While on a Questing Adventure...

operator280

I know a black cavalier isn't a big deal, but it is the biggest thing I have that has no other worth other than looks.

So I am in the middle of doing the Tears of Guthix Quest. I brought all the materials, the lightsource being a torch.

I get down there, get grabbed by a couple of big hands for 13 damage each time. I think to myself, oh no big deal, I'll make it.

I forget something, run back out of the cave (in the mean while, getting grabbed by more hands.) Use my cut sapphire on the bullseye lantern, and then go back in. Halfway though the passage, I ask a level 110 with 99 strength if I could have any food. He said no... So I went through a couple more, once getting hit with another 13. I have 11 HP left and start freaking out, realizing I have my black cavalier on and my home tele needed to charge for about 5 more minutes. So I put HP Restore prayer on, thinking I'll just use up all my prayer getting my HP back up. So I am sitting there, waiting. I have 14 HP, and realize that I should probably light my torch. I light it, and the rooms lighten up. I think to myself, oh, thats good.

Then, while talking to some friends, bam, I get a 14 hit on me. I freak out. WTF! Something exploded and killed my. So now I lost my black cav. I ran back to get it back, but didn't have a light source, so I couldn't find it. I saw the level 110 walking by and asked him if he had it. He started to run back to lumby. I figured he has it.

So now I am mad out of my mind at quests, because I just lost my most valuable item.

Yeah... It sucks.

I really wish I had 100 qps and was fishing in Piscatoris right now.

Always bring food, an escape plan (tele rines/jewelry/tab) and never bring valuable items to dangerous places, especially while doing quests.

It's a hard lesson to learn, but you won't make that mistake again, I bet. Sorry for your loss, though.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

yea thats a lesson learnt on walking around runescape and worse still doing dangerous quests with expensive items which not much use on...you shouldnt have brought it in the first place...and always bring a quick tele whenever you enter a dangerous place...yup at least you wont make the same mistake again with something perhaps more valuable in the future...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

That place is hardly dangerous at all, and you're stupid to not bring some sort of teleport.

i take it you've never been there unprepared then?

you're going to want to bring a covered lamp, preferably a bullseye lantern next time, plus an extra to use as a sapphire lamp.

These sort of things are why I ALWAYS have a charged glory and a dueling ring. When I go to somewhere kind of dangerous (Mos'le Harmless, outside the walls; Lletya forest) I bring my elf crystal or ectophial. Saves me tons because I wear my cav mask everywhere.

Still alive, still alive.

:) That's why I never risk wearing expensive stuffs to dangerous places but even when i'm not wearing expensive stuffs i still bring a teleport and/or a charged glory.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

So, you went to an unknown location without doing any research and a Cav and without any precautions whatsoever?

Sorry, that was really dumb. If you had bothered to learn about where you were going, you would have known that open flames will explode. And it's common sense to bring teles, food, and NOTHING that you aren't willing to lose to new places.

p2gq.jpg

Yeah, the spiny helm thing was a real big thing that I forgot. It was under recommended in the quest help, and I had no idea what it was for. So I decided, seeing as it wasn't absolutely needed, I didn't bring it.

And the guide recommended a candle or torch. It never said anything about open flames causing explosions...

Thanks for all the feedback, positive and negative. I guess I have learned my lesson the hard way...

~Op

Nobody told you to bring your Cavalier down there. Invest in a Spiny Helmet, and learn your lesson well.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You brought a useless expensive item into an unknown area, you made it out safely but did not eat, bring food, or a tele. You go back in and walk past something that you knew would damage you. And to top it off, all you had to do was wait or log out for 5 minutes and you could have home teled to safety.

Don't try blaming this on the 110 or the quest guide. You played very recklessly and you lost.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but just trying to tell you like it is so you don't make the same mistake again.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

So I am in the middle of doing the Tears of Guthix Quest. I brought all the materials, the lightsource being a torch.

Thats were u went wrong. Tipit guides say bring a Bullseyes lantern only.

Always bring food and tele everywhere!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You brought a useless expensive item into an unknown area, you made it out safely but did not eat, bring food, or a tele. You go back in and walk past something that you knew would damage you. And to top it off, all you had to do was wait or log out for 5 minutes and you could have home teled to safety.

Don't try blaming this on the 110 or the quest guide. You played very recklessly and you lost.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but just trying to tell you like it is so you don't make the same mistake again.

Might not have made this clear... I did wait with super HP restore on, but seemingly in the wrong spot. But I understand where you are coming from.

Thats were u went wrong. Tipit guides say bring a Bullseyes lantern only.

Always bring food and tele everywhere!

The Zybez.net guide tells you to bring a candle or other lightsource, as well as a bullseye lantern. You wouldn't be able to do the quest with just a bullseye lantern, unless you put the saphire lense on before going in. If you didn't, it won't let you put the sapphire lense it due to the lantern being too hot.

On another note, I finished the quest without a hassle the second time, bringing a [bleep]ey helmet, food, tele, and two bullseye lanterns. My new questing outfit is an elemental shield and helmet. Nothing valuable there. :XD:

Thanks for all the help and advice.

The Zybez.net guide tells you to bring a candle or other lightsource, as well as a bullseye lantern. You wouldn't be able to do the quest with just a bullseye lantern, unless you put the saphire lense on before going in. If you didn't, it won't let you put the sapphire lense it due to the lantern being too hot.

That's why you put the lens in before going down. ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

That's why you put the lens in before going down. ;)

Yeah, I realized that, hence the reason I went back out of the cave but didn't get food. I thought I could make it through. I just switched the lense when I got out, and then went back in, only to die.

And the guide doesn't say anything about that... so I don't think it is entirely my fault that I wasn't prepared to put the sapphire lense in beforehand.