The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

A very well thought out idea...

Heck, i'd like to see it ingame.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trowel can only be obtained through smithing, or can be bought from another player.

Here you have contradicted yourself.

It's not contradiction, you're just reading it inccorectly. It says it can only be obtained 2 ways. The "or can be bought from another player" is the continuation of the section "can only be..." It's fine the way it is.

I'd also appreciate if you'd comment about the idea, and not about nitpicky, unimportant grammar mistakes. Mine is fine, thank you, and I have had 2 people proofread this several times over to make sure any mistakes were rectified.

This thread is meant for discussion on the idea, so please next time contribute to it by adding your construction criticism and comments.

Thank you.

Awesome idea! I support even though I'm F2P.

Maybe at the top you should motion to JAGeX that you allow them to use this idea. I'm not sure if they are allowed to make this idea if someone posted the whole thing like this.

Heres a good idea on what you should put:

[i]I give permission for JAGeX to use this idea, images and all the ideas that I have stated here. I give JAGeX permission to also edit this idea, the images and ideas that were stated below.[/i]

Yeah. I would put that, but I do intend to send this to Jagex along with the permission to use any part of it they wish. My goal of putting it on Tip It is really more to make sure it's an idea a variety of players would enjoy. Once I know it is (Which, so far it does seem so) I will send it to Jagex.

Thank you for your support though. Posts like yours are very welcomed.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

If Jagex doesn't put this in the game by next year's Halloween, I will beat Andrew Gower like a bad monkey. <.<

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I support this too!

Brilliant idea and very vary skill as you have to and can use several other skills to it and from it. And you have really thought out of the box, like the idea with the herb pots.

I would really love to see it as a skill. But the 30 sec respawn time isn't really ideal I think if you want to powertrain or train the skill for leveling. Sorry to say it but most players don't have the patience to wait for that "long" for a thing to respawn when they train a skill for levels. Most skills that you train for levels have quick respawns, sandstone/granite for mining, willow/maples for woddcutting, red chinchompas for hunter and so on. All of those respawns fast and are therefor used for training a skill for levels. What would be the corresponding way to train this skill for leveling, like heavy leveling? Waiting for 30 sec every time when leveling a skill above like lvl 70 isn't not really optimal I think due to most players poor and low patience. Thats, the only problem I see with this idea.

But put me up on the support list and I will use the "Support the Archelogy skill" sig too.

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

I support this 99%. The 1% I don't agree on are the rewards involved, just because its a proven fact that if an idea of this caliber gets accepted by Jagex, theyll most likely tweak down the rewards quite a bit, in hopes of making the game balanced.

Still, this is one of the best suggestions I've read on this board. :thumbsup:

dontfearthereaper2.png

I support this too!

Brilliant idea and very vary skill as you have to and can use several other skills to it and from it. And you have really thought out of the box, like the idea with the herb pots.

I would really love to see it as a skill. But the 30 sec respawn time isn't really ideal I think if you want to powertrain or train the skill for leveling. Sorry to say it but most players don't have the patience to wait for that "long" for a thing to respawn when they train a skill for levels. Most skills that you train for levels have quick respawns, sandstone/granite for mining, willow/maples for woddcutting, red chinchompas for hunter and so on. All of those respawns fast and are therefor used for training a skill for levels. What would be the corresponding way to train this skill for leveling, like heavy leveling? Waiting for 30 sec every time when leveling a skill above like lvl 70 isn't not really optimal I think due to most players poor and low patience. Thats, the only problem I see with this idea.

But put me up on the support list and I will use the "Support the Archelogy skill" sig too.

See, with the respawn thing, it's either what I have, which is 50 (Quite a LOT of respawns in one spot, if you ask me) fissures with 30 second respawn times, or maybe 10, slightly faster (about 5-10 second) respawns, which would be more spread out. So...I personally don't think I'd have a problem alternating between 2-3 fissures which would literally be like 2 squares from eachother. But if more people comment on this, I will change it. Thank you so much for your criticism, though. Anything and everything to improve this idea is much appreciated.

I support this 99%. The 1% I don't agree on are the rewards involved, just because its a proven fact that if an idea of this caliber gets accepted by Jagex, theyll most likely tweak down the rewards quite a bit, in hopes of making the game balanced.

Still, this is one of the best suggestions I've read on this board.

