~~~Get to know your fellow Tip.Iters~~~ ^.^ +2

n_odie

[b]When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it? [/b] 3 years ago, I remembered a friend telling me about it 2 years prior to that.

[b]How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It? [/b]My name is a fairly random name. I started in Feb of 2006

[b] Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?[/b]  No, and I enjoy Zelda. <3: 

[b]Did you have any friends help you as you started the game?[/b] Yes, Deskjethp.

[b]What is your proudest accomplishment? [/b] 99 RC

[b]What is one of your favorite quests to do on game? [/b] All are mushed into one giant quest for me.

[b]Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling? [/b]Friends and alone.[b]What is your least/favorite skill? Why? [/b] Fishing. Lame.

[b]On average, how many hours a day do you play? [/b] Summer 5-7 School, 10 total over weekends, maybe 5 over the week days.

[b]What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others? [/b] 99 Fletch and 99 Mage are current goals. RC is my fav stat.

[b]Do you ever think of quitting the game?[/b] No!

[b]Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How? [/b] Yes, I read interesting things here.

[b]How did you come across the Tip.It website? [/b] Deskjethp.

[b]What do you like to do outside of the game?[/b] Freerunning, soccer, frisbeegolf, and snowboarding.

[b]What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?[/b] Trust no one, NO ONE! *unless you know them VERY well in RL. Deskjethp for me, friends for many years.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

About one year ago, I found it by googling random words.

How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It?

Draaan is actually the name I use for any game related to fantasy

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?

I dont really play other MMO's, but I play many RPG and FPS's.

Did you have any friends help you as you started the game?

Yeah, one of me best mates is Sir Iven 767, he helped me out when I first started.

What is your proudest accomplishment?

Completing all the quests and getting rune plate.

What is one of your favorite quests to do on game?

Prince Ali rescue and Dragon Slayer, as well as Demon Slayer

Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling?

I never really thought of that, but Im actually a loner.

What is your least/favorite skill? Why?

Least favorite? Hmmm, I would say ranging.

On average, how many hours a day do you play?

1-5.

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others?

My current goal is to fight my way up so that other players will respect me. (It sounds kinda dumb, but nobody really likes me) I work on strength most.

Do you ever think of quitting the game?

Only when I leave for vacation.

Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How?

It helped me on some of the quests.

How did you come across the Tip.It website?

My favorite invention since sliced bread, Google!

What do you like to do outside of the game?

Um, Meet with my friends and fool around.

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?

Do it to others before they do it to you. (Pking proverb.) :wink:

Here's my interview.

Great thread by the way, fun reading some of these interviews.

[hide]When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

I came across RuneScape back in the 7th grade; a lot of people at my school played it. Heard many people talking about how they got x level, and I decided to start playing. Truthfully, I thought the game stunk, and I quit after a while, then in the 8th grade one of my RL friends re-introduced me to the game and helped me a bit. Have been playing it ever since, with the occasional 2-3 month breaks. I'm in the 12th grade now so... I've been playing a while.

I actually have had this online name since 1999, before RuneScape even came out. I used it for e-mail, and then when I got into MMO's I started using it for my characters. However, just because someone is named 'peronix' dosen't mean it's me. It's rare, but I have encountered a few 'impersonators'. I started to use tip.it about the same time I started playing. It was always a useful help site. Although as you can see, I didn't sign up for the actual forum until 2005.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?

At the moment, besides RuneScape, I play Kingdom of Loathing, although I don't know if that counts as a MMO. It owns though, try it. And don't judge it the minute you see the graphics, either. I also used to play City of Villains some, I want to get back into it but I can't afford the $15 a month ATM. My char is level 35/50 on that game. As far as other games in general, I enjoy a good RPG, and I can stand some FPS games.

I had my RL friend help me, but he dosen't play anymore. He isn't nearly as dedicated to games he gets into as I am. He got me into Kingdom of Loathing, too, but he dosen't play that one anymore either.

Fire cape, just by the huge amount of pride I got when I saw the beast fall. Way more satisfying than seeing "Your cooking/attack/fletching level is now 99".

