New Wilderness Update: Player > NPC in Single Area

muggiwhplar

Rune mining's gonna be a lot harder now. No spiders to save you from those mean ol' pkers :|
Quite unfortunate. :(

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bad....rc for abyss just got screw over x10. I could care less about autoers. No wonder 2 of my friends died....

i dont understand how this makes rc so much harder for abyss, i've never bothered with the skele's and people just leave me alone or i get away,

dieing while rc'ing just means your an idot <.<

legends2.jpg

I've got mixed feelings about this.

Emotionally, I want to yell and scream and throw a tantrum that I can't (as MidnightHarvester so eloquently put it) use a meatshield when mining.

Yet, logically, I can understand and even accept this update as necessary; being able to use meatshields nerfed most of the danger of the Wild. By eliminating that advantage, the Wild is now much riskier, in keeping with the spirit of the Wild. Like flag-holding in Castle Wars, it wasn't exactly cheating, but it wasn't exactly keeping in the spirit or intent of the area.

Having said all that, though, this update had better have been made to make the Wild more dangerous, and not simply as an anti-autoer ploy. The former I can come to accept. The latter, though, would be just one more example of Jagex hurting legit players in an overzealous attempt to stop autoers; Pure Essence, anyone?

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Ok just got a reply back from Jagex and they said

We are not aware of any bugs with [CONTENT] but if you are sure then we would ask you to send in a Bug Report so that we can start investigating the problem. Please read the information below on how to do this:

So unless this is an automated one; this is a bug.

This was a bug and is now fixed.

Thanks,

can someone confirm this?

I would have been one of the stupidest updates for a while.

Pro's

Easier pking

Easier to autos in wildy

Cons

RC'ing get on in the [male reproductive organs]

High level Ores shot up in price

Mining becomes harder

Crafting become a [female dog] to train

Non pking wildy activities become near impossible to do

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

That's not good... I hope it is a bug, else I'll have to be more careful then I was in wildy...

I like killing green dragons sometimes, and sometimes green dragon atuoers... That's a pitfall for dragon autoer killing :( :( lol

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

i honestly remember it being this way for a while. more often than not it would happen when i'm on a coordinate clue in the wild, and a hobgoblin would be attacking me, but once i dig at the right spot the zammy mage would automatically be attacking me and the hobgoblin would stop. nothing new i'd say.

The 2nd thing always happened with important NPCs. This inolves other players.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

So, can anyone confirm it was a bug ?

If it is, then it won't be fixed until the next update at the earliest, though possibly not until much later.

Incidentally, the meat shield tactic still works, though slightly differently; the other player can hit you if you're under attack by an NPC, but if another NPC (or player, I presume) hits them, it cancels their attack on you.

In other words, if you're letting a Hobgoblin attack you, then a pker attacks you, it cancels the Hobgoblin's attack. This frees the Hobgoblin to attack the pker, which in turn cancels the pker's attack on you until the pker kills the Hobgoblin.

So yeah, if it isn't a bug, then we still have a slightly less-effective but still-present meatshield tactic. If it is a bug, well, we'll just have to adjust our strategies for a short while until it's fixed. Either way, all is not lost.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Wilderness rune miners are going to die by the..well..hundreds. The way most of them escape pkers is attack the spiders..

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

So, can anyone confirm it was a bug ?

If it is, then it won't be fixed until the next update at the earliest, though possibly not until much later.

Incidentally, the meat shield tactic still works, though slightly differently; the other player can hit you if you're under attack by an NPC, but if another NPC (or player, I presume) hits them, it cancels their attack on you.

In other words, if you're letting a Hobgoblin attack you, then a pker attacks you, it cancels the Hobgoblin's attack. This frees the Hobgoblin to attack the pker, which in turn cancels the pker's attack on you until the pker kills the Hobgoblin.

So yeah, if it isn't a bug, then we still have a slightly less-effective but still-present meatshield tactic. If it is a bug, well, we'll just have to adjust our strategies for a short while until it's fixed. Either way, all is not lost.

That's good to hear otherwise they might as well just remove the hobgoblin mines and the runite rocks further north all together, as they will become ghost towns (not as if either one of them are jam packed with miners as it is).

As long as I can lure the Pker into getting attacked by a hobgoblin and breaking his/her attack on me I guess that's fine as that will give me the time to run south a few steps and glory out if needed. Of course, any mages or rangers deciding to just attack from a safe distance from being attacked will be able to attack you freely...

You know, I always wanted to spend some more time in the Jatizso mines.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png