pking bots overweighs the losses.

dawnsigblue-3.png

If an autoer is attacking a dragon, and the dragon is attacking it back, how can someone join in? It is only if one person is attacking, if the green dragon is not fighting back, then they can get the autoer.

Are you joking?

77yLQy8.png

OK what the hell. So you are saying when I go mine at the best mining location in the game (hobgoblin mines) I can no longer use the hobgoblins as meat shields? Granted this won't completely "ruin" my ability to use that area and the glory I carry will let me glory out and if that doesn't work my ring of life will kick in (granted if I run a tad south to level 30)... but...

If it's single combat and I am engaged already in combat why would the game allow someone else to interfere and jump in and start attacking me? If this is true then I would have to think it is an unintentional outcome of something else they added into the coding as I can't see any reason why they would do this.

Well I guess besides mining, I am going to just start getting my hides from the brutal green dragons. If there is an important resource basically only accessible from the wilderness, then there needs to be at least some sort of safeguard in place to at least allow for someone unarmed for player to player to attempt an escape.

But, it's something new and brings another element into the game that wasn't there before so as much as I don't like the idea, I don't hate it either. Thanks for posting this here before I went out like normal thinking I was pretty safe using meat shields while I mined adamantite.

I wasn't able to read page 3 of this post as I kept getting a MySql error everytime I tried to load the page so if there is something there that makes this post look ridiculous please ignore :)

Edit: That's odd, before I posted it said there was a page 3, and after I posted i was taken to page three and I have the only post there. No wonder I was getting a MySql error :wall:

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

If an autoer is attacking a dragon, and the dragon is attacking it back, how can someone join in? It is only if one person is attacking, if the green dragon is not fighting back, then they can get the autoer.

Are you joking?

Lmao.

I think glories are going to raise in price because of this :-w

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I do pretty much all my training in the wild for mining, combat, rc ect and i LOVE this update.

Finally people cant run and x out with flowers every time they get killed.

And it never made sense that i couldnt be attacked while fighting.

Ya it's the wildy attacking other players is what it's used for.

So rcers quit whining it's just fair........

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This is good and bad. Good to help get rid of autos, but bad for the real players ddoing mage arena, killing green dragons and runecrafting. IMO the bad outweighs the good so they shouldn't have done it.

Hope it's a bug

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Dude, you can actually get Pk's at MB again. And no more x-logging, either.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2