My all-time favorite quest was the Underground Passage. It was defiantly the longest and most difficult quest I have ever done. It is probably easy now in RS2, but I wouldn't know. Legends probably would have been my favorite if I had gotten to do it in Classic, from what I've heard it was way, way harder back then.

I'm a loner. I've never had any lasting online friendships.

Least favorite skill is mining. I hate it more than your typical Malaysian MMO. It's like the firemaking of the gathering skills. Favorite skill, despite its abysmally low Xp/Hour is RuneCrafting. Tons of profit, and certainly more interesting than skills where all you do is click on trees/rocks.

Well right now I play anywhere from zero to 8 hours a day, but the average I'd say is around 3.

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others?

Current goals are 99 firemaking and 85 slayer. For some reason I enjoy FMing more than slayer :-k

Nope, but I do think about taking breaks from it. You never really quit this game anyway, most of the time you find yourself going back to the website to look at the recent updates, and if they bait you enough you come back. The only games you really do quit are ones that never get updated, or are just abysmally boring.

Yes, I find that updating blogs and posting achievements has kept me going towards goals that are otherwise pointless.

Google. Was looking for a RS help site and this one seemed the most helpful at the time.

Hmm, well I enjoy cooking, I seem to have a natural gift for it. My experiments always seem to turn out better than my mom's. ::'

No I don't like sports :P

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?

If you set a goal that you find boring, find another boring goal you'd like to achieve and have two boring goals. That way if you get tired of one, you can work on the other, and when you get tired of that one, you can go back to the other. That's how I got 99 cooking and 4k chompy kills around the same time. No more than two goals though, it dosen't work so well after that. Trust me.

[b]When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it? [/b]

I came across RuneScape back in the 7th grade; a lot of people at my school played it. Heard many people talking about how they got x level, and I decided to start playing. Truthfully, I thought the game stunk, and I quit after a while, then in the 8th grade one of my RL friends re-introduced me to the game and helped me a bit. Have been playing it ever since, with the occasional 2-3 month breaks. I'm in the 12th grade now so... I've been playing a while.

[b]How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It? [/b]

I actually have had this online name since 1999, before RuneScape even came out. I used it for e-mail, and then when I got into MMO's I started using it for my characters. However, just because someone is named 'peronix' dosen't mean it's me. It's rare, but I have encountered a few 'impersonators'. I started to use tip.it about the same time I started playing. It was always a useful help site. Although as you can see, I didn't sign up for the actual forum until 2005.

[b]Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?[/b]

At the moment, besides RuneScape, I play Kingdom of Loathing, although I don't know if that counts as a MMO. It owns though, try it. And don't judge it the minute you see the graphics, either. I also used to play City of Villains some, I want to get back into it but I can't afford the $15 a month ATM. My char is level 35/50 on that game. As far as other games in general, I enjoy a good RPG, and I can stand some FPS games.

[b]Did you have any friends help you as you started the game?[/b]

I had my RL friend help me, but he dosen't play anymore. He isn't nearly as dedicated to games he gets into as I am. He got me into Kingdom of Loathing, too, but he dosen't play that one anymore either.

[b]What is your proudest accomplishment? [/b]

Fire cape, just by the huge amount of pride I got when I saw the beast fall. Way more satisfying than seeing "Your cooking/attack/fletching level is now 99".

[b]What is one of your favorite quests to do on game? [/b]

My all-time favorite quest was the Underground Passage. It was defiantly the longest and most difficult quest I have ever done. It is probably easy now in RS2, but I wouldn't know. Legends probably would have been my favorite if I had gotten to do it in Classic, from what I've heard it was way, way harder back then.

[b]Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling? [/b]

I'm a loner. I've never had any lasting online friendships.

[b]What is your least/favorite skill? Why? [/b]

Least favorite skill is mining. I hate it more than your typical Malaysian MMO. It's like the firemaking of the gathering skills. Favorite skill, despite its abysmally low Xp/Hour is RuneCrafting. Tons of profit, and certainly more interesting than skills where all you do is click on trees/rocks.

[b]On average, how many hours a day do you play? [/b]

Well right now I play anywhere from zero to 8 hours a day, but the average I'd say is around 3.

