New Wilderness Update: Player > NPC in Single Area

muggiwhplar

Confirmed:

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

I realize this is a hidden update and therefore would go in the sticky, but I feel like this particular update (unless it's a bug) could promote some sort of discussion.

Anyways... If you're engaged in combat with an NPC in the wilderness, another player can attack you - even if you're in a single-combat area. Is this good or bad? How will it affect you and/or other players?

A few situations to take into consideration:

You can now attack green dragon hunters who are being attacked by a dragon.

You can now attack runecrafters who are being attacked by a skeleton.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by earth warriors.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by magic axes.

You can now attack people who are being attacked by pirates.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by Zamorak/Guthix/Saradomin mages (the Mage Arena ones).

[Mod Edit: Title edited due to Jagex announcing this update on the news page ~misterxman]

I thought Players cannot be attack in there full stop anyway :-k

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is a good update, the wild NEEDs to make you feel edgy and wary, this update brings that fear back, the wild is a palce of chaos, so this update was a great move =D>

Support my goal at QFC:48-49-366-47769778 on runescape's official forums, say hyt so i'll know where you came from! :)

does this make me able to go out to green dragons and kill the autoers even if they are being attacked by the dragons? if so, this might be one of the many reasons for the update. others i can think of are the noob mbers that bring flowers with them and hide in axe hut to escape an actual fight.

if this is true, it will make killing autoers a lot more fun.

yeah i'd love that if i still had my account. Wait til they are lowish health, ice burst dds spec for an easy kill.

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I'm baffled on how people say it ruins RC.

The wilderness was obviously meant for Abyssal RCing. That's why it was released, it was just a huge plot to bring in the abyss. No...The Wilderness is THE ONLY PLACE where you can PK, so don't ya'll think it's fair that pking should have some preference over not just rcers who run away from attackers, but everyone? Besides, i personally have never used a skeleton to aid me in escaping. When i'm attacked by a RC PKer, it's usually right by the mage, where there are a few straggling skeletons, but it doesn't do much because i've just been ice blitzed, and now am being attacked by someone else. And the ditch? Yessss obviously meant to slow down RCers. Why else would you make it? To prevent people from getting scammed? naaaaa

One more thing. Unless people didn't RC in the past few days, this update was released well before then, when GWD was released. So...you either didn't RC at the time, or simply just didn't notice it. Now it's official, and it's a huuuuuuge deal.

Alright, my rant is over. Sorry, not directed at anyone in particular, and i do not mean to be harsh to anyone at all. This is just directed at the lot of people who feel like jagex has ruined RCing severely with this.

But also keep in mind Abyssal Runecrafting was from the beginning, designed to have drawbacks and risks to it. Sorry that it's fulfilling the promise.

It annoys me how cowardly the users on this forum are - too many people are throwing a tantrum because they are "unsafe" in the wild. Not enough people on this forum enter the wilderness for its original purpose: to fight :roll:

Some people enjoy the simple joys of reaching a goal and gained lots of xp rather than "fighting" other players to gain items. Although our pk'ing forum is quite small you can't critiscise people at all for not wanting to pk.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Heh, green drag autoers are so owned :thumbsup:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I haven't really noticed it when rcing as most abyss pkers have no idea what they're doing, I've only ever been pked once and that was because

a.) I wasn't paying attention and

b.)He got lucky and hit a 23 on me just before I reached the mage.

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

F2P rune mining just got stabbed in the back, that's what I say.

I don't like it, it should be changed back. Although there was another thread suggesting this is a hint toward summoning, in that case is f2p doesn't get some of summoning this is one of the worst updates I can imagine. Maybe it's just because I spend a lot of time in the wilderness though...

I can't find any motive Jagex would have of updating this, except summoning mentioned above.

I thought Players cannot be attack in there full stop anyway :-k

You cannot use melee/range attacks in the arena, but you can use magic.

Ancients, God Spells, Teleblock, Entangle ext.. are all fair game in the arena.

However, people charging there staves can also use their spells on people in the arena as well, so even if your staff isnt charged, you can use on someone attacking you to defend yourself and get points for charging your staff as normal. A cast is a cast, dosent matter who its on.

dawnsigblue-3.png

When I heard about this the only thought that popped in my head was about green autoers. I don't get why everyone's complaining about RC. By the time I get to the mage the skeletons around lvl 1 and 2 have worn off, and I've yet to be pked while rcing. Sounds like a really whiny thing to complain about it since as others have mentioned its effect is negligible. I can't see this as anything more than a far reaching fix to green dragon autoers; wouldn't be the first time an update to stop autoing affected many things.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Are u serious!! :shock: the skeletons south of the castle in wildy saved my butt a bunch of times when I was running from big teams!... but now I have a big team :wink: heheheh.

