The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far the most cleverly thought out skill idea that I have read, you included every single piece of info that would be needed to research and use the skill,

Also, I am loving the skill cape!! awesome!

Add me to the supporters list. :thumbsup:

BTW, Have you posted this in the RS official forums?? or even queried Jagex with the idea because I do believe with all the info you have thought out and organized they would give this a serious thought.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

The Only thing that concerns me is that some Archeology areas will be in VERY VERY dangerous areas. Also with all that money coming in from that skill, it might cause a rise in inflation. Other than that, you have really thought this out.

Support, make a f2p element pl0x?

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

Hello, everyone. I just would like to say that I am unfortunetly not, at the current time, able to reply to comments and such, as I am in college now and currently don't have my own internet connection. I currently have a very trusted friend keeping up with this thread for me, so do not fret. All supporters are added to the list, I just cannot personally edit things or add things while I am busy.

Thank your for the support, though. For there to be 50+ more supporters since the last time I check this is amazing to me, and when I return, hopefully I will have enough support to submit this to Jagex.

~Outsanity

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Very well thought out, but I still have some questions and suggestions: (I have skipped to page 8, so some of this may be already said. My bad.)

How long will this skill take to level? I get a feeling it will be similar to Hunter, no idea why.

As I understand it, this skill will be very cheap to train, with the only costs coming from having to buy the tools. Am I correct?

Any plans for a guild for this skill? Probably located in the Digsite near Varrock. Could provide a shop for some of the tools you mentioned.

What about including Keldagrim, the Fremmenik territories and the Kharidian Desert a bit more? After all, Desert Treasure starts and finishes there. (Perhaps include a "Main Digsite" somewhere in the desert.)

How about introduction some sort of lucky amulet, increasing the chances of finding a bigger rock sample? Just an idea.

Also, you say the fissures respawn every 30 seconds, similar to ore rocks. Wouldn't this make the skill incredibly hard to train in the first few weeks of its release?

Finally, how about including some sort of race specific Archaeology. Something completely unrelated to anything you have suggested, but I feel that it should be included somehow. Special sites in Misthalin/Morytania/Tirannwn/Fedip Hills etc that reveal the history of Humans/Vampires/Elves/Ogres respectively. This idea needs some thought, but I don't think the Archaeology Skill would be complete without it.

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

:XD: by far 1 of the best ideas ive ever heard duggested for this game and i 100% support it!!! Just id only support it honestly if it were f2p because i just turned f2p again and i really want a new skill for f2p.. \' good luck on getting more supporters!!! :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :roll:

gl1111.png

ArchSupport.png

Its clearly very well thought out, I absolutely love the detail and effort you've put into this. The one flaw I could find though is that the rewards are extremely high for something that spawns so quickly. Look at hunter for example and the dragon imps: the drops are worth a lot but they're extremely rare and not always good. I'd try to balance it out a little bit more with the rest of the RS world. But other than that its amazing! Great Work you have my support ;)

Great. This is a well thought out idea. Support.

P.S I have been looking everywhere for a Summoning idea, since so many people have been saying it is coming out, but I can't find one. Any1 got 1?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

Wow, great idea!

I'm a bit of an amateur archaeologist in real life, so i would love this \'

Noob is not a level, it is an attitude

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Support your favorite runescape site! (it better be tip.it :twisted:)