[b]What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others? [/b]

Current goals are 99 firemaking and 85 slayer. For some reason I enjoy FMing more than slayer :-k

[b]Do you ever think of quitting the game?[/b]

Nope, but I do think about taking breaks from it. You never really quit this game anyway, most of the time you find yourself going back to the website to look at the recent updates, and if they bait you enough you come back. The only games you really [i]do[/i] quit are ones that never get updated, or are just abysmally boring.

[b]Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How? [/b]

Yes, I find that updating blogs and posting achievements has kept me going towards goals that are otherwise pointless.

[b]How did you come across the Tip.It website? [/b]

Google. Was looking for a RS help site and this one seemed the most helpful at the time.

[b]What do you like to do outside of the game?[/b]

Hmm, well I enjoy cooking, I seem to have a natural gift for it. My experiments always seem to turn out better than my mom's. :

No I don't like sports :P  

[b]What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?[/b]

If you set a goal that you find boring, find another boring goal you'd like to achieve and have two boring goals. That way if you get tired of one, you can work on the other, and when you get tired of that one, you can go back to the other. That's how I got 99 cooking and 4k chompy kills around the same time. No more than two goals though, it dosen't work so well after that. Trust me.

[/hide]

I think its aweful how this thread is seeming to go now.

Everyone seems obsessed with posting/sending in their own interview and isn't actually bothering to read any of the others.

So far I think all the interviews in the first posts are excellent and a nice interesting read.

Its kewl to find out these little things about the well known tip.iters

Though it does get tedious reading through the interviews of the utter unknowns as I have no idea who they are in the first place.

That's why I reckon this should've stayed in Blogscape where not everyone could just join 2 days ago and have an interview.

I have read over the voting thing and I don't really get it. Do we say +1 enjoyable for an interview that we enjoyed?

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Hmmm wasn't planning to respond but after reading a few I decided to :)

[hide]

When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

I started in 6th grade (I'm a junior now, do the math :P). My friends at school were all obssessed over this game so I decided to check it out.

It was my username for AIM and Neopets sooo I picked it.. I hate it now though :[

I didn't play any other MMO's before Runescape. But afterwards I've tried a bunch like Silk Road, MapleStory (best after runescape), had a trial for WOW, annnd Ragnorak.

Yeah my rl best friend gave me some money, tips, a bit of armor, and helped me do my first quest: Cook's Assistant :D.

Probably aquiring a fire cape.

Hmmm it's hard to say, I think my favorite may have been Desert Treasure

I'm sort of a loner, but I try to skill with friends when I can.

Slayer because I'm not too much of a fan of combat, and slayer is like combat, except you're forced to train on certain monsters for exp :/

Used to be around 5 or 6, but now it's more like 2 or 3.

My current goal is to get 10 mil+ and some good items :D and also 91 runecrafting.

I've quit before, planning to quit again though since the game is getting a bit bland.

Yes, this was the first fansite I've ever visited for Runescape, it helped me with EVERYTHING. I don't think I'd still be playing runescape if it wasn't for all the help tipit provided me with.

I don't quite remember... I think I googled it.

Hang out with my friends.. play other video games.. that's bout it :P

Rock on! Keep doing what ya'll are doing and keep this game an awesome game! :D[/hide]

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

I think its aweful how this thread is seeming to go now.

Everyone seems obsessed with posting/sending in their own interview and isn't actually bothering to read any of the others.

So far I think all the interviews in the first posts are excellent and a nice interesting read.

Its kewl to find out these little things about the well known tip.iters

Though it does get tedious reading through the interviews of the utter unknowns as I have no idea who they are in the first place.

That's why I reckon this should've stayed in Blogscape where not everyone could just join 2 days ago and have an interview.

I have read over the voting thing and I don't really get it. Do we say +1 enjoyable for an interview that we enjoyed?

Yeah I think this thread needs to go back to blogscape perhaps and at the same time have all the completely unknowns weeded out from the interviews, I mean I only recognise 12 people on the list, besides myself.

Also perhaps then the interview process can be more selective by actually pming well known tip.iters to ask for an interview.

Perhaps a mod should be pmed to request this be moved and cleaned up a bit (as in delete the posts of interviews not put up by n_odie) to make it more official etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 3 weeks later...

I loved to read those interviews in this thread :D , but what do you mean with the voting system?

I was trying to sove thius problem by the voting section which no one seems to notice. :S

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.