~~~Get to know your fellow Tip.Iters~~~ ^.^ +2

n_odie

[hide]When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

My friend told me about it one day after school, I decided to make an account and the rest is history.

How did you pick your name?

Well, I decided this pures name when all i hit on my tank ranger was 0 0 for my special attack, but my main is called nhmslay, my halo pc nickname.

When did you start to use Tip.It?

I believe I started using it when I couldn't figure out a quest, and I looked it up on google, this came up :)

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy? Never any other mmos but I did play halo pc, a lot.

Did you have any friends help you as you started the game?

My IRL friend Dom helped me a ton over the years, he's quit to play wow recently(noob)

What is your proudest accomplishment?

My proudest accomplishment was completing desert treasure for the first time.

What is one of your favorite quests to do on game?

My favorite was murder mystery for some odd reason, but I loved it.

Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling? I'm a loner when it comes to skilling/quests, but I talk to people when I get the chance

What is your least/favorite skill? Why?

I HATE farming with a passion, I don't have time to get into agriculture... lol

On average, how many hours a day do you play?

TBH I kind of play a lot, maybe 2-3, maybe even 4 a say.

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others?

My current goals are in my blog, i don't wish to list them all again, lol. I love woodcutting, it's pretty relaxing.

Do you ever think of quitting the game?

I might quit a while from now, but I don't see myself quitting anytime soon.

Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How?

It's made me a lot more mature, and i've met a lot of cool people through it.

How did you come across the Tip.It website?

Google search

What do you like to do outside of the game?

I'm #93 wide reciever/punt return for my high school's JV team, I play paintball, nfsu 2, I work on my mustang, street race, take spanish, and listen to rage against the machine ;)

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters? Don't go to runehq, tipit it t3h c00ler [/hide]

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you still have my interview there :). It was nice to see some new ones too. This is a great idea, and I hope that there will be many new interviews to read soon, so we all can get to know each other better :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it? I first began in late 2004/ early 2005. I died and lost tinderbox so I quit, came back in late 2005. :)

How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It? My first name was Skittle man ( insert numbers). Hey I love skittles. Ye Oldslayer was like "Ye Olde Slayer". So a medeviel version of a Slayer. I had to drop a letter, so I took off the e.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy? No, I tried Everquest, Rs is better. <3:

Did you have any friends help you as you started the game? Me and a real life friend started at the same time. He quit after his first month?

What is your proudest accomplishment? 99 fishing

What is one of your favorite quests to do on game? I like fun quests with not a lot of stupid pesky items involved. RfD was fun.

Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling?

I like to do it with friends.

What is your least/favorite skill? Why? Favorite is range, i love shooting people, least is mining, WAY too repetitive for me

On average, how many hours a day do you play? Varies way too much

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others? My current goal is 100 combat, I do range along the way

Do you ever think of quitting the game? Never!

Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How? The calculator's and quest guides are the best. Forums keep me amused. :mrgreen:

How did you come across the Tip.It website? I searched "Runescape help" on Google when I was a very low level

What do you like to do outside of the game? Play Baseball

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters? Pwn n00bz.

I sent one to the gmail account you said to send it to.

I did the same exact thing, great interviews and great idea

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Found some spare time to do an interview about the Master_Smither :wink:

[hide= Interview]

When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

Well I started my first account runescapewil in 2002 because my 6th grade teacher was playing it 1 day.

How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It?

Since I wanted to keep an rsc account I just made a variation and added my basebnall jersey number.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?

Nope this was my first and most likely only.

No :cry: But I did get a few friends addicted after I was higher leveled.

The day I got 99 Smithing

Most likely Desert Treasure because I had done it with my friend and it was the first hard quest i had experienced. So it was a VERY funny with our messups :oops:

Well since I'm currently mining I'm alone because I want to get as many ores per hour as possible.

But when I smith I usually have a friend there chatting it up with me.

Smithing is my favorite, it has always been enjoyable very easy to chat and a very good crowd of people.

My least Favorite is hunt it is sooo Boring.

6 hours usually

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like

working on more than others?

My current goal is 85 Mining(83/85) just to match my 99 Smithing and make MY own rune for FREE.

But I enjoy magic because I can farm anf pretty much do anything or go and watch people fight dharok and such. Just a good mobile skill.

NO NEVER :!: :!:

Yes very much so because it helped me get through those boring skills and the friends i gained offered MASSIVE support for ALL my goals.

I was searching for some quest help(I think) and I clicked it and used it forever for it's great calculators. Then found the forums just recently.

Mainly just baseball or hanging out with my buds up by the movie theater

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?

Set a goal, STICK with it and go with it until it is completed the raod to it might be bumpy but the reward is great.

6h43rl4.jpg[/hide]

[hide= Code]

[b]When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it? [/b] 

Well I started my first account runescapewil in 2002 because my 6th grade teacher was playing it 1 day.

[b]How did you pick your name? When did you start to use Tip.It? [/b]

Since I wanted to keep an rsc account I just made a variation and added my basebnall jersey number.

[b]Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?[/b] 

Nope this was my first and most likely only.

[b]Did you have any friends help you as you started the game?[/b] 

No  :cry:  But I did get a few friends addicted after I was higher leveled.

[b]What is your proudest accomplishment? [/b] 

The day I got 99 Smithing

[b]What is one of your favorite quests to do on game? [/b] 

Most likely Desert Treasure because I had done it with my friend and it was the first hard quest i had experienced. So it was a VERY funny with our messups  :oops: 

[b]Are you a loner on the game or do you prefer to be with friends when skilling? [/b]

Well since I'm currently mining I'm alone because I want to get as many ores per hour as possible.

But when I smith I usually have a friend there chatting it up with me.

[b]What is your least/favorite skill? Why? [/b] 

Smithing is my favorite, it has always been enjoyable very easy to chat and a very good crowd of people.

My least Favorite is hunt it is sooo Boring.

[b]On average, how many hours a day do you play? [/b] 

6 hours usually

[b]What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like 

working on more than others? [/b] 

My current goal is 85 Mining(83/85) just to match my 99 Smithing and make MY own rune for FREE.

But I enjoy magic because I can farm anf pretty much do anything or go and watch people fight dharok and such. Just a good mobile skill.

[b]Do you ever think of quitting the game?[/b] 

NO NEVER :!: :!: :!:

[b]Has being part of Tip.It helped you in any way? How? [/b] 

Yes very much so because it helped me get through those boring skills and the friends i gained offered MASSIVE support for ALL my goals.

[b]How did you come across the Tip.It website? [/b] 

I was searching for some quest help(I think) and I clicked it and used it forever for it's great calculators. Then found the forums just recently.

[b]What do you like to do outside of the game?[/b] 

Mainly just baseball or hanging out with my buds up by the movie theater

[b]What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?[/b] 

Set a goal, STICK with it and go with it until it is completed the raod to it might be bumpy but the reward is great.

[img=http://i15.tinypic.com/6h43rl4.jpg]

[/hide]

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Interview:

If I remember correctly it was the May right after the bunny ear drop so May 2003 (though it could be earlier as I remember the talk about what the easter drop would be.) Found out that it was there through my good friend Greg.

It was an old username that I used to use My tip.it name is from another set of usernames I started for myself, God knows when I found out tip.it existed haha.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy? Lets see, WoW US, KalOnline, Various KalOnline private servers most notably: Asgard, Hoax (offline), Core, Xiu, PAnimal's, Silkroad Online. I enjoy MMO's and other platform games.

Only my friend Greg and I outleveled him within the week I started, been the highest out of my RL friends since I can remember.

Hard to say, Haven't achieved anything like a 99 skill or what not but actually meeting my friends in RS have been a great accomplishment.

Anything Involving good cut scenes so far RFD has been rather great.

I usually skill alone or with a few good mates other than that I tend not to talk to alot of people.

Favorite Fletching even though its a pain to train, Least Favorite smithing because its costly.

Now a days rarely even if I play, 1-2 hours a day.

What are your current goals? DO you have a favorite skill that you like working on more than others?

No real current goal other than some 99 skill, most likely fletching since im almost there haha.

I've quit a few times but I keep comin back haha.

Generally the guides since without them I wouldn't know alot of the stuff I do now.

Google if my memory serves me right.

Been in a rather bad slump emotionally, trying to get my life back in order is my main concern right now.

What would be the one piece of major advice that you would give to all fellow Tip.iters?

Have fun don't let the small things get to ya ;).[/hide]

Code:

If I remember correctly it was the May right after the bunny ear drop so May 2003 (though it could be earlier as I remember the talk about what the easter drop would be.) Found out that it was there through my good friend Greg.

It was an old username that I used to use My tip.it name is from another set of usernames I started for myself, God knows when I found out tip.it existed haha.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy? Lets see, WoW US, KalOnline, Various KalOnline private servers most notably: Asgard, Hoax (offline), Core, Xiu, PAnimal's, Silkroad Online. I enjoy MMO's and other platform games.

Only my friend Greg and I outleveled him within the week I started, been the highest out of my RL friends since I can remember.

Hard to say, Haven't achieved anything like a 99 skill or what not but actually meeting my friends in RS have been a great accomplishment.

Anything Involving good cut scenes so far RFD has been rather great.

I usually skill alone or with a few good mates other than that I tend not to talk to alot of people.

Favorite Fletching even though its a pain to train, Least Favorite smithing because its costly.

Now a days rarely even if I play, 1-2 hours a day.

No real current goal other than some 99 skill, most likely fletching since im almost there haha.

I've quit a few times but I keep comin back haha.

Generally the guides since without them I wouldn't know alot of the stuff I do now.

Google if my memory serves me right.

Been in a rather bad slump emotionally, trying to get my life back in order is my main concern right now.

Have fun don't let the small things get to ya ;).[/hide]

Stat Sig Removed

Great thread btw... :)

When did you begin playing RS and how did you come across it?