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

I find that this has hardly made any difference to abyss runecrafting. The abyss pkers are still as easy as ever to escape. Even if I did happen to die, it wouldn't really make a difference. A 60k glory would be the only thing valuable that I would lose, and that cost would be made back in around 2 runs through the abyss.

It's quite pathetic how some runecrafters complain about dieing. I mean, a 100k loss through dieing for every 30k natures or so made is barely a dent in our high profits.

If you drop your pouches, dieing is no obstacle at all. 4 minutes after dieing you're back to runecrafting.

This update gets a thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

i think it is a good update, the wild NEEDs to make you feel edgy and wary, this update brings that fear back, the wild is a palce of chaos, so this update was a great move =D>

Yeah, even as a non-pker, I felt the Wild had become far too tame. I get all my coal and mith/addy ores from the wild mines, and while I've been attacked by pkers, I've rarely felt truly threatened by any of them.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

There goes wildy skilling, not just abyss rcing. :?

EDIT: One question though, would a pker be able to use this feature when he is being attacked a npc him/herself? Like both people are under attack by npcs, would one player be able to hit the other player that way?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I'm more curious about something other people have brought up...How does this affect wilderness clue scrolls?

If other players can override the NPCs involved with these, then I'll have an issue with this update...otherwise, I don't care; I've yet to be pked Abyss Crafting, and I don't do much else in the wild anyway.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

I'm more curious about something other people have brought up...How does this affect wilderness clue scrolls?

If other players can override the NPCs involved with these, then I'll have an issue with this update...otherwise, I don't care; I've yet to be pked Abyss Crafting, and I don't do much else in the wild anyway.

Whats the difference, if some one wants to kill you at axe hut your going to die whether they have to wait 12 seconds while you kill the npc or not.

My brother and his PK friends will be taking full advantage of this.

I think its good, its to easy to not be killed in the wilderness.

But its now to hard to not get killed..

I dont like this update at all i only enter the wild to do clues and to runecraft and now i have no way to evade someone.

great, so now when I am doing my 3-4 daily clues, and trying to dig in wildy, and I am already being annoyed by the nearest skeleton....a team can come by and jump into the party...so now the NPCs will be aiding the pker on a kill. Not a big deal for me I guess, because not many NPCs in wildy get a hit in on me, but for lower guys.....

just another annoyance, another attempt by Jagex to placate the pkers.

Never pked, so it doesn't affect me, altho I have enjoyed burying a few that had the audacity to bother me while doing my clue. I worry not about a single white dot, it is the lame scared teamers that I look out for.

big thumbs down

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Whats the difference, if some one wants to kill you at axe hut your going to die whether they have to wait 12 seconds while you kill the npc or not.

With what I wear for most of the clue scrolls, the chest overrides the entire sextant/watch/chart set, and therefore gets protected...If I have the time to dig a second time, I'll keep the chest, and get a fairly free trip to a safe zone to open it without being killed with the next clue or the reward.

But I wonder, why did you mention the axe hut? I've never been there, so anything involving that makes no difference to me.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

With what I wear for most of the clue scrolls, the chest overrides the entire sextant/watch/chart set, and therefore gets protected...If I have the time to dig a second time, I'll keep the chest, and get a fairly free trip to a safe zone to open it without being killed with the next clue or the reward.

But I wonder, why did you mention the axe hut? I've never been there, so anything involving that makes no difference to me.

Axe hut is a lvl 3 clue coordinate, guess you dont do as many clues as you claim to, its pretty common.

um, lol, if you read the update jagex actually says this in the extended version of the article.

so for the lots of posts i saw saying this might be a glitch, it isn;t, it was just a footnote thing in the update info.

personal opinion, it makes sense. the wildy was meant to be there for PVP. not MVP. though hopefully there will be somekind of safe path to abyss telemage or something.

actually this seems fun, when i go into wildy i tend to not bother with pking, i just goa round to explore (cause thats what i like to do) so i run out there with nothing and when i die... really doesn;t matter, i won;t lose anyhting. though i carr food sometimes. just cause, if someone went through that much effort to kill me, i feel like i have to give them something, as for RCing, if you run from ditch to mage and tele fast... it's still hard to kill you. i did a lot of wildy rcing (chaos and abyss) and i died once, cause someone called so i went afk. only really bad thing was i lost my pouches, i hate losing pouches ><

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

this is under the "In other news" under "The Path of Glouphrie" quest info update.