Monday Poll: How efficently do Tip.It guides cover info

MPM

Tip.It is the best but like it messes in some stuff.

Dynamic Sigs, Price Look-Up, PICTURES in Quest Guide..... etc.

Misplacedme or any other Crewbie who deals with Quests...maybe ask new players to get pics and make guides into sentences?

I don't really care...got full qps.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Option 2, because Tip explains a lot of stuff really well, but there's some certain things not very well described here that RuneHQ explains better. (Prime example to me is the tar distiller for regicide, it didn't make much sense when i checked tip, but runehq described it much more clearly)

Tip.it for life though ::'

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Tip.it is my absolute favorite RS help site -- I always use it if I can. That said, I also chose option 2 for those rare occasions when tip.it doesn't help. Normally this is if I need to look up an NPC in another site's database. I also go to Sal's Realm occasionally for alternate strategies and their excellent location guides. However, 95% of the time I am here at tip.it.

And I love the verbose style of the quest guides, myself. I feel that shortening them to a step-by-step would lessen them somehow.

I use tip.it for everything besides item prices, I am very pleased with how fast the quest guides are always uploaded, I use them every time. However, due to the lack of some items in the item database and the lack of a market price estimate, I would have to give it 80%.

bukka626.png

There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

64% of teenagers are bad at math if you are one of the 48% who aren't copy this and paste it in your signature.

Because I don't usually get around to updates until at least a week after they came out, the speed at which Tip.it produces guides is fine; I put very efficient. The only thing that Tip.it doesn't have (that I go somewhere else to use) is a market price guide, updated constantly as the prices on the forums change. That would make Tip.it the best RS help site anywhere, IMO.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Every aspect of Tip.It is superior to any other RuneScape website that I can think of, except for the quest guides. I usually have sal's realm open at the same time to do quests. It would also be nice to have a local quest experience rewards list :-w

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I picked the 3rd one.

The guides for quest usually take like 2-3 days. And they are so confusing to read, rune hq has them in like 2 hours with pictures.

And for god wars it took like 1-2 weeks for the guide to come out and it was horrible it didn't explain anything. The guide no offense are very disappointing.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

the only downside to tip.it guides are for training skills or hunting strong monsters (like the daggannoths kings or KQ) I believe that information from the Archive of wisdom should be better implemented into the main page guides from here (such as strategies for doing pyramid plunder or killing the KQ).

the only downside to tip.it guides are for training skills or hunting strong monsters (like the daggannoths kings or KQ) I believe that information from the Archive of wisdom should be better implemented into the main page guides from here (such as strategies for doing pyramid plunder or killing the KQ).

agree, i also find that tip.its guide to newer skills, like farming not like... RC/slayer are a bit off when it comes to lvling up. i felt when reading through the ranged guide for example it had a very good suggestion on what to do.

I went with the majority in choosing the second option. The Tipit guides are decent, but sometimes are slow, not very helpful, or just downright wrong (case in point the GWD guide - I posted some corrections for it nearly a month ago and nothing has been fixed). Compared with certain other sites, there is some obvious room for improvement.

Overall, though, Tipit is still the best :).

I went with the majority in choosing the second option. The Tipit guides are decent, but sometimes are slow, not very helpful, or just downright wrong (case in point the GWD guide - I posted some corrections for it nearly a month ago and nothing has been fixed). Compared with certain other sites, there is some obvious room for improvement.

Overall, though, Tipit is still the best :).

it took them 2 years to fix the stats on the granite legs... and 1 of those years the KB was out with stats on it.

so yes, it will probably get fixed but patience is good.

In my opinion, the Quest Tips make the quests possible. They are clear, easy to understand, and pretty much cover everything you need to be able to do the Quests.

The only change I would make is to include possible variables that come up- like say for instance on the Frankenstien Dr Quest above Canifis- saying that the grave will be marked and not just ground to dig and "See" if it's a grave would have helped- a little- but even as the tips went I followed it closely and always do when doing a quest-

Thank you for the question-

Wilder

aka

Rowan Ash

We know what the speed of light is, but what's the speed of dark?

http://www.theenchantingbear.com

Live and Love without restrictions

Tip it stays up whenever Runescape is up. Tip it has

the best skills guides of any site by far

(imo) and I'm a skiller for the most part.

That said, I find the same weaknesses in the quest

guides as have been mentioned already. The

recent change to improve this was only

a tiny improvement. I have 228 quest

points and I keep rune hq and tip.it both

up during quests since both usually offer

something the other doesn't on the walkthrough.

I also wish Tip it would include more detail on

items.

If I could have only one guide during quests it

would be Rune HQ but

overall, Tip.it is my favorite Runescape site

because it generally is superior in most things

I'm interested in when I play.

I use the quest guides, beastiary, items database, and skill calculators more than anything else on Tip.it.

While most of the time the information is well done and clear, occassionally certain details are left out or something isn't as clear as I would like it to be.

For example, I made a new character recently, and wanted to get through quests quickly and efficiently. On Recipe for disaster, the Skrach "Bone Crusher" Uglogwee: A cooked Jubbly bird section, it mentions;

"Hunt a chompy and pick up its raw meat and use your iron spit on it before you proceed. "

But leaves out the important detail "But don't cook it yet!"

Well, needless to say, I had to go all the way back and kill another chompy, because I had cooked it knowing Rantz wanted it cooked later in the quest. I would like to have been told "But don't cook it yet!"

Other quest guides on Tip.it mention suggested items you might want, like a bag of salt from a slayer master for Icthlarin's Little Helper, but fails to mention you can make your own salt in the quest by evaporating water.

I like things to be spelled out exactly, and if the guide tells me I will need to cook a chompy, but doesn't tell me to wait, I will cook it immediately, and mess up the quest.

If it suggests to buy a bag of salt from a slayer master, I will buy it, but then be frustrated to learn I could have got it free during the quest. I don't want to buy items if I can get them free during the quest.

I know in certain quests I was confused about the instructions, what I was meant to do, something to do with the wording, so I checked another fansite for info, unfortunately I can't remember what specific quests this happened on, but I will sometimes get a clearer idea of what to do by checking two different guides. I know making the Naphtha for Regicide and using the fractional still is one of those tricky things hard to do and hard to explain.

Most of the time, Tip.it gives me information that is accurate and up to date, so I come here first, except for on Clue Scrolls, as I find another site gives clue scroll information in a format I find easier to get the information I want.

I also would rather have an alphabetical beastiary rather than by monster level most of the time, but finding monsters by their level is also very useful at times, and it is possible to search if I do want information on a specific monster.

The only other information I often want is locations on where to find items and monsters, or what drops them most often, and current prices. Sometimes I can find that information, and sometimes I can't.

No site can be 100 percent perfect, but Tip.it does the job better than most, with a few exceptions in which case I do use other sources for that information I don't find here.

The only thing the Tip.it guides need are detailed descriptions of the most commonly used leveling methods.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'd like to see a similar poll, except asking specifically about quests. Most other guides are at or above the quality other sites are, except quest guides have been lacking for a long time. It's not a fault of tip it's really, it's just that other sites make it so you don't exactly have to think to do any part of the quest. That's why more people use other ones.