I began playing sometime in 2001. I was going through a phase where I was playing a lot of online browser based games such as Imperial Conflict and Planetarian. I used MPORG to find other games and came across RS.

Players often mistake my character name to be my real surname. It is in fact based on a character from my favourite series of novels written by David Weber. The lead character was called Honor Harrington, and I based my name on her.

Did you play any other MMOÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s and what type of other games do you enjoy?

I enjoy sci-fi and as such was playing a number of games with this theme. Namely Imperial Conflict, Planetarium and a number of other games whose names I have since forgotten.

Nope, I didn't know anyone and I was playing for about a year before I bothered looking at fan sites.

I remember when I first started and saw players at incredibly high levels. After about a year, I was begining to notice a few lvl 126 players. I figured, I couldn't ever possibly achieve this. Thus, eventually reaching lvl 126 is my proudest achievement in the game.

I enjoyed Recipe for Disaster the most. It was really long and was well structured. The rewards were fantastic as well.

A bit of both really. I'm in a casual clan, and about 2-3 times a month I'll participate in a clan event, be it Castle Wars of Dagannoth Hunting. I spend the vast majority of time playing solo and rarely involve myself in converstations since I multi-task 90% of the time.

Favourite is Slaying. The skill has great variety and kudos for achieving a high level. Most skills are too repetitive and so Slaying with its variety of tasks and random rewards is very appealing to me.

Least favourite is Hunting. It's not an awful skill in itself, but I find the best areas are simply too busy and I find that very frustrating. Beside, the rewards are simply not worthwhile.

I recon I average about 2-3 hours per day, but it varies. For instance, I don't play on a Friday at all and rarely on a Saturday since I've got lots of stuff to do IRL, but on a Monday, my typical day off work, I can spend up to ten hours playing that day.

I've spent about 90% of my gaming time during the last six months workign on Slaying. I'm now lvl 96 and have decided to go for level 99. It will likely take me two more months, but I'm going to stick at it anyway.

Sometimes. I don't think I'll ever completely quit whilst the game remains popluar, but I will likely take lengthy breaks. I have take two such long term breaks in six years, once for 18 months, and another for about 6 months.

TipIt is one of the things that's helped me stick the game for so long. It's such a great resource and often a great community. The guides here have shaped my gameplay and I continue to use them even though I'm very experienced now.

I can't remember now since it was about five years ago. I suspect someone mentioned it to me in the game, even though it's against the rules lol.

My passions are science-fiction, reading, archery and movies. I go the cinema at least once per week, and I read 2-3 novels per month. I probably spend most of my time working though lol, about 45 hours per week.

For enjoyable gaming...

* Join a clan or community. It helps to have people you can trust so you can perform some of the more dangerous tasks in the game, as well as having people to make stuff for you when needed.

* Multi-tasking is the key to many skills. Ensure you've got a TV and DVD player close to your PC. Also have more than one window open so you can browse other sites. Many of the tasks in RS are uber boring and it's vital you have something to keep you sane lol.

* Mini goals. Some goals just seem unattainable i.e. 90+ in most skills. As such, you need to set mini goals. For instance, instead of aiming for lvl 97 from 96, first aim for 10m experience, take a break, then push for lvl 97.

Harrington.gif

Yay I'm up there.

That interview reveals a lot most wouldn't even guess about me :D

Twast

Now I'd best get back to my homework before I read some of the other interviews

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I sent you one a long time ago...Why didn't you post it :(

Looked for it and couldn't find. :s I have alot of people sending them in so if you could please either email it to me again or pm me i will get it up there asap. :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

My brother in 2005.

PEZ is my initials.

No. The only game I play is Runescape.

Oreo9870.

120+ combat.

None.

Friends. If one of four close friends isn't online I don't play.

Any non-combat because they are not boring.

One.

99 defense. I only work on combat skills.

Yes. I don't have time to play very much.

No. I only like the pictures on the forums really.

I chose to come to Tip.It instead of the RSOF forums because of the ability to post pictures.

Swim, work out, and hang out with my friends.

Please stop acting like you are better than the rest of the Runescape community. [/hide]

Thanks for putting mine up :)

I however forgot to get a picture, in my haste to finish up the interview. Would you like me to take a picture and send you the link through PM, here, or through email?

Thanks once again.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I think its aweful how this thread is seeming to go now.

Everyone seems obsessed with posting/sending in their own interview and isn't actually bothering to read any of the others.

So far I think all the interviews in the first posts are excellent and a nice interesting read.

Its kewl to find out these little things about the well known tip.iters

Though it does get tedious reading through the interviews of the utter unknowns as I have no idea who they are in the first place.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think its aweful how this thread is seeming to go now.

Everyone seems obsessed with posting/sending in their own interview and isn't actually bothering to read any of the others.

So far I think all the interviews in the first posts are excellent and a nice interesting read.

Its kewl to find out these little things about the well known tip.iters

Though it does get tedious reading through the interviews of the utter unknowns as I have no idea who they are in the first place.

I was trying to sove thius problem by the voting section which no one seems to notice. :S

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!