Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

Also, wish I had never been introduced to K/D. I haven't played Reach in weeks because I get all nervous and antsy about lowering my K/D. Debating on making a new account where I can just mess around on. But I'm not sure that will work. Wish I was Brigadier rank so I could at least use my credits and buy the armor I want... I hate looking noobish. D:

Ehh, I wouldn't waste the time. KD is actually pretty simple to increase overall, as long as you know what strategies to use on each level which comes with experience. I didn't give a [cabbage] about deaths and my KD was a just a tad higher than 1.0, but then I got sick of giving noobs the satisfaction of getting kills on me and so I started using survivalist tactics instead of pure assault. Now I'm about 20k-15k, with tons of goof-around matches in between. I will never prioritize KD over winning the match though, unless it's already hopeless due to having 3 or more Helen Kellers on your team.

@ Overdoziz

Jealous. If you're at 50k kills and have a 1.89 k/d, you can afford to fool around. You could possible even still do good messing around. I watched a youtube video of one pro (may have been Walshy) who was just messing around being chased by a noob on Boardwalk and after everything just no-scoped the kid.

I'm in a dilemma. Should I play a lot and get better so that I can improve (but suffer the effects on my k/d of not being very good now), or not play at all. Only, I'm not sure if playing a lot of games will help me get better.

I love Reach. I just wish I was good at it. D:

Is your gt your forum name? -stalks-

Edit: @Zierro

Any tips on how to improve helping teammates? Cause I've watched youtube videos of pros, and I've tried to imitate their "help" tactics, but people always accuse me of being a kill stealer. I mean, traveling a map by yourself isn't smart, right? You should stick with your team.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Any tips on how to improve helping teammates? Cause I've watched youtube videos of pros, and I've tried to imitate their "help" tactics, but people always accuse me of being a kill stealer. I mean, traveling a map by yourself isn't smart, right? You should stick with your team.

Kill stealing in Halo? Now that's a KD [bleep]. I have over 4k assists with 20k kills and I never complained about "kill steals". Assists are very important in alleviating the opposition's overall offense and thus keeping you and your team alive and ready for the next enemy attack. Also, there is a large degree of luck involved. Sometimes I shoot someone at the same time two other guys shoot him and I get a 1-shot-kill. I don't do it on purpose - it's just how the game works. I suppose if you were purposely following around one random guy and waiting until they took off all the enemy's shields and just popping one shots the entire match, then I can see how that would be annoying. Even so, it's not like you're causing your team to lose.

• 2 weeks later...

I despise campers on Reflection Arena. They camp with all the power weapons, which doesn't help when your entire team leaves.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I despise playing on Reflection.

Same here. It seems like the map I play worst on in team and squad slayer.

Yikes, haven't played Halo: Reach since the fourth of July...

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Grrrr...2 off a kiillionaire on Grifball, and my teammate accidentally lunges at the guy I just killed and he was about to. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I'm pretty excited for the patch that 343i are going to introduce. I mean, it'll probably only be things to make the game more like CE for the CE maps playlist, however, I'd rather have CE game play than Reach's. Slow kill times, easy ways out of fights, the almighty armour lock, weapon bloom. Not fun for me.

fn6V7.png

Bloom was in CE as well...put hopefully the patch'll improve things. Like some kind of AL counter. ;_;

-Random Youtuber

CE didn't have bloom, it had bullet-spread. And it only occurred if you held down the trigger while using the pistol. The kind of bloom that's in Reach has never been in any previous Halo game.

And I'm finished with the first version of a new map I made:

reach_21235368_Full.jpg

:)

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

>derp de derp gonna play some reach

> i feel like playing some zombies

> every human is camping in a place thats impossible to [bleep]ing get to cos they can kill you before you even get up

> humans then talking [cabbage] about how good they are

> [bleep] this [cabbage], this is worse than black cops

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Why on earth would you play Living Dead? I really don't see why it's so damn popular. It's a crappy customs gametype that's boring after one match, yet it's one of the most popular playlists in Reach.

I always liked the original Alpha Zombies a bit more than the one they have now... Super zombie > infinite sprint zombies. I think they need some new maps though. The ones they have now are getting stale, and Boardwalk has a few areas that are hard to breach for the zombies, along with a glitched area that lets you shoot through one of those glass wall things along the edge of the map. And Zealot just needs to be removed. From the game.

Here is where I am talking about.

HALOREACH.png

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I liked Zombies back in Halo 3. They made it terrible in Reach with armor abilities and what not.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I always liked the original Alpha Zombies a bit more than the one they have now... Super zombie > infinite sprint zombies. I think they need some new maps though. The ones they have now are getting stale, and Boardwalk has a few areas that are hard to breach for the zombies, along with a glitched area that lets you shoot through one of those glass wall things along the edge of the map. And Zealot just needs to be removed. From the game.

Here is where I am talking about.

HALOREACH.png

I know that spot. It's really not that hard to counter, just jump over the railing, turn around in mid-air and lunge at them.

-Random Youtuber

Infection is decent with Forge maps specifically made for the gametype, but oputside of that it's so horrible. Especially since zombies have sprint instead of evade sometimes. Having evade made being a zombie actually fun and you actually had a chance against the humans.

i get the sniper, my team mate is angry as he didnt get it so he trys to kill me, as hes doing this i go ahed and get 5 kills. now he kills me and gets the sniper the next 2 spawns, he gets 2/3 kills with 2 and a half snipers. [bleep]ing great :|

he also camps the sniper spawn and gets [cabbage] on when ever a enemy gets in the base

hate these players :\

also. fuuuuuuuuuuu at the players who hold on to the flag the entire trip from enemy base to ours. they are so slowwww

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Oddly enough, that's where a ton of professional matches are played. At least the ones on YouTube. It's almost always either Sanctuary or Zealot. It's crazy how well the pros know those maps, too.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Gratz on Eclipse, Overdoziz.

Yes, I'm stalking you.

EDIT: o.O I had planned on congratulating you yesterday, but the forums were down. you posted that post probably 10 seconds before me.

EDIT2: One thing you all should know about me, I love watching people play Halo probably more than I like playing myself. So, I do visit Bungie.net (and halocharts) to just browse people's recent games. :) And I watch a lot of youtube videos.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

How is that stalking?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=727116724&player=NBL%20Pancake

65 kills in one game. My K/D went up because of it. Those guys were terrible. :twss:

-Random Youtuber