Unfortunetly, you're probably right. But personally, I feel these rewards are within Jagex's range, and wouldn't overpower or unbalance any aspects of the game. And anyway, I personally think it's time to put another money maker in the game, and not something like Hunter and Red Chinchompas, which is only a slight money maker. Thank you for your support!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Thank you for your support! I will add you to the list.

Also, to everyone putting support images into their signatures, I have a made a new one with a full bar image, so it'll look cleaner in your signature. I may also work on different sized images if people request them.

Continue supporting!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

This skill would also be a very good way to put some use in some of the very un-used areas in the rs world. I'm thinking of places like;

- The Haunted Mine (does any1 every go there after the mini-quest and the quest in there? - huge area that is not used)

- The Fight Arena (the big arena just north of Yanille, just only for 1 quest, then it's never visited again and the area is big)

- Drogesh-Kaan (the big city was visited the first weeks after it was released and now it's deserted by most players)

Those are 3 big areas that I think needs to be revitalized and to put some of those digging spots in those areas would make players wanna visit them. What do you think about that suggestion?

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Woah. Awesome idea, you've put a lot of thought into this. I really hope this get Skillified by Jagex. I have a suggestion, though. Maybe you could add music in the new areas? That could be another incentive to raise your Archaeology level. Support.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

i support. If you really want to make this a skill post a forum on the RSOF's.

I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of converting the entire guide again. Plus, if I do, I'd have to post it on multiple posts due to the character limit. And this is a HUGE guide. lol. We'll see, though. I will eventually send this directly to Jagex.

This skill would also be a very good way to put some use in some of the very un-used areas in the rs world. I'm thinking of places like;

- The Haunted Mine (does any1 every go there after the mini-quest and the quest in there? - huge area that is not used)

- The Fight Arena (the big arena just north of Yanille, just only for 1 quest, then it's never visited again and the area is big)

- Drogesh-Kaan (the big city was visited the first weeks after it was released and now it's deserted by most players)

Those are 3 big areas that I think needs to be revitalized and to put some of those digging spots in those areas would make players wanna visit them. What do you think about that suggestion?

One of my points of interest in this idea was to add more use to areas not commonly used. Personally, I feel enough are included already, but I am planning to add another feature to this, and your suggestions for areas just may be used. Thank you. :)

Woah. Awesome idea, you've put a lot of thought into this. I really hope this get Skillified by Jagex. I have a suggestion, though. Maybe you could add music in the new areas? That could be another incentive to raise your Archaeology level. Support.

Yes, I believe that would add an incentive. But also, I think it would be pointless mentioning the music in the guide. For me, it's common sense that new music would be in the areas. But thank you for mentioning this. I hadn't really thought of it. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Wow. Put me on the support list, and put my name in red. Congratulations for having Ray Oxide's favourite idea title! (Write that next to the name =p)

This is better than even the bank idea.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Thanks!

The areas for features in the skill that you already have put in there are great. But is that coelachanth (spelling?) really usefull as it's a really long walk/run to it and you have to pass some stats-reducing areas which u might have to use restore pots in to be able to fish those fishes, right? Or am I totaly wrong where that area is? And isn't way far away from a bank/deposit box, so long that it wouldn't be used I mean?

Sir_Nitram99.png

Thanks!

The areas for features in the skill that you already have put in there are great. But is that coelachanth (spelling?) really usefull as it's a really long walk/run to it and you have to pass some stats-reducing areas which u might have to use restore pots in to be able to fish those fishes, right? Or am I totaly wrong where that area is? And isn't way far away from a bank/deposit box, so long that it wouldn't be used I mean?

Yes, everything you said is indeed correct. I wanted it to be the strongest healer, but also not be easy to get. However, now that I have thought on it, I think maybe raising the healing to 25 wouldn't hurt. What do you think?

Thank you also to everyone who has supported. It is all greatly appreciated!

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

40. Andy_matthews

41. Gregmister2

42. Teh_langzor

43. Oake

44. Santor

45. Horntail203

46. RayOxide (His favourite idea!) [Happy, Ray? =-p]

Yes. <3:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

My thought was basically that even whatever healing a new food heals it won't be anywhere near the intended impact in the game if it's too hard and a struggle to get the food. But, as you say, there is a limit/border where the hp healed overcomes the struggle to get the food. I don't think that limit/border is 23 and maybe not even 25. So the choise then is to either increase the hp healed or decrease the struggle to get the food.

But anyway's this is an amazing idea and I will do my part in keeping this thread and idea alive.

Sir_Nitram99.png