Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

Looks interesting. I'll probably get it eventually, but mostly for the campaign. I've never really liked the Halo multiplayer, and really only play when my friend comes over.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Didn't know a trailer had been released a few months ago but it's first I've seen with in-play competitive footage.

From the looks of the HUD... no Armor Abilities. eusa_pray.gif

I think there may be. If you've watched the RvB reveal trailer for the release date, one of them is wearing a jetpack. And there's this 'forerunner vision' which sounds stupid.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Perks, AAs, loadouts, unlocks, default sprint, retarded weapon drops, select-able ordnance drops, bloom

Halo 4 is going to suck.

NONE of that (except maybe the sprint, which isn't exactly bad, seeing as how they are super soldiers) was shown in that video. Way to pull all of that out of your ass.

Been playin some Halo Reach recently. What is this BTB Heavies shit?

It's everything I don't like about BTB (more vehicles, more power weapons).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Perks, AAs, loadouts, unlocks, default sprint, retarded weapon drops, select-able ordnance drops, bloom

Halo 4 is going to suck.

NONE of that (except maybe the sprint, which isn't exactly bad, seeing as how they are super soldiers) was shown in that video. Way to pull all of that out of your ass.

Who says I'm talking about that video? All the stuff that I've listed have been confirmed to be in the game in one way or another.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Lol, I've only been playing BTB. I don't think I've warmed up enough to go back to regular team slayer. My DMR is messy as shit.

Over, have you given up on Halo (not gonna buy Halo 4)? Jwing.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, from the brief gameplay I've seen online for the multiplayer, I'm not so sure I'm gonna like Halo 4 too much. I dunno what it is, but I liked the graphics in Reach. And there are too many funky alien-looking guns in Halo 4 (edit: I guess it's because there's so many forunner weapons, idk)

Also, what the hell is up with the voice saying medals. The one in Reach is perfect; the one I've heard in the H4 gameplay sucks.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

So I've been thinking about how much my playing style has changed in BTB since I first started playing. In the beginning, I wanted a kick ass k/d, so I would contend for sniper and just camp and pick people off. I was lucky because the newer BTB maps were just coming out and I had made sure to memorize where the sniper was (and a lot of people hadn't figured it out yet). So, my k/d for BTB was pretty high.

Now, I never contend for sniper. I only use the dmr. And I've got to say, it's much more fun. Dmr battles are much more fun than sitting back behind a tree peeking out to pick off the occasional afk player. I've got to say, my favorite games are on hemorrhage as blue, cause then I just man the red portal and pick off everyone who comes through it or through the caves or people who cross over the middle. Plus, the hill gives fantastic cover. And, I guess this is my favorite spot as red, too, because lots of people go up on that cliff.

Anyways, I just felt like talking a bit of Halo: Reach. My k/d in BTB is still pretty high, but I'm enjoying the games much more. Heck, I may even hop into a warthog and get a few kills as the gunner (or maybe assists as the driver) for the fun of it before I get rocked by the opposing team's wraith.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Just played the Halo 3 campaign all the way through for the first time.

The ending was so fun, driving in the warthog. Reminded me very much of Halo 1's ending, which was also fun.

I'm glad I stayed up late doing that.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

BTB's never really appealed to me. I feel like I have to get in a vehicle, and nerf what I'm actually good at doing in the game, so the other team doesn't sneak off with our own stuff. It's the same on Invasion Slayer... I don't want to get in a tank when I've got a sniper rifle and a DMR, but if I don't, they will, or some [bleep] player on my own team will drive it straight into a bunch of EMP blasts and have it stolen.

Another thing I don't like about what I see in the Halo 4 gameplay - actually, it's more about the sound. I know Master Chief and the Spartan's are like super soldiers in these super high-tech suits. But honestly, whenever you throw a grenade, it sounds like you're just a big robot. Same with the sound the battle rifle makes. I think it sounds pretty stupid. Doesn't sound like a gun at all, tbh. Everything just sounds too metallic.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'll honestly admit: I don't know why they've messed around with the sounds. From the trailers of H4, limited as they may be, the audio seems a bit over the top. They were near perfect in Halo 3... why change a winning formula?

Because you wanted to sanitise any trace of Bungie from the game? Only explanation I've got.

^I agree.

Also, I mentioned it earlier, but I think they [bleep]ed up on the medal announcer's voice. The one from Halo 3 and Reach was perfect imo. The one I've heard in the H4 gameplay sounds awful.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It doesn't sound that bad. What is it with you and the audio in Halo 4 Duff? :P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I'm not really paying attention to "metal" sounds, but I also think the medal announcer's voice could be a lot better. It's like doing a presentation and raising your voice for every single word, or receiving some notes in a lecture and putting a highlighter through all of it. When you do that, you're effectively not emphasising anything any more. It needed redoing, obviously, because it's a new game, but it needn't be so different. It's a minor point compared to some aspects of Reach which I thought were game-breaking anyway.

I'm pretty excited about the new Spec Ops thing, replacing FF. FF never really was about co-operation, unless you were with a very generous friend, it was more like "Gotta kill 'em before my [bleep] teammate does LOLKILLIONAIRE".

And no [bleep]ing Armor Lock in H4, thank heavens. I promised myself I wouldn't bother buying the game if AL remained in its current form. I can do without the stress-induced ulcer, because someone made me wait six seconds before allowing me to kill them after they ran at me in a straight line with an AR and ended up second best for it.

It doesn't sound that bad. What is it with you and the audio in Halo 4 Duff? :P

Haha, yeah, I guess I'm over reacting. I just really pay attention to audio in video games, and I'm not too fond of what I've heard in H4. Maybe I'm simply looking for as many ways to dislike the game - not sure why, though. :oops:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNDifQKdp6I&feature=g-vrec

So aside from the new sounds/medals... looks interesting. And unless I'm blind, no armor abilities (so far). I'm digging the new assassinations. :thumbup:

Am I the only one that likes the new gun sounds? o.O

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber