New Wilderness Update: Player > NPC in Single Area

muggiwhplar

Confirmed:

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

I realize this is a hidden update and therefore would go in the sticky, but I feel like this particular update (unless it's a bug) could promote some sort of discussion.

Anyways... If you're engaged in combat with an NPC in the wilderness, another player can attack you - even if you're in a single-combat area. Is this good or bad? How will it affect you and/or other players?

A few situations to take into consideration:

You can now attack green dragon hunters who are being attacked by a dragon.

You can now attack runecrafters who are being attacked by a skeleton.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by earth warriors.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by magic axes.

You can now attack people who are being attacked by pirates.

You can now attack trainers who are being attacked by Zamorak/Guthix/Saradomin mages (the Mage Arena ones).

[Mod Edit: Title edited due to Jagex announcing this update on the news page ~misterxman]

77yLQy8.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayby they cold make a new spell wath entanges and tbs at same time so EVEN TO NOOBS COULD KILL rcers with dds .I really really don't like thath hidden update.

sig3ax9.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

i honestly remember it being this way for a while. more often than not it would happen when i'm on a coordinate clue in the wild, and a hobgoblin would be attacking me, but once i dig at the right spot the zammy mage would automatically be attacking me and the hobgoblin would stop. nothing new i'd say.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

i honestly remember it being this way for a while. more often than not it would happen when i'm on a coordinate clue in the wild, and a hobgoblin would be attacking me, but once i dig at the right spot the zammy mage would automatically be attacking me and the hobgoblin would stop. nothing new i'd say.

The Zammy Mage overrides NPCs attacking you - plus we're talking about players now overriding NPCs

77yLQy8.png

does this make me able to go out to green dragons and kill the autoers even if they are being attacked by the dragons? if so, this might be one of the many reasons for the update. others i can think of are the noob mbers that bring flowers with them and hide in axe hut to escape an actual fight.

if this is true, it will make killing autoers a lot more fun.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

does this make me able to go out to green dragons and kill the autoers even if they are being attacked by the dragons? if so, this might be one of the many reasons for the update. others i can think of are the noob mbers that bring flowers with them and hide in axe hut to escape an actual fight.

if this is true, it will make killing autoers a lot more fun.

This is what Im thinking the reasoning behind it is...

I mean, what else could it be?

If your really worried about fighting someone you dont want to fight, you will either not stray to far in the wildy to start with, or bring teles or what not.

So it must be aimed at decreasing autoers. :-k

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

The Zammy Mage overrides NPCs attacking you - plus we're talking about players now overriding NPCs
that's why i said this "hidden" update isn't something glaringly new to me. in fact, it makes sense that a human player would get priority over a NPC in a fight.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

No more green killing? Because anyone can attack you even if your fighting with one. Good if you think autoers but what about honest players?

I reckon this will be fixed soon.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

that's why i said this "hidden" update isn't something glaringly new to me. in fact, it makes sense that a human player would get priority over a NPC in a fight.

It doesnt matter if its new to you or not. the fact of the matter is its new to EVERYBODY. Yes maybe it makes more sence this way and what not, but what hes trying to say is that it wasnt this way before this update, which must have came along with the God Wars update.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

if it isn't a bug it's probably an update against the green dragon autoers

As the dragons won't protect them from, pkers nemore

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

holy cabbage batman!

this sucks for rcing..

i lol'ed irl when i saw this :lol:

ot. goodi finished all the rc i wonted to do ::' it sucks for the current rc's

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Guess green dragon autoers are now officially screwed. :twisted:

However, AFK trainers at Earth Warriors and Magic Axes could be too. :|

Kind of a double-edged sword in this update, guess we'll see how it goes...

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Guess green dragon autoers are now officially screwed. :twisted:

However, AFK trainers at Earth Warriors and Magic Axes could be too. :|

Kind of a double-edged sword in this update, guess we'll see how it goes...

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.