Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

Dark_Leader
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Leader

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
I support 100%.

And I support the 10k(i think) free experience if you do digsite quest.

How about to making getting the brushes and trowels even more archeology(sp?) related you have to dig up a special sample or something you dig up and add that to the trowel/brush for the 3rd ingredient.

And mab7ye add more lower level brushes or lower the smithing req or lower the smithing req or more trowls :D

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader
Posted Image

"The walls shook at the noise of the horses, and of the wheels, and of the chariots.

What walls? We don't need walls! WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,017 posts
Great idea :thumbsup: add me to the supporters! this would make a great addition to the skill list

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20.

#rpgformod

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity

I support 100%.

And I support the 10k(i think) free experience if you do digsite quest.

How about to making getting the brushes and trowels even more archeology(sp?) related you have to dig up a special sample or something you dig up and add that to the trowel/brush for the 3rd ingredient.

And mab7ye add more lower level brushes or lower the smithing req or lower the smithing req or more trowls :D

Kind Regards

Dark_Leader

I really don't like the 10k free exp idea. No one would have to start off at level 1. They'd be boosted up to what, like level 25? So no. No free exp.

And I don't really like the brush/trowel idea. I think they're fine the way they are. And by NO means are the smithing requirements too high. There are plenty people with those levels and the point of having the smithing/crafting levels is to give smithers/crafters an opportunity to make some money off of making and selling brushes/trowels. It was part of my idea that this skill helped MANY types of players, not just those who strictly did Archaeology itself.

Thanks for the support though, and your constructive criticism is more than welcomed and wanted. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

raz
[ Display Name History ]

raz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
Support. Great idea.

Evil Pig20
[ Display Name History ]

Evil Pig20

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
Cool, when is this update coming :mrgreen:

Only thing I can say is that the sybol looks like maggots! :XD:

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
Thank you for your support, guys.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Best presented skill idea I've seen. And good job on the skill cape; I'd love to see a yellow one <3:

Support, duh.

Wo0tilici0us
[ Display Name History ]

Wo0tilici0us

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts

This is one of the most well thought out suggestions I ave evr read (besides the More F2P Bankspace thread). You clearly nearly every catagorie for this skill. Unlike most people-who just come up with a skill and leave the rest for Jagex. 10/10. I would love this skill, but if it came out-it would probably be members(and I'm F2P) :( .

+1.

So you're actually suggesting JaGex implements something into the game which for several years have been trying to stop?... :XD:

Posted Image

Acero Frio
[ Display Name History ]

Acero Frio

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Acero_Frio
  • RSN2:Chocslice
  • Clan:Oothhg

This trowel can only be obtained through smithing, or can be bought from another player.

Here you have contradicted yourself.
Posted Image

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Awesome idea! I support even though I'm F2P.

Maybe at the top you should motion to JAGeX that you allow them to use this idea. I'm not sure if they are allowed to make this idea if someone posted the whole thing like this.

Heres a good idea on what you should put:

[i]I give permission for JAGeX to use this idea, images and all the ideas that I have stated here. I give JAGeX permission to also edit this idea, the images and ideas that were stated below.[/i]

j0xPu5R.png

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
A very well thought out idea...

Heck, i'd like to see it ingame.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

This trowel can only be obtained through smithing, or can be bought from another player.

Here you have contradicted yourself.

It's not contradiction, you're just reading it inccorectly. It says it can only be obtained 2 ways. The "or can be bought from another player" is the continuation of the section "can only be..." It's fine the way it is.

I'd also appreciate if you'd comment about the idea, and not about nitpicky, unimportant grammar mistakes. Mine is fine, thank you, and I have had 2 people proofread this several times over to make sure any mistakes were rectified.

This thread is meant for discussion on the idea, so please next time contribute to it by adding your construction criticism and comments.

Thank you.

Awesome idea! I support even though I'm F2P.

Maybe at the top you should motion to JAGeX that you allow them to use this idea. I'm not sure if they are allowed to make this idea if someone posted the whole thing like this.

Heres a good idea on what you should put:

[i]I give permission for JAGeX to use this idea, images and all the ideas that I have stated here. I give JAGeX permission to also edit this idea, the images and ideas that were stated below.[/i]

Yeah. I would put that, but I do intend to send this to Jagex along with the permission to use any part of it they wish. My goal of putting it on Tip It is really more to make sure it's an idea a variety of players would enjoy. Once I know it is (Which, so far it does seem so) I will send it to Jagex.

