Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

anyone know what the highest rank a player has gotten is?

wonde how long it will take to get Inheritor rank

People reached to highest rank a few weeks ago.

The funny thing is, Supers0ak Ftw, one of the first to reach inheritor, was reset for boosting. This is why you don't boost on Halo. :shame:

EDIT: Someone has probably already posted this, but:

This is the year that we say goodbye to Halo, but though the thought of our absence from this universe may bring a salty tear to your twinkling eye there is much to celebrate. So much in fact that we're tearing ourselves away from the blazing fires of our development forge to put the last two decades of Bungie's existence into proper perspective. It is, after all, the 20th anniversary of our studio and nearly the 10th anniversary of the game series that thrust us straight into the public's yearning maw.

Beginning on June 23rd, and running through the close of Bungie Day on July 7th, we'll be celebrating the last twenty years the only way we know how - by giving you, the best -blam!- community on the planet, all the parting gifts we can muster.

Here are 7 reasons you should come out and celebrate with us this year:

Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)

Link to article.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

anyone know what the highest rank a player has gotten is?

wonde how long it will take to get Inheritor rank

People reached to highest rank a few weeks ago.

The funny thing is, Supers0ak Ftw, one of the first to reach inheritor, was reset for boosting. This is why you don't boost on Halo. :shame:

This first one to reach it also was reset. XxsavioursoulxX I think.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

lol boosting in halo

[bleep]ing yt sub box wont update with new videos, i [bleep]ing hate yt

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

What I wonder is how they will ship the steak... will it be pre-cooked or frozen?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Hey guys, I need some help testing a map. It's actually one I talked about a while back, but after a test run then, I made quite a few changes. Mind you, the last test was months ago, and I haven't been playing much until recently.

This is a general view of Strafe. At the start of the game, players will basically be racing to the top of the map to get at the Falcon. Or, if one team wants to level the playing field, they can stay on the lower levels and collect weapons to take out the Falcon. They'll need them, since stopping to get them means the other team will get the bird. The Falcon respawns every 90 seconds, adjusted from the original 3 minutes, which was really annoying in the test game.

reach_19628453_Full.jpg

Originally the turrets were the human type, but these were overpowered, and it was too easy to just rip them off and go on a rampage. These could well be underpowered against the Falcon though, and re-introducing the human gun might be beneficial overall, especially since there are more precision weapons on the map now. Also, if you'll note the area in the bottom left, the turret in these corners has been removed altogether and replaced with a plasma pistol spawn.

reach_19628670_Full.jpg

I decided that this map is better played with classic settings, where you don't choose the weapon or armor ability you spawn with (actually, the whole thing is improved without armor abilities). However, the main reason this was done was to stop the jetpack abuse. That is, HAVING a jetpack. However, there are two jetpack spawns, one in each tower. I've yet to determine how long their spawn times should be, but they're placed in an area that won't help in getting to the Falcon in the initial race.

reach_19628676_Full.jpg

Due to the fast-paced opening race, it's pretty much guaranteed the pilot will have to take off in a hurry to avoid being shot down or hijacked, and teamates may not have made it. They can't wait around, so I added the circled areas. Ignore the one in the background (the map is symmetrical so it's explained in the foreground anyways). These are areas with some amount of cover where the Falcon can pick up stranded teamates. The one on top is safe because of the building between the rest of the map and the area, and the lower one because in order to pick up players, the Falcon must descend below the rest of the map. Although I suppose it's possible for someone to jump down on it from a higher platform :twisted:

The grav-lift on the walkway leading up to the lower one spawns at 60 seconds, so it doesn't cheapen the initial race.

reach_19628688_Full-1.jpg

GT iamdamanbaby 1 - Just add me if you're interested, and thanks.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

While we're on the topic of Forge maps. I'd like to show you guys my map: Contained.

I'll just copy paste the post I made over at ForgeHub. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contained is a arena-style symmetrical map best played with objective gametypes such as CTF and Assault or just plain old Team Slayer. It offers intense and fast-paced fights in the middle area while you can use the lower and side areas to sneak up on the enemy's base. Inspiration for this map were mainly Midship and the Halo 3 Forged MLG maps. The focus right at the beginning was competitive gameplay. I think MLG-gametypes would work decently well on this map as a result too.

Over the past couple of months I've made loads of changes to this map, ranging from small details to big chances which changed the entire flow of the map. For example; in the beginning only the top floor existed along with the small bottom level areas at the back of each base. This made the map way to small for 4vs4 matches and made objective gametypes nigh impossible since everyone spawned so close to the enemies. Along the way I've added a lot to the map in order to make it bigger and better fit for objective gametypes. First thing I added was the bottom middle floor. It added another route to get to the other base fast, but relatively dangerous. In the mean time I added small stuff to make the map bigger bit by small bit. A result of this is for example the invis area, or the tunnel going to the main lift which elads to the center of the map. The last really big addition to the map were the two tunnel leading from the bottom of the main ligt to the back of either base. This was a slow, but safe way to get from one base to the other. At that moment I knew I had enough ways to get into each base and back out again.

