The Archaeology Skill - (Surprise on Page 26!)

Outsanity

Since the forums got destroyed, so did my thread and its coding. I am now trying to repair the thread to it's old glory so we can get this idea churning in the minds of the average runescape player again. I will soon be working on re-uploading the images so hopefully they will be working soon.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really love this skill! Very imaginative, practical and not a moneysink.

Though that lvl 96 God Wars thing isn't really rewarding. With the introduction of As A First Resort we have a spa that raises prayer way more than +5 and I don't think many people would go there for prayer exp as house alters I'm sure would still be faster exp and time=money.

I can't imagine what would be the lvl 99 reward would be awesome.

ive posted here before, and my name was added to the list bcuz i was a supporter, but because of the forums going down b4, my name was taken out, so can u plz add mine again. it would make me verrryy happy :D o and if its not to much trouble, can u put a smiley next to mine lol :pray:

ooo and i think i have an idea that you can add!!! i read through the whole guide "AGAIN" and i don't see the idea im thinking of there so im going to tell you. well, in the dig site, you can get specimen jars to hold your finds. so maybe members can craft this specimen jar using glassblowing to train crafting.(wait, glassblowing is crafting right? or is it construction?) and maybe there r 3 types of specimen jars. the normal ones from dig site. sterilized jars. and sterilized and air sealed jars. the normal jars can be made from lvl 10 "whatever skill glassblowing is from" sterilized jars can be made from lvl 25 "insert name of skill glassblowing is from" and you have to add a piece of silk inside the jar. to make sterilized/air sealed jars, u need lvl 56 "glassblowing skill[crafting or construction not sure which] then add a piece of silk, and a steel bar. then take it to the varrock museum, bring it to the museum guard standing in front of the dig site clean up area, and he will take you to the jar vacuum(he will only do this if there is a specimen in your jar), the jar vacuum takes out the air from the jar and locks it.

hope you think this is a good idea =)

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

First off, support. Completely.

Thank you for your mind, your effort, and your time.

The whole Rs community will benefit from it, as well as onlookers.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

Good to see the thread doing well \' I forgot I was the 20-something'ith supporter :o I guess it didn't happen last year =[ apart from the sailing skill that's supposedly coming out first, I think archaeology COULD be next after that \' if not, then i'm making my own game and making it l33t with skills like archaeology in it muahahahahahhahaa :twisted:

2vuhgcn.png

I support, I can imagine this skill being implemented and having different excavation sites (mainly the Varrock one, but others like maybe in the desert lands, maybe in the cave goblins place digging up some old items, and maybe even the elven lands). Could be a good way to make money, discover new items and such.

Dr_Brinner.png

Add me to supporters list! Great idea, but I think Jagex will have to do some big rearranging with some quests when they publish this skill. For example Digsite. Lots of people have done it already and if it would require the quest to start the skill I just can't think what will the people who have done it do- just talk to some guys in the test room? :wall:

Also in the quest Another Slice of H.A.M. it's used. The skill of archaeology. Maybe it would have some level of Archaeology requirement? But, again, what about the people who have already done it? Have they do it again? :ohnoes:

Still supporter! \'

(Just think it through, please ::' )

E: Corrected some typos. #-o

E2: The host of the support signatures is "dead". You should reupload the sigs.

PS: I got 253 QP and ireadlot :D

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Finally the images to the guide have been re-uploaded and are working as they should. You may now put the signatures back up for advertisment if you please.

There are a few things that have been lost since the death of the original forums, which I will be working on recovering when I can. They include:

-Images of Trowels and Brushes

-Images of Rock Samples and Fossils

-The entire section on the new quest "Ancient Tablet" that would be required to start this skill.

I am also working on tweaking some things and adding a new "Private Digsite" section. I just have to work out some things that may currently be too overpowered.

Also expect to see a Level 99 Archaeology ability soon. :D

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Very thought out ::'

Uhm, what i didn't like about the skill is that it seemed almost...repetative. Can i just suggest adding traps, agility courses, areas that need a lamp, and other things to help make this skill more appreciated. That way, it can incorporate other skills and it'll make the skill much more challengeing and respectful. Maybe create a digsite helmet? (i read on someone else's mining helmet suggestion thingy)

I hope it isn't too late to support, lol.

Very thought out ::'

Uhm, what i didn't like about the skill is that it seemed almost...repetative. Can i just suggest adding traps, agility courses, areas that need a lamp, and other things to help make this skill more appreciated. That way, it can incorporate other skills and it'll make the skill much more challengeing and respectful. Maybe create a digsite helmet? (i read on someone else's mining helmet suggestion thingy)

I hope it isn't too late to support, lol.

Very good suggestion. I'm glad you brought this point up, because, actually, I am currently devising some ways to add more risk to the skill and a bit more uncertainty to it by adding things like "Rival Archaeologists," which hopefully I will add into the guide soon.

Thanks for your support. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Support! Much better idea than Sailing, lol.

However, I must say that the GWD altar is horribly underpowered. For being the top-reward of this skill, it boosts prayer less than the spa from "As A First Resort" and the Prayer Exp Bonus is not good enough to justify the much longer journey than simply teleporting to your house. The biggest reward of this skill is, in my opinion, worse than some of the lvl 70s rewards...

Support! Much better idea than Sailing, lol.

However, I must say that the GWD altar is horribly underpowered. For being the top-reward of this skill, it boosts prayer less than the spa from "As A First Resort" and the Prayer Exp Bonus is not good enough to justify the much longer journey than simply teleporting to your house. The biggest reward of this skill is, in my opinion, worse than some of the lvl 70s rewards...

I think you should time out how long takes to get to godwars and use one inventory of bones, and then time out how long it takes to teleport to your house 3 times and use 3 inventory of bones.

Plus, this basically cuts down the cost of 99 Prayer by more than 50-75%. I think that in itself is worth the level.

However, as for the spa thing, I made this guide WAY before that quest, so at the time this would have been the best pray bonus in the game. I am going to adjust this aspect of it.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I don't like it.

Searching for bones?

No thanks.

Yeah, you didn't read the guide. Thanks for being an igornant poster.

P.S. I'd expect more respect out of a player who has 16M exp in Runecrafting and almost 2,200 total levels. Though I know you didn't read the guide at all, and obviously don't realize the skill is more than just digging up bones, even if I were to humor that logic, I could say that repetitively running essence to an altar and making runes is just as boring and useless.

Basically what I'm saying is be educated and read before you post.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Finally added the Private Digsite section to the guide! This is an enormous section which deals with setting up a private camp spot (working much like farming does) to dig up pieces of rare skill items that can be turned into the Artifact Exchange Industry for the full item! Read more by click on the private digsite section of the guide on the first post.

Also added a few more images to the guide, noteably being the Archaeology skill logo to indicate what Archaeology level you need to do certain things.

My next big project is to add more risk to the skill. I have already started working on this idea, and it shouldn't take nearly as long as it did to release the Private Digistes.

Keep the support coming.

EDIT - Updated the Supporter list. 231 Supporters! (Though technically before the forums died we had about 280. :roll:)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Probably the most impressively thought out idea I've ever seen on these forums.

I'd love it to be implemented!

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

1x Dragon Chainbody (1 Dust Devil Trip)

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

1x Drag Skirt (50+ trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

omfg i cant believe i read the whole thing! After reading the whole thing i found that it was just a load of....

awesomeness!!!

nice work =D>

1000000000000000000000000% support!!

:thumbsup:

this would be fun to see in the game.

Also, nicely thought out. Mustve taken a few hours to type out ::'