Thank you for your support though. Posts like yours are very welcomed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

sk8erpunk193
[ Display Name History ]

sk8erpunk193

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
Wow, brilliant idea!

I think you clearly stated what it would have, and you connected it very well into the pre-existing skills of runescape. well done.

I support 100%

ember3579
[ Display Name History ]

ember3579

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 859 posts
If Jagex doesn't put this in the game by next year's Halloween, I will beat Andrew Gower like a bad monkey. <.<

Guest_ickdeep2_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_ickdeep2_
  • Guests
I Support but i cant put in sig

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
Sound fun, i support!

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

nitram99
[ Display Name History ]

nitram99

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • RSN:Sir Nitram99
  • Clan:ZeitPhasm
I support this too!

Brilliant idea and very vary skill as you have to and can use several other skills to it and from it. And you have really thought out of the box, like the idea with the herb pots.

I would really love to see it as a skill. But the 30 sec respawn time isn't really ideal I think if you want to powertrain or train the skill for leveling. Sorry to say it but most players don't have the patience to wait for that "long" for a thing to respawn when they train a skill for levels. Most skills that you train for levels have quick respawns, sandstone/granite for mining, willow/maples for woddcutting, red chinchompas for hunter and so on. All of those respawns fast and are therefor used for training a skill for levels. What would be the corresponding way to train this skill for leveling, like heavy leveling? Waiting for 30 sec every time when leveling a skill above like lvl 70 isn't not really optimal I think due to most players poor and low patience. Thats, the only problem I see with this idea.

But put me up on the support list and I will use the "Support the Archelogy skill" sig too.
Posted Image

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Tsar
[ Display Name History ]

Tsar

The Ace Of Spades

• Members
  • 947 posts
  • RSN:Tsar
  • RSN2:Silk Spectre
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild
I support this 99%. The 1% I don't agree on are the rewards involved, just because its a proven fact that if an idea of this caliber gets accepted by Jagex, theyll most likely tweak down the rewards quite a bit, in hopes of making the game balanced.

Still, this is one of the best suggestions I've read on this board. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

purfishx
[ Display Name History ]

purfishx

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,539 posts
Support here.
Posted Image
Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2
Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

I support this too!

Brilliant idea and very vary skill as you have to and can use several other skills to it and from it. And you have really thought out of the box, like the idea with the herb pots.

I would really love to see it as a skill. But the 30 sec respawn time isn't really ideal I think if you want to powertrain or train the skill for leveling. Sorry to say it but most players don't have the patience to wait for that "long" for a thing to respawn when they train a skill for levels. Most skills that you train for levels have quick respawns, sandstone/granite for mining, willow/maples for woddcutting, red chinchompas for hunter and so on. All of those respawns fast and are therefor used for training a skill for levels. What would be the corresponding way to train this skill for leveling, like heavy leveling? Waiting for 30 sec every time when leveling a skill above like lvl 70 isn't not really optimal I think due to most players poor and low patience. Thats, the only problem I see with this idea.

But put me up on the support list and I will use the "Support the Archelogy skill" sig too.

See, with the respawn thing, it's either what I have, which is 50 (Quite a LOT of respawns in one spot, if you ask me) fissures with 30 second respawn times, or maybe 10, slightly faster (about 5-10 second) respawns, which would be more spread out. So...I personally don't think I'd have a problem alternating between 2-3 fissures which would literally be like 2 squares from eachother. But if more people comment on this, I will change it. Thank you so much for your criticism, though. Anything and everything to improve this idea is much appreciated.

I support this 99%. The 1% I don't agree on are the rewards involved, just because its a proven fact that if an idea of this caliber gets accepted by Jagex, theyll most likely tweak down the rewards quite a bit, in hopes of making the game balanced.

Still, this is one of the best suggestions I've read on this board.

Unfortunetly, you're probably right. But personally, I feel these rewards are within Jagex's range, and wouldn't overpower or unbalance any aspects of the game. And anyway, I personally think it's time to put another money maker in the game, and not something like Hunter and Red Chinchompas, which is only a slight money maker. Thank you for your support!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users