I'm pleased with how the maps feels, plays and looks right now and that's why I've made this thread. I could go on for months making small changed here and there, but I'm done with the map and I want to start on something new. I'll stop talking now and I'll get to business. Picture business.

First the weapon list:

1x Sniper Rifle

1x Grenade Launcher

8x DMR

2x Needle Rifle

1x Needler

2x Plasma Pistol

2x Pistol

2x Frag Grenade

2x Plasma Grenade

1x Invisible

5x Health-Pack

Here are a few pictures so you can get an idea of the lay-out.

Overview:

Containeddrawing.png

Center:

reach_18891276_Full.jpg

Blue Base:

reach_18891279_Full.jpg

Red Base:

reach_18891280_Full.jpg

Invis area:

reach_18891278_Full.jpg

Sniper spawn:

reach_18891289_Full.jpg

Green tunnel going from bottom middle to main middle grav-lift:

reach_18891312_Full.jpg

Middle grav-lift leading to top floor:

reach_18891334_Full.jpg

Grav-lift at the back of the base leading to the top of the base:

reach_18891322_Full.jpg

Action shots:

reach_18891345_Full.jpg

reach_18891344_Full.jpg

reach_18891346_Full.jpg

reach_18891317_Full.jpg

reach_18891359_Full.jpg

And that about wraps it up for this post. I'd like to thank everybody who helped testing this map, especially the people over at HaloGAF and ForgeHub who gave lots of good feedback. So.... yeah... that's it!

Download here.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... today was the last Bungie Day. My friend and I never got a chance to play with the Bungie staff, but the games we did play in the BD playlist, we won 2 out of 5. It was fun; most of the people playing were really good. Had a good time :thumbup:

Also, Yoink is the STUPIDEST medal ever. It basically says to your team "Hey guys, I'm a huge [bleep] and am going to steal kills you earned haha."

Damn, didn't play Reach at all during Bungie Week/Day thing :( And my gold membership is running out soon as well... Oh well.

The only times I've ever gotten 'Yoink' is by accident. But yeah, you are right about it. It's stupid.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Not stupid, hilarious. Annoying when it's a melee from right next to you, but worth if for the lucky shots from across the map. Although I think the names need to be reversed, showstopper doing it to teamate, yoink for saving your own guy.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

If you don't want to get Yoinked, don't do the damn animation. It's a risk you're taking and I'm glad to take the opportunity to get a free kill. (I only actually Yoink people who I know for laughs, but still.)

Bungie Day really showed me how awful Armor Abilities are. Armor Lock, Evade, Camo and Jetpack. God, how I hate them. I quit a warning for a quit ban for the first time EVER today, because I kept quitting games filled with Armor Lockers. [bleep] that [cabbage].

i also hate armor abilitys :| and if there are ability pick ups on the map you get kids [bleep]ing/ killing you if they dont get it

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Does anyone else remember Firefight versus? What ever happened to that?

Host was too much a factor. You could play it in MatchMaking for a week and after that they cut it. You can still play it in customs if you want to. If you change to blue team you will be an Elite.

..... played some zombies, first round was ok then on the 2nd round i spawn right infront of the zombies, when im not a zombie. i died 5 [bleep]ing seconds in to the match :|

best spawn ever k. even better than spawning next to enemy team in black ops headquarters :|

he mad?

Don't play Infection Arena Zealot. Problem solved.

Fix'd

Rarely should you ever spawn next to zombies. Except MAYBE on Sword Base, at which point they can just jump right down. Arena Zealot has to be THE WORST zombies map ever, since you can, in fact, die within the first five seconds.

Living Dead doesn't have any good Infection maps anyway. I really don't understand why they don't add some specially made community maps as they're way better for Infection than the standard ones.

Not a big fan of Infection. Frustrating when a dude is just camped up in that corner on swordbase where you can only use the vertical man-cannon to get there. Yah yah, I know it's strategic and may be how you're supposed to play the game, but it's just dumb. Not very fun.

Also, wish I had never been introduced to K/D. I haven't played Reach in weeks because I get all nervous and antsy about lowering my K/D. Debating on making a new account where I can just mess around on. But I'm not sure that will work. Wish I was Brigadier rank so I could at least use my credits and buy the armor I want... I hate looking noobish. D:

Also, I found out that a lot of high ranked players who are well known on HaloCharts credit boosted (Oni Sword Base mission, designator weapon). :\ I am very tempted to credit boost to Brigadier just to buy my stuff (at this moment, I have all the credits I need, just not the rank).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |